Contributor
apesmom

Re: Best Nookbook Bargains

One more HarperCollins

A Well Favored Gentleman (Well Pleasured Series #2)   

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Thanks to apesmom for pointing out the additional new titles from St. Martin's Press. I definitely had to start a new fiction list -- Best Fiction NB Bargains (third list)!  There are three new sale titles from Tom Doherty (Tor) as well.

cheers,

Kirsty

:smileyhappy:

Contributor
PhoebeMatthews
0 Kudos

Re: Best Nookbook bargains

f I am not sure If this is the right place for authors, so if not, please accept my apology. However, there is just one week left to get the first book in the Sunspinner series, Demonspell, for 99 cents and then the price goes back to 2.99. The publisher put it on a 99c special for one month to announce the release of the second book in the Sunspinner series, Demonhold. This is urban fantasy.

Demonspell  I write three urban fantasy series, one about magic, one about vampires, and Sunspinners, which is about a family of immortals living in Seattle and currently plagued by demons.

Frequent Contributor
MichaelWallace23
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Junger rec, that was a great bargain for one of my favorite writers. I already had TPS in paperback, but for that price I couldn't resist.

Frequent Contributor
Zion21
0 Kudos

Such good deals here. I am going to buy a bunch of 99c books to keep my occupied this summer!

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Hi, everyone!  Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.

There was a changeover of sale titles from Hachette Book Group USA today.  We lost over 2 dozen ebooks off the various bargain lists, but gained over a dozen new titles from Grand Central Publishing, Little Brown & Company, FaithWords, and Orbit.  I was pleased to see several of my own personal wish list titles were among the new group!

Since tomorrow is the first of the month, I expect more changes will be happening soon.  Happy reading to all!

cheers,

Kirsty

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Wooee!!! Love the first of the month. Several new freebies today, and all kinds of new sale titles -- historical fiction, chick lit, teen fiction, and more.  My lists are overflowing!

cheers,

Kirsty

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

KirstyHaining, many thanks again for keeping up this list! I just found some books I might have missed if I hadn't checked the list.

Frequent Contributor
crazylilcuban
0 Kudos

KirstyHaining wrote:

Wooee!!! Love the first of the month. Several new freebies today, and all kinds of new sale titles -- historical fiction, chick lit, teen fiction, and more.  My lists are overflowing!

cheers,

Kirsty

I think a ton of the new sale ones are a price match response to Amazon's Kindle Sunshine Deals sale -- a ton of $0.99, $1.99, and $2.99 books. I definitely grabbed several on my Nook! :smileyhappy: It looks like not all of them have been price-matched though; two of the ones I saw on the Kindle sale are still full price for Nook. :smileysad: Does anyone know if B&N automatically matches stuff like this or if there's somewhere to ask about it?

And keep up the fantastic work Kirsty! I've bought tons of ebooks off your lists. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
writemommy

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your always helpful list!! 

I wanted to mention that this book is only $1.99. It has been on my wishlist for awhile now, so I was so happy to find it marked down! Apoligies if I missed it in your lists!

Death of a Cozy Writer  

Winner of the 2008 Agatha Award for Best First Novel From deep in the heart of his eighteenth century English manor, millionaire Sir Adrian Beauclerk-Fisk writes mystery novels and torments his four spoiled children with threats of disinheritance. Tiring of this device, the portly patriarch decides to weave a malicious twist into his well-worn plot. Gathering them all together for a family dinner, he announces his latest blow – a secret elopement with the beautiful Violet... who was once suspected of murdering her husband.Within hours, eldest son and appointed heir Ruthven is found cleaved to death by a medieval mace. Since Ruthven is generally hated, no one seems too surprised or upset – least of all his cold-blooded wife Lillian. When Detective Chief Inspector St. Just is brought in to investigate, he meets with a deadly calm that goes beyond the usual English reserve. And soon Sir Adrian himself is found slumped over his writing desk – an ornate knife thrust into his heart. Trapped amid leering gargoyles and stone walls, every member of the family is a likely suspect. Using a little Cornish brusqueness and brawn, can St. Just find the killer before the next-in-line to the family fortune ends up dead?Death of a Cozy Writer was chosen by Kirkus Reviews as a Best Book of 2008, nominated for a Left Coast Crime award (the Hawaii Five-O for best police procedural), short-listed for the Macavity Award...
Inspired Contributor
asnow4sure
0 Kudos

Thanks Kristy!!!!!

With all of the free books out today I'm probably insane to buy anything but I could not pass up three of the ones you had on your list. I'm sure the prices will go back up soon. I've passed some of your info on to my FB friends so they can share in the deals too.

I couldn't support my book addiction without your list...LOL

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Hi, everyone!

If you checked my bargain lists yesterday or the day before, you might want to check them again.

Baker Publishing Group (religious publishers) lost all their discounted eBooks yesterday, but they're back again today. Many of the discounted fiction eBooks were freebies in the past year, but if you're new to nook then you might not have these (and they're great prices). 

There are still some great new choices as well.  I had to snap up Son of Hamas  since it had been on my wishlist for some time now.

There are also a few new additions from St. Martin's Press, one from Tom Doherty (Tor), and one young adult offering from Farrar Straus & Giroux.

cheers,

Kirsty

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

Still Life With Murder  

I'd like to suggest Still Life with Murder.  I just finished it, and it's fantastic.  The amount of reasearch she went to is amazing and the story is wonderful.  Pam

all on sale now for $.99 cents

The Necromancer      Paranormal, scary fun

The Living Image       Thriller - clones spies

Midnight Reflections  Romantic Suspense and murder

Inspired Contributor
moemac
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion; I just picked it up. Ever since moving to Boston, I have been wanting to read books that take place here.

"Don't parse the blurb"
Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Hi, everyone!

HarperCollins has joined the eBook sale going on right. There were so many new sale titles I had to create yet another essential list (and it's almost full, too).  If only I had a little more money to snap up some of these titles -- I'm already overbudget this month as it it is!

I'm in the process of reorganizing my lists to be a bit more topical. You'll see links for those on the upper left corner of the essential lists page, but they're not finished yet.  Feel free to check them out, though...

cheers,

Kirsty

javabird
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for reorganizing these lists. They are now so much easier to peruse. Your lists continue to be one of my "must visit" places daily.

Inspired Contributor
DrDetroit
0 Kudos

Just bumping this post, as Kirsty's list contain some of the best bargains to be had!

Thanks again for your dedication, it's GREATLY appreciated! :-)

Contributor
ken_j

[ Edited ]

I don't know how long this will last at this price, but If you have a strong stomach it's an excellent read.

Infected  

javabird
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Black Echo (Harry Bosch Series #1)  

For LAPD homicide cop Harry Bosch -- hero, maverick, nighthawk -- the body in the drainpipe at Mulholland Dam is more than another anonymous statistic. This one is personal.

The dead man, Billy Meadows, was a fellow Vietnam "tunnel rat" who fought side by side with him in a nightmare underground war that brought them to the depths of hell. Now, Bosch is about to relive the horror of Nam. From a dangerous maze of blind alleys to a daring criminal heist beneath the city to the tortuous link that must be uncovered, his survival instincts will once again be tested to their limit.

Joining with an enigmatic and seductive female FBI agent, pitted against enemies inside his own department, Bosch must make the agonizing choice between justice and vengeance, as he tracks down a killer whose true face will shock him.

This one is only 0.99 today - don't know how long that will last!

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Hi, everyone!

I haven't posted much recently (I am on vacation, after all), but I've still been maintaining my lists (more or less). July 1st brought not only first-of-the-month changes, but half yearly ones as well.  My bargain lists were decimated with the half-yearly changes as well as the end of the June summer sale.  Some of the ones that dropped off at the half-year mark may show up again down the line (the same thing happened when January 1st hit and I did see some of those more long-term bargains show up later).

HarperCollins has continued to offer some sale eBooks, and the other publishers have also had a few here and a few there. I was very pleased to see a few Newbery Medal winners among some of the recent sale children's eBooks from HarperCollins (check out my children's only list by looking for the topical lists on the upper left side of the essential list page).

Happy reading everyone!

cheers,

Kirsty