Contributor
jmory
0 Kudos

Barnes and Noble MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL

I received a letter from B&N telling me that my membership was due for renewal in January. I went into my B&N account to see if I could cancel it from there and imagine my surprise when I find $25.00 in my shopping cart for the card renewal. I promptly removed it and did a print screen to show it was empty. I ASSumed that that would be the end of it. Boy was I wrong. On January 7th Barnes and Noble removed $27.00 from my bank account without my permission. I have been trying to get them to give my money back for over a month now without any luck.

Today I called my bank and reported the fraudulent withdrawal of funds and in the morning I am contacting the Attorney Generals Office to file a complaint. WATCH YOUR SHOPPONG CART CLOSELY!!!

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Re: Barnes and Noble MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL

If you have your account set up for automatic renewal, removing it from the cart is not going to cancel that. You have to go into your account to manage membership and change it from automatic renewal.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,868

Re: Barnes and Noble MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL

You have no legal case against BN for auto-renewal - you signed an agreement allowing them to do so when you bought the Membership - so the AG isn't going to help you.

You need to call BN Membership support at 1-866-238-READ.