Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Best Nookbook bargains

Here's my list of some of the best bargains around for nook lovers. Many of these titles are not promoted anywhere on the B&N website. Happy reading (and shopping)!

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/Best-Nookbook-Bargains-KirstyHaining/el/16550169/

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

Re: Best Nookbook bargains

Have you read any of them?

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS

Nice list.

Here is another trick I learned, when looking for bargains.  Do a serach for books under $10 and then look at the URL and change the PRC=10 to PRC=5 to have it search for books under $5.

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013

SlaughterS wrote:

Here is another trick I learned, when looking for bargains.  Do a serach for books under $10 and then look at the URL and change the PRC=10 to PRC=5 to have it search for books under $5.

Or click the "NOOKbooks Under $5" link on the NOOKbooks page, also called the "NOOKbook Deals" in the NOOKbook drop-down menu: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/eBook-Deals-eBook-Offers/379001679

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have read a number of these authors myself (although not necesssarily these specific books), and I'm familiar with most of the other authors.  When you do a general search by price, the results are too often cluttered by mutliple PubIt versions of public domain titles.  My interest is in books currently in print, by authors published by the major publishing houses.  If I can snap up an author I've heard about (or who has made me curious for one reason or another) for just a couple of bucks, I think that's a great deal.  (Although, yes, I use the library too.)  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Melissa89
0 Kudos

Great list! There are a lot of books on there that I haven't seen in my searches that look like great reads (especially for the price!). Thanks for sharing!

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa
0 Kudos

Nice work, Kirsty.  Saw several things I want to buy there.

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:
Or click the "NOOKbooks Under $5" link on the NOOKbooks page, ..

Not the same list of books.  Example - here is a list of all Fiction books for under $5 sorted by price.

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?CAT=804729&FMT=EP&PRC=-5&STORE=EBOOK&SZE...

It's a sortable list and you can also refine the search by clicking on a subject link in the left hand column.

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Contributor
Susan_A
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the list, Kirsty! I've just downloaded several of your suggestions.

Frequent Contributor
nightowlin
0 Kudos

Thanks Kirsty,

I picked up 4 books at great prices!

Jeanne

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Glad that some of you have found the list helpful.  There are certainly some great deals on there!

For me, the list is partly a wish list, and partly a list of some of the titles I've already snagged for my own digital library. (Yes, I've managed to fill my eWishList to capacity, so I've recently started exploring using some of the Essentials lists. :smileyhappy:)

Ever since I've got my nook last Christmas, I've paid attention to the the books that are offered free for a limited time only.  The publishers want to introduce you to an author or a series and will frequently make the first in the series free for maybe a month or two.  (Witness "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon now -- one of my very favorite authors, now free for a limited time.) 

But I only recently realized that there's also promotional pricing for limited time periods -- a few days, a week or two, or maybe even a month when the ebook's price drops way down.  And while some of these get featured in the Big Nookbook Deals / Steals 'n Deals promotion, they only put up 5 pages for that promotion and it turns out that that's only a fraction of the titles being offered at temporarily lower prices.  So I've gotten better at searching for these other bargains and that's partly how this particular list was born.

cheers,

Kirsty

:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
bluedaze
0 Kudos

I found the Paul Auster one - The Brooklyn Follies- the other day.  I read it in two sittings.  It's fantastic!

Kristy, thanks for taking the time to put this list together.  Even though I'm online searching for deals every few days, there were several I had missed. 

Contributor
scoozi
0 Kudos

Outlander has me hooked! I'm on the 3rd book in the series, Voyager, & can hardly put my nook down.

Reader
kaysmom
0 Kudos

I am new to the nook discussions. I have had my nook since October. I love it and have read a lot more books since getting it. I was curious if anybody has tried any of the books from Amanda Hocking? I started reading some of her first book over the summer and every since then I have been hooked. I have now read all of the books she has pubished and they were all great. They are all under $5 too. You should look her up and see if it is anything that might interest you.

Kristina

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

KirstyHaining wrote:

Here's my list of some of the best bargains around for nook lovers. Many of these titles are not promoted anywhere on the B&N website. Happy reading (and shopping)!

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/Best-Nookbook-Bargains-KirstyHaining/el/16550169/

Thanks KirstyHaining for the link to your EssentiaLists :smileyhappy:

I saw Dead Girls Are Easy & A Perfect Darkness on the list and decided to get them

:smileytongue:

Dead Girls Are Easy

A Perfect Darkness

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

kaysmom wrote:

I am new to the nook discussions. I have had my nook since October. I love it and have read a lot more books since getting it. I was curious if anybody has tried any of the books from Amanda Hocking? I started reading some of her first book over the summer and every since then I have been hooked. I have now read all of the books she has pubished and they were all great. They are all under $5 too. You should look her up and see if it is anything that might interest you.

Kristina

I read Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking about a week ago and really enjoyed it. And I just found out Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2) was available to buy :smileysurprised: so now I need to read it.  :smileyhappy:

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2)

I also have My Blood Approves but I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. :smileysad:

My Blood Approves

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Thank you for this thread!

I now need to go purchase :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
alegremama
0 Kudos

Just bought all 3.

thanks!

:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
WriterGurl1
0 Kudos

Thanks Kirsty! I just downloaded Frosted Murder...looks like a fun read.

If anyone's interested, my own book is for sale here (ebook) for $2.99.

An Unexpected Obsession 

It's a light, contemporary romance read. Not for YA, solid R rating.

A few others I've finished recently are:

Not What She Seems 

Crush 

Both were good reads and definitely worth the price! .99 for Not What She Seems and Crush was a freebie! 

There is nothing better than getting lost in a great book!
If you enjoy romance, be sure to check out my novels:

An Unexpected Obsession  

A Dose of Reality

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

WriterGurl1 wrote:

Thanks Kirsty! I just downloaded Frosted Murder...looks like a fun read.

If anyone's interested, my own book is for sale here (ebook) for $2.99.

An Unexpected Obsession 

It's a light, contemporary romance read. Not for YA, solid R rating.

A few others I've finished recently are:

Not What She Seems 

Crush 

Both were good reads and definitely worth the price! .99 for Not What She Seems and Crush was a freebie! 

I'm reading An Unexpected Obsession right now and its been a great book so far. :smileyhappy:

I also have Not What She Seems but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.