Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Re: Best Nookbook bargains

KirstyHaining wrote:

Two new promo titles from Sourcebooks, recent pubs.  My experience with these is that the new publication promos are extremely short-lived (2 days to half a week or so) before they pop up to full price....

Kirsty thanks so much for these lists. When you add new books do you add them at the top (#1) or do they go to the bottom? I went through all of both lists a week or so ago and would like to just check out what has been added. I think they are added to the top but I have looked at so many eBooks lately that I have no clue if I have already looked at one or not! Thanks again!:smileywink:

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Hi, Kathy -

By default new items are added at the top of any list, but you can manually reorder them at any point after it is added.  So although the newer stuff is frequently at the  top, there's no guarantee on that since I do move things around in the lists.  I re-arrange for a number of reasons -- color variation (I don't like too many dark-colored books next to each other), my own whim, topic or content (sometimes I'll arrange like ebooks together), and very occasionally my own opinion of how good it is will weight it towards the top or the bottom of the list.

cheers,

Kirsty

:-)

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Thanks Kirsty!

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Huh!  The two new promo titles from Sourcebooks changed from orders to pre-orders, so it looks like you'll get the $2.99 pricing on them until the first of March...

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Well, massive, massive changes on the bargains lists today and none of it good.  Because of Random House's move to the Agency Pricing model, more than 3 dozen ebooks dropped off the lists.  I was kicking myself for not buying some of them while the prices were low -- but c'est la vie.

No good news YET on the bargain ebooks front (though lots of freebies were added in the last day or so).  However, the claim for those using Agency Pricing is that they will do more promotional pricing on first-in-series books to introduce readers to their authors.  So we'll see if we get more books in future.

FYI, I created some new lists of books that I've liked -- not lower priced, but things I've rated at either 4 or 5 stars (although a 5-star rating system seem so inadequate sometimes).  So if you're looking for something new to read, you might want to check out my other lists.

Happy reading to all!

cheers,

Kirsty

:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Re: Best Nookbook Bargains

A couple new titles from St. Martins Press added yesterday.

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

New promo titles from Little, Brown & Company (as well as from Grand Central and Orbit), but unfortunately we lost more titles than we gained.  We also got more non-fiction titles on promo this time round.  Still, the Orbit title was one that was on my wish list, so that's good...

cheers,

Kirsty

Distinguished Correspondent
Beth_DeEtt
0 Kudos

Wow, Kirsty, I admire your work!  Thank you for your lists.  May I suggest that you place your links in your board signature, so that when you post an update they're handy for readers who may not know where they are in the thread?  :smileywink:

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

Hallelujah!  I didn't have time to post this yesterday, but we have some new sale titles from St. Martins Press and one from Tom Doherty.  A couple of them were actually already on my wish list, too (hooray! just the thing to cheer me up after a long day).

Happy reading to all!

cheers,

Kirsty

Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob
0 Kudos

which one is Tom Doherty.?

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
Wordsmith
Critteranne
0 Kudos

BooksOnTheKnob wrote:

which one is Tom Doherty.?

There's one called The Sword-Edged Blonde. It's a Tor Book. (I don't know why it doesn't simply say "Tor Books" rather than "Doherty, Tom Associates, LLC." :smileyhappy: )

Inspired Contributor
altreco

I look in on your list every couple of weeks and invariably find a book that I didn't know I just HAVE to read! Thanks for keeping it updated Kristy...your list is a gem!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!

Sourcebooks is doing a sale on historical fiction and chick lit ebooks.  10 titles for 99 cents each.  This sale could stop at any moment, so don't delay.  (In my experience, the Sourcebook promos are usually less than a week.  I don't know when this sale started, but I discovered it late last night.)

Happy shopping and even happier reading to all!

cheers,

Kirsty

DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

KirstyHaining wrote:

Sourcebooks is doing a sale on historical fiction and chick lit ebooks.  10 titles for 99 cents each.  This sale could stop at any moment, so don't delay.  (In my experience, the Sourcebook promos are usually less than a week.  I don't know when this sale started, but I discovered it late last night.)

Excuse me, but what is "Sourcebooks"?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

DRV wrote:

Excuse me, but what is "Sourcebooks"?

It's a publisher. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sourcebooks

DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Great list.  Just downloaded 

My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves Series #1)

I'm a huge fan of these lower cost ebooks.  They are introducing me to all sorts of new talented authors like Amanda Hocking.:smileyvery-happy:

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Inspired Contributor
JohnEverson
0 Kudos

Nookbook bargain - VIGILANTES OF LOVE for $.99

Hi all - since this was a bargain list, I wanted to make sure you were aware of a limited time offer that's going on now for my 2nd short fiction collection, Vigilantes of Love. The book was originally released in trade paperback format by a Chicago press in 2003, but has been out of print for several years, so it's great to see it available again. Some of you may be familiar with my mass market horror novels from the past couple years like Covenant and Siren...  Well, Vigilantes of Love is a little "quieter" than those books -- it includes Twilight Zone-style macabre horror tales, but also offers some of my best dark fantasy stories as well (many are even family friendly!)

Anyway, to celebrate its debut in e-book format and to reach a wider audience of readers, for a limited time, the collection is on sale at  for just $0.99. That's 15 stories for under a buck! I hope some of you will check it out. The leadoff story, "Calling of the Moon" was listed as an Honorable Mention in the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror anthology the year of its release, and I'm personally proud of many of the other stories inside as well. Other presses also have a couple of my other books available for under $4, so ... if you like the "dark fantastic"... I hope you'll do a search on my name, and take a look.

Thanks for reading!

John Everson

Contributor
apesmom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Great list, I made a few purchases thanks to your efforts!

Here's a few new pre-order $1.99 bargins from HarperCollins:

The Bronze Horseman with Bonus Material 

Wonderful book!

Rogue Forces with Bonus Material 

Contributor
K_L_Brady
0 Kudos

Worst Impressions  is a YA urban twist on Pride and Prejudice featuring Liz Bennett, a basketball phenom whose already dramatic world is turned upside down when two popular boys enter her life--one vying for her affection and the other plucking her nerves. It's a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy for young adults of all ages.  Only 99 cents. Free on Smashwords until April 7th! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/46950

Urban Teens Read said...
""Read it in one night! Amazing (: too bad I was running on two hours of sleep today at school."
and
"Karla Brad[y]'s novel "Worst Impressions" AWESOME!!! Please pick up your copy ASAP!!!"

A Teen Reader Says...
"This was so funny I was laughing most of the time I read this. I finished this book in just three hours.... Her mom was over protective and her dad reminded me a lot of mine. The love story had a lot of drama and boyfriend stealing... But what I liked most was Liz, who was a good girl that loved her sisters who she thought were more pretty than she was. I give this 5 stars out of 5...."

My novel for grown-ups, released by Simon & Schuster last Tuesday, is also available (not on sale).Hilarious romantic comedy...

The Bum Magnet  

The Bum Magnet