Earth Is Like, So Doomed!  

Beware of these levels:
███████ Science
█████░░ Humor
█████░░ Evil
██████░ Bad Jokes
██████░ Devious grownups getting what they've got coming
███████ Other grownups disrespecting the magnificent teenage brain

Jasper Biggs is the egghead son of egghead parents. He lives in a town full of dweeb scientists the government has kept in seclusion for several generations, nurturing and crossbreeding them for military purposes. Brainville's adult softball leagues, and most school sports teams, are a complete joke.

The strange thing - these communities really exist. They sprang up around Roswell and Area 51 back when we discovered that teenage alien joyriders were out causing trouble and crashing their dad’s flying saucers in our deserts.

The bad news - the Directorate, which controls these research towns - has discovered a comet on a collision course with the United States. Will this mean the end of civilization? Will the young heroes outwit their robot foster-parents and creepy men-in-black to save the planet?

When Jasper's parents disappear, he gets stuck with Papatron, a bizarre collection of abrasive circuits, moral inconsistencies, and his father's illogical ways.

But something's freaky about this whole "End of the World" scenario. Will his magnificent mind decipher the clues and help him lead his ragtag group of science junkies to the truth? Or, will that enchanting girl from the next town over - the one who can paralyze him with a single glance - turn out to be radioactive, or maybe a witch?

"I couldn't put it down!" said one reviewer who had a bad super-glue accident while reading it.

"Finally, a book where humans are attracted to other humans!" said someone who has actually kissed a vampire and didn't like the taste of dead flesh.

"When will this author write another book for me to anonymously praise?" asked Sally Higgins, age 13, from Oklahoma. (I'll do it on Tuesday, OK?)

Max Cool is a writer whose brain is so far ahead of its time that science cannot safely contain the negative effects and run on sentences.

HIS LAIR: http://maxcool.info 

Earth is Like, So Doomed, now on sale for the Nook
New User
matthewrmiller
0 Kudos

SHADOW OF THE MASTER

SHADOW OF THE MASTER  

My name is Matthew Miller. I have recently published my first short novel, SHADOW OF THE MASTER for both the Nook and Kindle platforms. The book is a collaborative effort with my late mother. She had written a "framework" manuscript about 30 years ago, shopped it around briefly to publishers and, getting no bites, packed it up. The manuscript had lain dormant for a number of years. My mom passed away in 2009 and, in the aftermath, I remembered SHADOW.

I asked my dad if he knew where the manuscript might be. He was able to find it and I asked him if he had any objections if I took a stab at revising, updating, and reworking it and going the self-publishing route. He was thrilled with the idea so I went forward with it.

SHADOW went live on both platforms on Sunday. It is a short novel that provides a new perspective on the life and ministry of Jesus Christ as viewed through the eyes of a "thirteenth disciple": a stray dog that decides to accompany Jesus on his journeys after He shows him kindness. It is an exciting, Biblically-based story that is written to appeal to readers of all ages.

I am also hard at work on my first full-length novel, STILL SMALL VOICE, which I anticipate completing and publishing in spring 2012.

I live in Atlanta with my wife and son. Check out my website and follow me on Twitter.

Contributor
sgraffwriter
0 Kudos

TEENAGE LOVERS IN A DYING WORLD

RIVER DAWN:  Young Alice Page finds herself falling in love with Daniel, the mysterious passenger her father rescued from a flooded river.  Mr. Page is on a mission to search for signs of life in a dying world. But now they find themselves hunted by the shadowy forces that tried to kill Daniel.  RIVER DAWN is a dystopian adventure now on sale for 99c.

RIVER DAWN, a novel by Stephen Graff  

New User
SaltRun
0 Kudos

SALT RUN - St. Augustine, Florida Based Novel

Salt Run  

A romp through the historic streets of Saint Augustine, Florida. This fast-paced book never stops entertaining. A chaotic cast of characters and situations combine with both the intellectual and seedy side of the nation's oldest city make this novel a great beach read. Pack this right along with your sunscreen as Gallen keeps handing you plot lines that keep you guessing and laughing at the same time. Screwball characters, fast-paced dialogue and memorable absurdities make this dark comedy of errors a great read.Luke Fisher surfs by morning and attends classes at Flagler College by day. He passes out at the ghastly sight of what he finds on the beach one morning, and quickly becomes the prime suspect in a crime that rocks the college and the small town community of St. Augustine, Florida.When former Maine state judge Rick Derlax's "do the crime, do the time" philosophy catches up with him, he escapes to the small coastal town to begin a new career as a professor. "The Judge" has a passion for teaching justice at all costs, but instead is handed his own sentence in a "crime against humanity."Salvador Deaz, a released convict who is frustrated by his small-time drug trafficking, finds himself dealing with a madcap cast of characters that only the backdrop of northern Florida culture can provide.Gallen keeps handing you plot lines that keep you guessing and laughing at the same time. Colorful characters, fast-paced dialogue and memorable absurdities...

Contributor
Maranda_Russell
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it!

In Memory of Dad  If any of you are looking for inspirational or meaningful books for children or young adults, please consider my ebook!  It is only 99 cents, but has gotten great reviews, including recommendations from children's counselors and therapists.  This book is one that anyone who has lost a loved one can relate to.  Even adults have said they loved the story and were deeply touched by it.

Contributor
Maranda_Russell
0 Kudos

Weezie, the Elephant with Allergies 

About the book: Weezie is an elephant with an unusual problem. He is sick of living in an orphanage, but how will he ever get adopted when he leaves every visitor in a puddle of snot?

This lightly illustrated short story is perfect for children ages 5-11. They will love the gross aspect of it, but will also learn an important lesson about acceptance and true friendship. 

Available now for only $1.99 a download!  Already getting great reviews on Amazon and Smashwords!

Contributor
diddleydoodle
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am A.D. Duling author of Anna Kippling Series Book One-The key, Book Two- The tokens & One of Them

Blurp from One of Them---my new release

Vampires & Werewolves....we know about them, read about them....but do they
really exist?
Evie Patterson has found out they really do. Now caught
between a sticky situation of Vampire vs. Werewolf, Evie must decide which side
she will join before she will become one of them...

link to my books:http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Anna-Kippling?keyword=Anna+Kippling&store=ebook

First book is available, the other two should be up within the next two days....check out my site to learn more about my books!

Get to know me @ www.adduling .com

Thankyou!

A.D. Duling
Contributor
sgraffwriter
0 Kudos

A TEENAGE GIRL IN A DYING WORLD

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: Are you the author of an eBook? Tell us about it! - Alone Again

Thank you,

John

New User
TomMorgan
0 Kudos

Aporia by Tom Morgan

A monologue from the standpoint of a young man suffering from mental illness, spiritual confusion, and demonic possession who has been reduced to living in a nursing home. Hear his account of his daily life and his thoughts on life, philosophy, theology, mysticism, and why human beings often find corruption beautiful. Around 17750 words.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/aporia-tom-morgan/1106185035?ean=2940013363885&itm=1&usri=aporia

I wrote the book so that depending upon the personality, views, and moral temperament of the reader, the man's ideas may elict either interest, pity, derision, or sadistic ironic pleasure. People with different views and religious backgrounds will have different reactions, for sure.

Contributor
ikon
0 Kudos

1923  $1.19

It's a personal as well as a social history. Smith has the knack of bringing the times to life in a way that few writers can manage. It's the ability to tell a story, the knowledge of when to move on & not labour a point.
--The Bookbag

1923 is a book that succeeds in two ways with ease, both as a personal memoir of a life lived in a volatile age and as a record of that age for all time. --The Current Reader

"1923" is uplifting and highly recommended.  --Midwest Book Review

1923: A Memoir is a protest against social injustice, corruption, war, famine, poverty, and societies blinded by greed. More importantly, it is the story of hope and the notion that anything can be overcome if desired.  --The Publishing Guru

P

To say that Harry Smith was born under an unlucky star would be an understatement. Born in England in 1923, Smith chronicles the tragic story of his early life in this first volume of his memoirs. He presents his family’s early history—their misfortunes and their experiences of enduring betrayal, inhumane poverty, infidelity, and abandonment. 

1923: A Memoir presents the story of a life lyrically described, capturing a time both before and during World War II when personal survival was dependent upon luck and guile. During this time, failure insured either a trip to the workhouse or burial in a common grave. Brutally honest, Smith’s story plummets to the depths of tragedy and flies up to the summit of mirth and wonder, portraying real people in an uncompromising, unflinching voice. 

1923: A Memoir tells of a time and place when life, full of raw emotion, was never so real.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A Simple Solution to America's Weight Problem: Banish Belly and Lose Weight in Just 5 Minutes a Day

A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AMERICA’S WEIGHT PROBLEM  

With all the knowledge and experience of doing research and publishing 12 health-related books, I must admit that I have maintained proper weight. However, I could not reduce even 5 pounds naturally till I tried what I don’t hesitate to call a miracle technique for reducing belly and losing weight. The most effective among any method I have tested or written about weight loss. It can be done anywhere, anytime and requires no special equipment. And this is not even any diet or vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting.

The book is divided in three parts. Part one is about diet concept using the best of eastern traditions and western scientific knowledge. However, the traditional dieting approaches, in general, have not worked, and the number of over-weight young and old have gone up. We suggest you read this useful information. But may quickly go through this part if not have time or not interested in dietary aspect. Part two is actual technique that needs to be understood as thoroughly as possible. Part three describes the science behind the technique and technicalities. The reader is suggested to read part three primarily to understand the theory and to master the technique. If not interested in theory or don’t have time, you may again quickly go through part three. But we highly recommend you read it.

Finally remember “your body is a temple of the soul and the holy spirit, a gift from God.” Consider every day what you can do to Care for the Temple. With child obesity rates at national health emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

Contributor
newfern
0 Kudos

My short story is less than 8000 words long, but it does have a 5 star review on that other bookseller's site. :smileywink:

Description

Stacey thought she had to look outside of her marriage for a dominant man to satisfy her needs, not realizing that her own gentle spouse is an alpha male waiting to be released. Her frustrations come to a head when she is caught out, betrayed by her own adventurous lust. 

Adam has fought his own desires for years, not realizing that his delicate wife could use a little man-handling. He struggled to be the perfect husband only to find that what he thought was perfect was sexually lacking for his woman. A chance introduction to the BDSM world exposes their darkest desires to each other.

About the Author

Fern Jardín was born in 1977 in Long Beach, CA, to native Texans and grew up wandering the United States. An avid blogger, Fern maintains vehemently that all her works are pure fiction.

http://fernjardin.wordpress.com

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/and-obey-fern-jard-iacute-n/1106234388

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

THE NECROMANCER - Paranormal in Hawaii

The Necromancer 

Michelle was brutally attacked in her locked hotel room.  The police didn't believe her and thought she had invited a man to her room for a little sexual encounter, which went dangerously out of control.  She decides an affair with the devilishly handsome man who moved into her building might cure her of the panic attacks.  How can she know she picked the wrong man.  A man known as the Necromancer... 

The cast includes some beautiful witches, a professor of the occult, a woman in jeopardy from a wickedly handsome Necromancer and a feline familiar named Lucifer.

Complete novel is 470 pages and only $.99 cents. 

New User
RogerWeston
0 Kudos

The Assassin's Wife

Meg Coles is on the run from the same assassins who killed her husband.  As she adapts to this unpleasant situation, she remembers things about her late husband that she had overlooked at the time, things that now take on new meaning.  As dark forces pursue her, she remembers her late husband’s advice and adopts his habits and find they keep her alive.  She finds herself to be more skillful in the game of deception and survival than she the could have ever anticipated.  But as she seeks justice and the truth of her husband’s death, she finds that the danger is increasing, and time is running out. 

Frequent Contributor
UntreedReads
0 Kudos

New Romance Short From Betsy Miller: EQUILIBRIUM

Equilibrium  

About Equilibrium:

Worn out at the end of an ordinary day, Emily stops at a roadside diner, where she meets Jim, a sensitive man who intuitively understands her. Can she move beyond the pain of her broken marriage and rediscover the simple pleasures in life over a bowl of soup?

A short story from our Candlelight romance line.

About Author Betsy Miller:

Betsy Miller writes short stories and nonfiction, and is working on her first novel. Her published short stories include Grandma’s House, and The Piñata Moon. Miller is the author of the nonfiction books The Parents’ Guide to Clubfoot and The Parents’ Guide to Hip Dysplasia. She lives in Cupertino, California, with her husband and their two daughters, where she writes for high-tech companies.

http://www.untreedreads.com
http://www.facebook.com/UntreedReads
twitter.com/UntreedReads
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6507877-untreed-reads
Contributor
bryanwalaspa
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually, yes!  I am the author of several books that are available for Nook fans.  However, my most recent book is a horror novel - a ghost story, just in time for Halloween.  I just published it this week and, so far, you Nook folks have really taken to it and I cannot thank you enough!  Oh, and it's only 99 cents right now!

Here's the official "blurb" for it:

Warren Hollis is a seasoned true crime writer. He likes to submerge himself in the local culture when he writes, so he packs his essentials and heads to Knorr, Pennsylvania. It's a tiny town in western PA, the kind of town most people on their way to Pittsburgh or New York would drive right past. It's a town full of friendly, smiling people, but it hides a dark past.

Years ago a man began sneaking into the bedrooms of young girls and taking them under the cover of night. Days later, a grisly calling card would be left for the families to find. He became known as "The Boogeyman" and the rural town of Knorr, and the surrounding communities, have done all they can to forget those terrible days when no one was safe, not even when nestled into their own beds.

Warren arrives and starts asking questions. He stays in a small cabin just outside of town. It's a nice place, exactly what he's looking for. There's just one strange thing: a big, heavy black phone at the top of the stairs. It's not connected to anything. The phone is just a decorative hold-over from the party line days. Something about it disturbs Warren, the way something about Knorr disturbs him, as well. Someone is hiding something about "The Boogeyman."

Then the killing starts again.

And, in the middle of the night, a phone that should never be able to ring - begins to do just that...

And here's the link to it:  THE DEAD PHONE!

In the middle of the night, a phone that should never ring, begins to do just that... Then the terror begins. The Dead Phone - just 99 cents
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1106860658?ean=2940013292741&itm=1&usri=alaspa
Contributor
ColinLalley
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My first novella!  For fans of light, humorous fantasy in the vein of "The Princess Bride".

Ellis was born in the small village of Barstone and lived in Barstone and, he feared, would die in Barstone. No one ever left and nothing ever happened - except for the Festival of the Eclipse. Twice a year the citizens of Barstone gathered to watch the Sun and the Moon come together, and there were games and feasts and cheers. This year was no different...until the Sun and the Moon disappeared. Now Ellis must protect the secret of the Eclipse from Barstone and embark on a storybook adventure to restore the Sun and the Moon to their rightful place before more devious forces have their way with them.
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing

[ Edited ]

The Power of Breathing  

The Power of Breathing

Category:Non-fiction » Health and Well Being  » Family health
Words: 72396 (approximate)
Language: English

Ebook Short Description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Frequent Contributor
UntreedReads
0 Kudos

The Obsession by Jacquelynn Luben

The Obsession

A young man enters a luxury flat from the window – with one objective – to steal what he can from the unknown occupant. But Andrew is not a conventional small-time criminal, and as he prepares to leave, he sees something that makes him pause; he is drawn to a beautiful piano. Andrew cannot resist sitting down to play the instrument, and another life – the one he has abandoned – comes back to him.

About Author Jacquelynn Luben:

Jacquelynn Luben lives in England, in the house which she and her husband built, in a pretty village in rural Surrey, which she describes in her autobiography, The Fruit of the Tree. Her son and daughter have now fled the nest.She is the author of two non-fiction books, many short stories, articles, poetry and two novels.

She has written for various magazines, and also gives occasional talks to Surrey groups on self-publishing and publicity. Her story, Damaged Goods was broadcast on Radio Southern Counties (and will be released as an ebook by Untreed Reads in 2011), and many of her other short stories have met with success – at the Guildford Book Festival, locally – and at competitions throughout the UK.

Jacquelynn’s first longer work of fiction, A Bottle of Plonk was published in the UK by Goldenford Publishers, and subsequently brought out by Virtual Tales as an e-book, entitled Have Wine, Will Travel. Her novel, Tainted Tree, was placed second in the Winchester Writers’ Conference novel competition, 2007, prior to publication by Goldenford Publishers, and was featured in Family Tree Magazine in December 2009. She published her first short with Untreed Reads, Maggies Plot, in 2010 and followed that up with An Affair of the Mind  in 2011.

http://www.facebook.com/UntreedReads
twitter.com/UntreedReads
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6507877-untreed-reads