Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Re: Best Nookbook bargains

Fabulous list! You've found some great ones! Several of those I've read and loved! You've got me wanting to do a new search for more.  I've marked a bunch of yours for purchase.  Keep up your great list!

Thanks again!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Your list is fabulous!  And what timing!  I found it just five minutes after downloading another book and then promising myself that I would not buy anything else until I had at least made a sizable dent in my unread list. 

Five minutes is a new record for me. I have managed to keep my resolve for at least 24 hours up to this point.  (Of course, my lack of willpower is entirely my fault, not yours :smileywink: !) 

Thanks!

Reader
R_Doug

I just recently completed Not What She Seems by fellow indie author Victorine Lieske.  For 99¢ you can do a lot worse.  The only real complaint I had was a recurring tick the heroine had throughout the book, but the author has since told me that she went through the manuscript and cleaned that up.  Overall the writing was good, the story held my interest, the primary characters were fairly well rounded, and the author obviously took great care in her editing as there were no glaring typos or grammatical errors jumping out and slapping me upside the head.

If you want to try in indie effort at a really cheap price, I would definitely give this one a shot.  You can find it here:  http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Not-What-She-Seems/Victorine-Lieske/e/2940011804038/

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong
0 Kudos

I saw this on the deals page last week and thought I would post it in case someone didn't see it.

The Lost Symbol 

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

FYI - I do try to keep the list current, so it's being edited constantly.  Today 10 books dropped off the list because their prices shot back up, but another 8 got added....

cheers,

Kirsty

:smileyhappy:

B&N Bookseller
miffy1157
0 Kudos

like your list!

- Caitlin
Contributor
deb_wms
0 Kudos

Thank you, Kristy!  I found several great books at a steal of a price.  Now, I just need to find time to read them.:smileytongue:

Inspired Contributor
altreco
0 Kudos

Thank you for the list.  I found several books that look good are are priced great!

I find myself accumulating books that may take me months to get around to reading...I love it!

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

Sweet! Waiting for a price to drop on a book is awesome. Got The Lost Symbol. I actually had this on my wishlist since the day I bought my Nook, and if I recall correctly, it was around 11.99 at first, then it dropped to 9.99. Now 3.99!  Glad I waited!

Other books seems interesting, but SO MANY BOOKS TOO LITTLE TIME!! :-) ACK! :-)  

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

rechecked your list today and downloaded several new additions.  Keep up the good work.

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Hi, everyone!

I kept running into the size limit for my bargains list, so I decided to split it into two lists.  The original list is mostly fiction titles, and my second list ("Best Nookbook bargains, continued") is mostly nonfiction selections.  I do edit the lists frequently, removing titles that are no longer on sale and adding new ones as I find them.  Again, the books are

(1) Sale ebooks from major publishing houses.  The sales are limited time, of course, and may last -- depending on the publisher -- anywhere from 2 days to 2 months.  So if you're interested in a title for yourself, you'd better snap it up while you can.
(2) Not written by Indie authors.  (This is not a comment on the quality of Indie publications, but merely a reflection of my focus.)
(3) Generally not promoted elsewhere on B&N (although sometimes they show up on the Steals 'n Deals page after I'd already discovered them).
(4) Listed in no particular order (they're frequently arranged by color contrast!).

Here are the links for the two versions of the list:

cheers,

Kirsty

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong
0 Kudos

This one just became available yesterday.

The Zero Game 

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Thanks for the heads up on the Brad Melzer title!  A few new additions to the lists today...

cheers,

Kirsty

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Kristy, thank you so much for these wonderful lists!  I have now bookmarked your (fiction) list page. 

I bought three titles after your first posting and I may pick up a couple more today.  I appreciate your diverse tastes :smileyhappy:. . .  and your thriftiness. :smileyvery-happy: 

I simply must put in a plug for one book that I found thanks to you and your list:

The Air We Breathe  The novel's narrative voice, a collective "we,"  is unique and the historical fiction plot based upon TB patients in a state-run hospital in New York during WWI involves some truly remarkable characters.  This is one of my favorite books--DTB or NOOKbook--of the year.

Thank you especially for that find.  Who knows, I just may find something to eclipse it in my next purchases.  Again, many thanks.

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

New sale eBooks from St. Martins Press added (some dropped off, but there are some great new titles there)...

And, btw, it's a little late now (since the sale is rumored to be today only in honor of Jane Austen's birthday), but the publisher Sourcebooks is offering 16 free ebooks - 6 Jane Austen titles, and 10 Austen-inspired titles.  Searching on Sourcebooks, and sorting by price should bring them all up...

cheers,

Kirsty

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005

KirstyHaining wrote:

And, btw, it's a little late now (since the sale is rumored to be today only in honor of Jane Austen's birthday), but the publisher Sourcebooks is offering 16 free ebooks - 6 Jane Austen titles, and 10 Austen-inspired titles.  Searching on Sourcebooks, and sorting by price should bring them all up...

Or just go to these two postings on the Free NOOKBooks thread: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKbook-Discussion/Free-NOOKbook-summary-thread-please-no-OT...

Sourcebooks has extended the offer through Friday the 17th, because they had trouble getting the e-books available for free on the various booksellers.

Frequent Contributor
crafty4life
0 Kudos

SHissong wrote:

This one just became available yesterday.

The Zero Game 

(This book was awesome, by the way. He writes many good books.)

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Several great new titles added today from Grand Central.  My fiction list is too full, so things have spilled over onto a third list "Even More Nookbook Bargains" (which you can find by looking to the sidebar where my other lists are linked).

cheers,

Kirsty

:-)

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

[ Edited ]

Also some great new promo titles from HarperCollins....

Here are the links again for my lists:

cheers,

Kirsty

Distinguished Correspondent
Whitecat5000
0 Kudos