New User
Jim_Webster
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it!

Swords for a Dead Lady  Hi, I'm Jim Webster, author of 'Swords for a Dead Lady'.

This is a fantasy adventure. There is the discovery of the naked body of a woman hastily buried in a marsh, the quest to discover her identity and hunt down her killer leads our protagonists into ambush, civil strife and even light opera.

New User
MzCatJo
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Cathy Jo. I've written a book of short stories called Transitions: short stories for a rainy day. There are 8 stories ranging in subjects such as mental illness, relationships, family, unwed mothers, deceit, etc. Check it out if you like stories with a punch! It's only $2.99.  Here's the link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/transitions-cathy-jo/1113032053?ean=2940032907688 

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AMERICA'S WEIGHT PROBLEM  

Published: Feb. 05, 2011
Category:Non-fiction » Health and Well Being » Dieting
Words: 44342 (approximate)
Language: English

Also available in Print Edition

Short Description

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

New User
Cheryl_Rogers
0 Kudos

I have some ebooks sharing the Christian faith. These are suitable for those 10 and up:

Fast Track to Victory, A Christian Guidebook, a 40-lesson devotions book for new and young Christians. 

Finding God: Biblical Answers to Questions about Our Maker, appeals to those who don't like going to church, feels God doesn't hear their prayer, etc.

For writers, I have some ebooks on self publishing.

What You Should Know about Self Publishing 

What You Should Know Before you Hire a Book Designer  (free)

Book-Selling-Strategies for the Reluctant Marketer

Thanks for the opportunity to share!!

Contributor
native_son

Ashalon  After manifesting powers that he never dreamed possible, a twelve year old boy discovers to his shock that his true identity is Ashalon, the descendant and heir to an ancient bloodline spanning across thousands of generations that has only now reached its fruition. 

Driven by excruciating loss and emotional trauma, he begins to use his abilities to intervene during natural disasters, saving as many lives as he can. His selfless acts of heroism however, bring him to the attention of forces that, for reasons which will soon become clear, seek his destruction.

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Here is my latest short story available for the Nook!

The Haunting of the Charles F. Campton  

A November 1953 storm on Lake Michigan pushed the steamer Charles F. Campton to its limits. Captain Jason Feldkamp was also beyond his limitations, leaving First Mate Tom Howard with the task of keeping the crew safe in the churning waters. He was not as alone as he thought. The ghosts from the freighter’s troubled past emerge, but how would they affect the crew’s perilous situation?

A short story with about 3500 words.

Note, the description may not be available on the site yet.

Thank you,

John

New User
girlwriter95
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am the author of: "NO TIME TO CRY" - One Woman's Will to Survive Against All Odds.

“No Time to Cry” is a fact-based series of events of one woman’s plight to provide for herself and her two children while undergoing a decade worth of employment battles, (including loss and corruption), vehicle theft, eviction, sexual harassment, and eventually, homelessness. Her stories often connect humor with tragedy as a way for her to ease the pain when she is forced to inform her children that she’s lost yet another job at no fault of her own.

The author’s continuing source of strength throughout her ten year ordeal of mayhem and mishaps is her never-ending faith and trust in God. It is with Ms. Wallace’s explicit bone-chilling account of her five year old son’s near fatal car accident, that she not only makes you feel the sheer terror of that moment, but goes a step further to confess her own human flaws in the wake of God’s mercy. Thus, letting you know that there’s a viable reason why she believes the way she does, and how she not only coped, but managed to survive it all.

"NO TIME TO CRY" blends a unique mix of heartache and hope for this single mother's never-ending journey of faith from the depths of despair.

Guaranteed to make you laugh and cry.

FC - for Smashwords COVER PIC.jpg

My ebook is available for sale HERE: http://www.amazon.com/NO-TIME-TO-CRY-ebook/dp/B0098QPJTE

Frequent Contributor
Thriller-Writer
0 Kudos

Secrets Shrouded in White

S

Secrets Shrouded in White  

Do you see her? Chloe does. Chloe Cameron sees the little girl, prancing around joyfully and silently in her white dress.  

Fear explodes into pure terror when Chloe becomes desperate for answers. Darkness threatens to engulf her life in this nail biting, edge of your seat paranormal thriller with a romantic twist. She doesn’t even know who—orwhat she is running from.

Fire and ice. Light and Darkness. Good vs. Evil. Chloe is on a collision course with chaos, and her life hangs in the balance as she desperately searches for answers. She’s fighting for her life, and just like any other fight, there will be a winner…and there will be a loser.

This isn't your average ghost story. Or your average romance. Danger lurks around every corner. With every flip of a page. You could be immersed in a steamy romance one minute, and the next you're engaged in a battle of life or death. It's definately a good read for people across many genres. Thrillers. Romances. Ghost stories. Secrets Shrouded in White has it all. 

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? -Science, Religion & Spirituality

Science, Religion & Spirituality  

Also available in printed edition
  Short description

This guide will teach you to observe your mind, to live in gratitude, and to discard expectations. The benefits of focusing on your spiritual-self include tranquility, increased production, resurgence of vitality, mental clarity and joy of living. An understanding of “Science, Religion & Spirituality” will put you on a road to love and happiness irrespective of your faith

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? -Soul and Reincarnation

[ Edited ]

Soul and Reincarnation  

Also available in printed edition
  Short description

The views on soul and reincarnation vary from no such thing as a ‘soul’ to only humans possess a soul, to both humans and animals possess a soul, and that soul likewise dies when the physical body dies or that soul is immortal and never dies. All religions believe in the existence of SOUL in human body, but they differ in what happens after death. This manuscript searches for the truth.

Contributor
LaStade

I design knitting and crochet patterns.  Here is my latest knitting pattern available to download on the Nook:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1115247741?ean=2940016785318&itm=1&usri=2940016785318

loopy.jpg

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lori-stade
Contributor
Sheila_Horgan
0 Kudos

I'm excited to announce that Las Vegas - the first novella of The Girls Series - is in the hands of the formatter and will be published soon.  Las Vegas, the first novella of The Girls Series, brings us Adeline, Anna and Carolyn - three women set on making their next few years more fun than the last few.

Tea and Honey - the ninth book in the Tea Series - is in the hands of the editor and will be off to the formatter soon.

If you haven't started The Tea Series yet -- now would be a great time to start.  =)

The characters in The Tea Series are people you'd like to know and part of a family that welcomes you with open arms.  More than 150,000 copies of the books in this series have been sold.  You will find that each book in the series is a fast and fun read.  Each installment of the series is a hybrid of the traditional novel and the serial novel (each is a full-length novel and leads directly into the next installment. - and best when read in order)  The first book of the series - Hot Tea - is price reduced for a limited time.  Each book is just $2.99.

Hot Tea  

Sweet Tea  

Iced Tea  

Green Tea  

Peppermint Tea  

Tea to Go  

Summer Tea  

Traditional Tea  

---   or  ---

Four books bundled at a discounted price of just $6.99

The First Four - The Tea Series  

The Tea Series - Books Five through Eight  

I hope you will give them a try.

Sheila

New User
MarieHaynes
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about i

I write for Total-e-bound.com and have since 2008. Currently, I have published 4 books with them: Conquest of a fairy and my Pleasure series - Tasting Pleasure, What's your Pleasure and Discovering Pleasure. The first two in the series is also available in print. Warning:  These books are for ADULTS only due to the following content: BDSM, MFM, FmF, and really hot sex scene.

Frequent Contributor
dmnelson
0 Kudos

Murder Begets Murder and Deadly Favors by DM Nelson 99¢

Murder Begets Murder is a suspenseful mystery thriller set in Washington State against a backdrop of island ferries, mountain roads, and deadly twists.

Seattle defense attorney, Mac Brodie, has a beautiful wife, two young children, and lives in tony Mercer Island on Lake Washington. He made a fortune back east so now has the luxury of picking his clients by their need, not their paycheck. His wife wants Mac to use his looks and charm to run for congress, but he loves what he does and with whom he does it. His investigator, Seth Ivarsson is a 6’7” pony-tailed behemoth ex-cop who lives on a houseboat, and describes himself as more loyal than moral. The third and last member of Brodie’s team is a thirty year-old legal assistant, Brooke Fletcher who’s in her third year of law school. Though immensely attracted to her, Mac values his family too much to mess around – and she doesn’t seem interested.

Mac’s latest client, Earl Richards, is on death row and guilty as sin. But Mac doesn’t believe in the death penalty and will do whatever it takes to get the sentence commuted. Little could he predict the nightmare that leaves everyone he loves in imminent danger and his life forever changed.

Deadly Favors:

New England is known for its history but someone is willing to do whatever it takes to keep a part of it buried forever. From the streets of Boston to the underworld of Providence to the lakes of New Hampshire, Deadly Favors is a taut legal thriller ripped from today's headlines of racism and the modern growing threat of the super rich with frightening agendas.

It’s the eve of the 2012 election. Super Storm Sandy is ready to blast the northeast. Seattle Defense Attorney Mac Brodie and his investigator Seth Ivarsson travel to Boston to look into the racially charged thirty-year-old murder of a white coed. Meanwhile new law partner Brooke Fletcher, minding the shop back in Seattle, finds herself immersed in her own case involving a missing juvenile and the juvenile who may have murdered him.

When strange things start happening on the streets and subways of Boston, Mac is unconcerned but Seth is sure that the events have something to do with the case. After an evening of festivity, the unthinkable happens and blaming themselves, the survivors seek solace in revenge. With Sandy about to hit, an unlikely pair teams up to try to save one of their own, but as the night wears on, they find themselves in the eye of an entirely different kind of storm that promises untold devastation.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/d.m.-nelson

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? The Power of Breathing!

[ Edited ]

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

New User
Godservant762003
0 Kudos

My name is Carlos Aranda. My first book "My convserations with God" just released on October 1st. It is available for the nook as well as paperback. It has been a long journey but it is finally out and i hope that it is something that you find enjoyable and something that you would want to share with others. It is a biblical perspective on how God wants us to view and get through the trials and troubles that come our way. i am so exccited to have the opportunity to share with everyone my new book. Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance if you check out my book.

In Hid image
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it!-The Power of Breathing

The Power of Breathing  

Available in eBook and Printed Edition

Review Title- Excellent Advice: ***** 5-Star review on Amazon By Suzanne White: Nobody much really knows how to breathe. This savvy book clues you in without boring you to tears. It's a terrific self-helper. SL -Paris.

This is one of the most powerful books on breathing. Chapter 5, for example, explains two sets of breathing exercises which takes you out of this world. This not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows.

The book teaches you breathing-based technique called the healing breath. It incorporates specific natural rhythms of breath to release stress and bring the mind to the present moment. The book also includes other breathing techniques, meditation, low-impact yoga, and skills for dealing effectively with challenging emotions and situations.

Several independent studies on mental and physical health benefits of the breathing are given along with source, which have been published in international peer-reviewed journals. The studies confirm that practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort in their own breathing, but find cures for common illnesses from heart disease and cancer to asthma.
The “Power of Breathing” is written to be enjoyed by people of all traditions, religions, and walks of life, in universities, churches, governments, businesses, prisons, war zones, community rooms, and living rooms. The book is complete in itself and is also a foundation of healthy living.

What is called “Sudarshan Kriya” by new age gurus is a cycle of breaths—long, medium and short. Not only breathing patterns influence our emotions, the breath is in the present and is used to "rope in the wandering mind" that oscillates wildly between the past and the future. Like Zen masters who teach that the present moment is a chink opening into eternity, this guide describes the use of breathing to rope the present that frees our mind from the past which is nothing but history and the future which is mystery.

You will learn:
* Practices that heal and harmonize the body, mind, and spirit
* Skills for handling negative emotions and situations
* Practical wisdom for improving work and relationships
* Insight into the laws that govern the mind and emotions
* Stretching and low-impact yoga combined with breathing for health, circulation, and body stillness

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Science, Religion & Spirituality  

eBook and Printed Edition

Science, Religion & Spirituality arrives at a time when youth is returning to a kind of religion where spirituality is on the rise. There is no longer value in articles with titles such as “Is God Dead?” Today we are using science to complement our spirituality. This new notion prompted the writing of this book that combines Eastern religious traditions and Western scientific knowledge to develop practical spirituality. This guide teaches how to observe the mind, to live in gratitude, and to discard expectations. The benefits of focusing on our spiritual-self include tranquility, increased production, a resurgence of vitality, mental clarity and joy of living. There is even a test to know your spirituality level. This book is not about creating a new religion, sect or movement, but in fact is about loving every religion.

There are books on god and religion, and on spirituality. But this is one book that presents reconciliation between science and god/religion. A rare blend that brings science and spirituality together which are generally treated as oil and water. "Science, Religion & Spirituality" (Similar to Human Genome leader Collin's belief) explains that Science and God can co-exist.

Truth cannot contradict itself. Truth from science and truth from God/Religion must eventually converge into one grand whole, a unified knowledge of the laws that govern our universe. Those who fight over superiority of one over the other are blinded by ignorance about both.

In the past, East has lived religiously-- that is one pole-- and because it has lived religiously it has not been able to produce good science. The West has lived scientifically, and because of its science it has lost track of spirituality. Now for the first time in this space age and internet: the earth is becoming one global village. This is the time when the reconciliation between science and religion can be seen, can be understood.

The author has an advanced degree in life sciences and molecular biology from the West, and a fascination with yoga, breathing, religion, and spirituality from the East, crafted out of studies at Yale University, U.S.A., and Punjab University, India. Therefore, he presents quite successfully: Eastern and Western synthesis of science, religion, and spirituality.

The book consists of nine chapters and each chapter starts with an appropriate quote by some famous spiritualist, divine personality, prophet, philosopher or by the author itself: Chapter 1, The Power of Spirituality; Chapter 2, Religious Practices and New Consciousness; Chapter 3, The Universal Divine Mind; Chapter 4, A Free Mind; Chapter 5, Spiritual Living I; Chapter 6, Spiritual Living II; Chapter 7, God and Spirit; Chapter 8, Evil–The Absence of Goodness; Chapter 9, Full Living. The chapters precede by ‘A Word’ of introduction, and are followed by ‘Test of Your spirituality Level,’ and References.

The book introduction starts with a popular quote by Albert Einstein: “Religion without science is blind. Science without religion is lame” However, Dr. Dhillon goes even further to prove reconciliation between science and religion.

There are 3 chapters that describe: How concept of god and spirituality help us coping with stress. These describe virtues such as surrender, forgiveness, prayer, positive thinking, and control over mind. There is information about relieving fear of death and disease, and creating a state of mind without fear. Concept of soul and reincarnation, evil, hell, and heaven are explained from both scientific and religious point of view. There is another chapter on: How our attitude and actions are related to pain and pleasure, love, friendship, and happiness. An understanding of science, religion, and spirituality will put us on a road to love and happiness irrespective of our faith.

New User
Furgus11
0 Kudos

I, Jacob Pence, published a book several years ago called "Kids, Don't Try This at Home".  It can be be purchased at the Barnes and Noble store in Harrisonburg, VA, or Barnes and Noble.com, Amazon.com or as an e-book.  I have always had unusual experiences throughout my lifetime and have always been told I should write a book.  Finally, I got around to it.  My wife always tells me that I put the Pro in procrastinator. My book is about some of the funny experiences I have had through the years, starting from about five years of age up until a few years ago.  My book can be found under humour and I make people this offer:  if you don't laugh, you can get your money back.  I made one women wet her pants from laughing so hard and even big he-men have laughed so hard they cried. Men love the chapter where I tell about what should have been an excellent date night except I ate way too much chili earlier in the day.  You can figure out what happened.  I tell about a show and tell at elementary school that almost got me expelled.  I am a retired funeral director and I have devoted one entire chapter to my work experiences.  That chapter is called "We Put the Fun Back in Funeral".  There is also one chapter on my rat year experiences at VMI.  I had a lot of fun working on my book and have received lots of favorable comments on it. 

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Timothy Phillips: A Christian Novel 

This is a parallel novel to Times of Trouble and Times of Trial.

Can a nineteen year old stay true to the faith he was brought up on when he's under the spotlight?

Timothy Phillips dreams come true when he's discovered by the producer of a national talent show. So what's the problem? The recording contract is not in the Southern Gospel he would prefer to sing. As he begins recording and performing the music, he encounters increasing hostility towards Christians. Can he stay true to his faith, or will he end up compromising his beliefs little by little the more famous he becomes?

When his world comes crashing down, will he have anything left to help him stand as the end times approach?