Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Soul and Reincarnation: What Happens to Soul at the Time of Death

Soul and Reincarnation  

The views on soul and reincarnation vary from no such thing as a ‘soul’ to only humans possess a soul, to both humans and animals possess a soul, and that soul likewise dies when the physical body dies or that soul is immortal and never dies. All religions believe in the existence of SOUL in human body, but they differ in what happens after death. This manuscript searches for the truth. It provides alternate views using science and logic to questions that were perceived to be confusing and contradictory varying from faith to faith. We hope these will be more acceptable to our next generation of science and technology. It is written for those curious minds that like to explore the mystery of soul and reincarnation.

Dr. Dhillon has used the best of Eastern traditions and Western Scientific knowledge to expose the mystery of soul and reincarnation.

“There are many religions, but only
One Morality, One Truth, and One God.
The only Heaven is one of Conscious Life
And Fellowship with God.”

Contributor
RobertLCollins
0 Kudos

Re: science fiction short story

I now have a third science fiction short story for 99 cents at Smashwords. Stories (short story, 6700 words): Daniel and Tamara were supposed to be part of humanity’s effort to settle distant planets. Instead they spend their lives going forward in time, passing along news and entertaining colonists. They wonder if they’re making a difference. Then they come to a colony that’s taking a dark turn. Will their skills help or hurt their effort at change? First published in “Hadrosaur Tales,” Volume 6, 1999. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/71622
New User
MelissaLW
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it!

[ Edited ]

New User
Kspencer
0 Kudos

Hey Jon_B. Thanks for the opportunity to talk about my books.

Shimmerspell: A Faerie Tale Girl Novella, #1 ($.99)

When sixteen-year-old Jensen Meadows finds herself caught in the middle of an ancient faerie war, she soon learns that faeries aren't made of sparkly goodness. They're vicious. And worse, they're after her. With the help of Liam Casey, she delves into their world to find her missing sister and begins to suspect that her whole life has been nothing more than a faerie tale. But what if the truth is worse?

Limerick: A Faerie Tale Girl Novella, #2 ($.99)

Jensen hoped she’d never need Shimmerspell again. But now someone is stalking her, someone claiming to be the Lady of the Lake. To make matters worse, witches and dragons have come out to play. And Jensen must figure out how to harness her power and accept her destiny before she ends up losing everyone she loves.   

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: Horror - Ghost Story for Nook!

Hello!

I recently did some major revisions to my second ghost story novel. I hope that you will enjoy it!

The Wahl House Curse 

Peter Corbin was in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy suburban
community. A chance to transfer to a small town seemed to be what he and his
wife Sarah needed. They purchased an old house for a bargain price without much
regard for the troubled past. This proved to be something he would soon regret.
The restless ghosts quickly made their presence known. (about 59,000 words).
Third Edition - July 7, 2011.

Thank you,

John T. Gaffield

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Science, Religion & Spirituality

Science, Religion & Spirituality  

Science, Religion & Spirituality arrives at a time when youth is returning to a kind of religion where spirituality is on the rise. There is no longer value in articles with titles such as “Is God Dead?” Today we are using science to complement our spirituality. This new notion prompted the writing of this book that combines Eastern religious traditions and Western scientific knowledge to develop practical spirituality. This guide teaches how to observe the mind, to live in gratitude, and to discard expectations. The benefits of focusing on our spiritual-self include tranquility, increased production, a resurgence of vitality, mental clarity and joy of living. There is even a test to know your spirituality level. This book is not about creating a new religion, sect or movement, but in fact is about loving every religion.

There are books on god and religion, and on spirituality. But this is one book that presents reconciliation between science and god/religion. A rare blend that brings science and spirituality together which are generally treated as oil and water. "Science, Religion & Spirituality" (Similar to Human Genome leader Collin's belief) explains that Science and God can co-exist.

Truth cannot contradict itself. Truth from science and truth from God/Religion must eventually converge into one grand whole, a unified knowledge of the laws that govern our universe. Those who fight over superiority of one over the other are blinded by ignorance about both.

In the past, East has lived religiously-- that is one pole-- and because it has lived religiously it has not been able to produce good science. The West has lived scientifically, and because of its science it has lost track of spirituality. Now for the first time in this space age and internet: the earth is becoming one global village. This is the time when the reconciliation between science and religion can be seen, can be understood.

The author has an advanced degree in life sciences and molecular biology from the West, and a fascination with yoga, breathing, religion, and spirituality from the East, crafted out of studies at Yale University, U.S.A., and Punjab University, India. Therefore, he presents quite successfully: Eastern and Western synthesis of science, religion, and spirituality.

The book consists of nine chapters and each chapter starts with an appropriate quote by some famous spiritualist, divine personality, prophet, philosopher or by the author itself: Chapter 1, The Power of Spirituality; Chapter 2, Religious Practices and New Consciousness; Chapter 3, The Universal Divine Mind; Chapter 4, A Free Mind; Chapter 5, Spiritual Living I; Chapter 6, Spiritual Living II; Chapter 7, God and Spirit; Chapter 8, Evil–The Absence of Goodness; Chapter 9, Full Living. The chapters precede by ‘A Word’ of introduction, and are followed by ‘Test of Your spirituality Level,’ and References.

The book introduction starts with a popular quote by Albert Einstein: “Religion without science is blind. Science without religion is lame” However, Dr. Dhillon goes even further to prove reconciliation between science and religion.

There are 3 chapters that describe: How concept of god and spirituality help us coping with stress. These describe virtues such as surrender, forgiveness, prayer, positive thinking, and control over mind. There is information about relieving fear of death and disease, and creating a state of mind without fear. Concept of soul and reincarnation, evil, hell, and heaven are explained from both scientific and religious point of view. There is another chapter on: How our attitude and actions are related to pain and pleasure, love, friendship, and happiness. An understanding of science, religion, and spirituality will put us on a road to love and happiness irrespective of our faith.

New User
MysteryWriter7
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hello all!

My name is Shannon Bailey.  I am an author of contemporary/historical fiction with a bit of mystery and romance and always a twist!

1.)

Shadowbrook Manor   - A cont/hist/ghost tale. 

Rated WBD (Wholesome but Dark)

Samantha Morgan's husband had a secret.

One that was revealed only after his death.

One that left her more angry than heartbroken.

One that led her to the historic Mackinac Island in Michigan.

To a dark house with a dark past . . . And haunted by a dark ghost.

WARNING: Readers do not scour these pages for things that cause fear and fright. This is a tale of subtle ghostly happenings and romantic delight.

2.) 

The Haunted Hillerman House   - A cont/hist romance with a cozy mystery feel.

Rated WBD (Wholesome but DarK)

Secret messages. Family secrets. A Halloween night trip to the family crypt.

WARNING: Readers do not be fooled by the title of this book. It is not your typical horror story it is one with a hook. A complicated telling of love and romance, that led to murder from just one dance.

3.)

The Unwilling  - A dramatic romantic vampire saga.

RATED MSR (Mature Supernatural Romance)

Twin Brothers. Both Twins. One good. One evil . . . One woman.

4.) 

Her Knight With a Shining Star   - A n old-fashioned western romance.

Rated WBD (Wholesome but Dark)

U.S. Marshal arrived in New Castle Colorado on business, but stayed for the promise of a mere kiss from the beautiful Renee McCoy.

For additional information, trivia, photos and excerpts on these titles and my next project, please feel free to visit www.baileysbooksonline.net. Or follow me on twitter @MysteryWriter7

Thank you and happy reading!

SB

New User
Tabitha27
0 Kudos

My husband has an excellent book that is available for ebook and paperback. His book, Quotes for the Journey Through Life, is packed full of motivational, romance, friendship, leadership and family quotes. It has received several great reviews. Check it out. Quotes for the journey through life by Christopher Dyer
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing

The Power of Breathing  

This is one of the most powerful books on breathing. Chapter 5, for example, explains two sets of breathing exercises which takes you out of this world. This not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows.

The book teaches you breathing-based technique called the healing breath. It incorporates specific natural rhythms of breath to release stress and bring the mind to the present moment. The book also includes other breathing techniques, meditation, low-impact yoga, and skills for dealing effectively with challenging emotions and situations.

Several independent studies on mental and physical health benefits of the breathing are given along with source, which have been published in international peer-reviewed journals. The studies confirm that practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort in their own breathing, but find cures for common illnesses from heart disease and cancer to asthma.
The “Power of Breathing” is written to be enjoyed by people of all traditions, religions, and walks of life, in universities, churches, governments, businesses, prisons, war zones, community rooms, and living rooms. The book is complete in itself and is also a foundation of healthy living.

What is called “Sudarshan Kriya” by new age gurus is a cycle of breaths—long, medium and short. Not only breathing patterns influence our emotions, the breath is in the present and is used to "rope in the wandering mind" that oscillates wildly between the past and the future. Like Zen masters who teach that the present moment is a chink opening into eternity, this guide describes the use of breathing to rope the present that frees our mind from the past which is nothing but history and the future which is mystery.

You will learn:
* Practices that heal and harmonize the body, mind, and spirit
* Skills for handling negative emotions and situations
* Practical wisdom for improving work and relationships
* Insight into the laws that govern the mind and emotions
* Stretching and low-impact yoga combined with breathing for health, circulation, and body stillness

New User
aiasminor
0 Kudos

My first eBook is a post-apocalyptic scifi story. I wanted to post the very first review I got for my book from sfbook.com. 

"A war hero trying to leave his past behind finds himself using his skills to survive after the earth is ravaged by unknown forces. In the midst of this destruction anarchy reins and he finds himself raising an army to fight a war against a tyranical leader who will do anything in his power to control the population and lands around him.

Eventually it becomes clear that this skirmish is but a small part in a war that has been raging for hundreds of years and the key to understanding why the earth was destroyed may lie in understanding this war.

Right from the very beginning Code Name Atlas grabs your attention and doesn't let up to the very end. A gritty and realistic feel blends with a minimal use of science fiction elements to create a rich, believable and contemporary story of one soldiers struggle to keep his family alive.

The characters in the book are both emotive and easy to relate to, the dialog is both crisp and easy flowing with the story told from a first person perspective. There is a great sense of a small cog in a much larger machine here, much like HG Well's classic War of the Worlds or the recent film Cloverfield where the story is essentially told from the trenches and the bigger picture is occasionally hinted at until nearly the end of the book.

The quality of the descriptive narrative here is superb and really brings the story to life and the pace is spot on. It's just so easy to get hooked into the plot and swept away on the journey. The underplayed use of technology works very well and manages to aid the suspense while keeping the story very grounded in reality and when the reasons behind the destruction of the planet become known at the end of the novel it's all the more poignant.

Code Name Atlas is a very accomplished, spirited novel of depth and intelligence that grips you in a vice like hold from beginning to end. Highly recommended." 

Correspondent
kivvie
0 Kudos

I just posted a short story for free on smashwords ... it is titled The Smoking Cat. It is a funny look at a relationship disintegrating in the midst of trying to catch a stray cat. Any comments would be welcomed!

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

Art of Stress-free Living  

“Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach” is a practical guide that combines various stress treatment approaches that have been recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. This is the first book of its kind, combining ancient Eastern wisdom and modern Western scientific knowledge.

This guide can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers. You don’t need to go to an ashram in India or University “wellness” centers; because this book provides various relaxation techniques that you will be able to follow yourself.

What is called “Sudarshan Kriya” by new age gurus is a cycle of breaths—long, medium and short. Not only breathing patterns influence our emotions, the breath is in the present and is used to "rope in the wandering mind" that oscillates wildly between the past and the future. You will learn how the breath being in the present can be used to "rope in the wandering mind". Like Zen masters who teach that the present moment is a chink opening into eternity, this guide describes in detail “THE POWER OF NOW- ZEN BUDDHISM APPROACH.”

This guide also takes into account the positive (pre-distress/eustress) aspects of stress.

The introduction to “Art of Stress-free Living” starts with a quote by Dr. Redford Williams, Duke University: “Diet and exercise alone are like a two-legged stool. It's more stable with the third leg, stress management.” However, the author goes even further that for healthy heart stress management is even more important than weight control and lower cholesterol. Dr. Dhillon observes that his stressed friends who were not overweight, had normal cholesterol ended up with bypass surgery, whereas those who are overweight but with low stress level did not need bypass surgery so far (in their mid-sixties now). He provides various studies and statistics on “high cost of stress” in terms of health as well as wealth. The studies show sixty to 90 percent of all doctor visits involve stress-related complaints.

The book consists of six chapters each representing an independent topic: chapter 1, Mind-Body Connection; Chapter 2, Stress Management Approaches; Chapter 3, Mental Relaxation Approaches to Stress; Chapter 4, How Breathing Affects Stress; Chapter 5, The Value of Spiritual Living; Chapter 6, The Power of Now: Zen Buddhism Approach. The chapters precede by introduction, and are followed by Glossary, References, and Notes.

After establishing mind-body connection in chapter 1, the next chapters 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 cover various approaches to stress management. However, before dealing with purely stress-management approaches, author does discuss in chapter 2 various sources of stress and stress symptoms. This chapter also gives a graph where you can determine your stress-level.

In addition to common sense approaches to routine stress, under specific stress-management approaches are discussed “Medical Approaches” and “Non-Medical alternatives.” Nutritional approach, exercise, sleep, a change of routine, financial planning, and communication are among various other means of handling stress. The author introduces relaxation techniques to be followed in detail later in the next chapters.

Chapter 6 scientifically evaluates the Zen Buddhism approach to relieve stress. Enlightenment, emotion, psychological pain are included in this chapter. Dr. Dhillon, who is uniquely qualified to present a synthesis of Eastern and Western stress-management approaches, goes in detail about the power of now in this chapter. In this chapter, he also covers general suggestions based on Zen Buddhism

Frequent Contributor
Charles_Shea
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Kid book

The Shrunken Head Murders  Someone really hates lawyers and silences them for all eternity – The Shrunken Head Murders is available for 99 cents.

A mysterious vigilante begins executing a Defense Attorney’s acquitted clients – Defending Evil is also available for 99 cents.

I hope you’ll enjoy these twisted stories.

Charles Shea – Author of Defending Evil and The Shrunken Head Murders.

Contributor
GodsAgent
0 Kudos

I self-published my first book some time ago.  Walking Among the Dead: True Stories from a Homicide Detective went up on PubIt! in March of this year.  All though my book was met with some controversy, Red Willow Digital Press found my ebook, read it, and signed me on as one of there authors... :smileyvery-happy:

I wrote the book to bring attention to the victims of murders (who somehow become statistics at the end of the year) and to give honor to the men and women I worked with while serving as a homicide detective in Maryland.

I am currently editing book 2 (Standing In Deaths Shadow) and am writing the rough draft to book 3 (Death Comes Uninvited).

If you're a true crime fan, this book is right up your alley...

Walking Among the Dead  

Ken Lang
creating moments...
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Cigarette Smoking: What It’s Doing to Smokers and Nonsmokers

Cigarette Smoking  

The smokers who feel idiotic for developing a smoking habit in the first place, the thought of quitting may seem even harder to fathom. But take heart: “Cigarette Smoking: What It’s Doing to Smokers and Nonsmoker” discusses tobacco hazards to smokers and nonsmokers and the use of “Breathing Exercises” and other natural ways to stop smoking.

This guide has the tips, strategies and advice you need to give up cigarettes for good. Learn how to set goals, identify and break smoking habits, choose nicotine patches and medications, design a long-term health plan, find support networks and deal with withdrawal symptoms, weight gain, stress and depression-- without lighting up.

Words of warm encouragement are accompanied by multiple proven techniques to conquer the quitters' enemies. The material is presented succinctly, with good use of tables, and is referenced appropriately

Contributor
PhoebeMatthews
0 Kudos

I write three urban fantasy series, all novels, all time-consuming to write, and so between deadlines I do short stories. My first collection is Nine Horoscope in Catsup Stories, reprinting short stories that previously appeared in magazines and anthologies. This summer I decided to do another collection, this time mostly new material, several based on characters in the Mudflat series I write for BookStrand. My stories are mostly light urban fantasy. One or two are dark. Here's the latest collection. I buy a lot of short story collections for my nook because I find them easy to read when I have a few minutes free.

Steampunk Man and More  .

Contributor
jascribbles
0 Kudos

Off Leash  

I've recently published my second novella.

It is a fun, quick read for only $0.99.

Here is the blurb. Enjoy!

Candice Gunderson and her purebred pooch, Phoebe, are driving through the Indiana countryside on their way to an appointment with a dog breeder. If all goes as planned, the “meeting” with Charles the Conqueror will result in a lovely litter of puppies.

Unfortunately, Candice is hopelessly lost, the GPS in her car has gone haywire, and she needs to find a bathroom in the worst way. The pair pulls up alongside a little house in hopes of finding some helpful inhabitants.

What she finds is Bull Ramsey, a cute farmer, and his mutt, Jack, who is more than happy to have a “meeting” of his own with Phoebe.

Candice is determined to maintain control of the situation and prove she is an independent woman.  A few unexpected events and mischievous farm animals won’t interfere with her plans. She can handle this, right? 

Frequent Contributor
Chicki663
0 Kudos

If you’re looking for a great weekend read …  check out any of my three books!

HAVE YOU SEEN HER? - A woman gives up her status and fortune for freedom and real love. A $2.99 at http://bit.ly/ieinMA

HOT FUN IN THE SUMMERTIME - Four women, three men & one beach house. Romance, friendship and drama! Only 99 cents at http://bit.ly/k4Z172

HOLLYWOOD SWINGING (the sequel to HOT FUN) - What does a woman do when she discovers another woman is obsessed with her husband? $2.99. http://bit.ly/kx0ihv

Thanks, and have a fantastic weekend!

Chicki Brown

Frequent Contributor
SorrowHeart
0 Kudos

Lies the Heart Tells

by Jenna Storm

Contemporary Romance - 165,000 words

Hired by newspaper owner Laura Danilov to run a project aimed at reintroducing wolves into the wilds of Montana, Drew Allison has had little success signing on local ranchers to her cause. Instead, the ranch where she’s headquartered has suffered a string of malicious pranks she suspects is aimed at shutting her project down. When Mackenzie Sawyer falls out of a tree and into a job taking care of the ranch, Drew thinks her luck has changed for the better.

Things soon go from bad to worse, however, and Drew realizes nothing is as it seems – especially Mackenzie Sawyer.

When her quest for answers turns up a most unexpected one, she isn’t sure what to believe. She must then decide whether to listen to reason or to follow her heart as she attempts to discover what lies the heart tells and why.

~ Previously published by All Romance Books.

Frequent Contributor
tgibbs
0 Kudos

Island of Secrets  

I have a new book coming out soon so ISLAND OF SECRETS has just been reduced to ($0.99) for a limited time to help celebrate the upcoming release of THE COUNTERFEIT.

Island of Secrets TIME TRAVEL, GOTHIC, ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

What if you received a note of warning dated hundreds of years before you were born? What if it was addressed to you?

A Time Travel-

A Love Story filled with Suspense-

A Mystery that will keep you guessing til the end...

On An Island of Secrets
One woman, two men and a love that transcends time get a second chance to prevent history from repeating itself. But will love be enough to win the battle against time and stop the force that's kept them apart for centuries?

Tammie Clarke Gibbs
Author

ISLAND OF SECRETS
A Time Travel
A Love Story filled with Suspense
A Mystery that will keep you guessing til the end...

COUNTERFEIT KISSES
He's undercover, she's on a quest for revenge...
Historical Romantic Suspense

8 Hours to Jump Start Your Career: A Step-by-Step Guide for Self-Published Authors
Forget about spending 8 hours a day promoting your books...