Contributor
forks
0 Kudos

Book Cover images for B&N eBooks?

I have seen quite a few books for purchase from B&N that have no image for the cover of eBooks.  I was wondering if anyone knew why this is?  Also, if I purchase an eBook without the cover image and later you can purchase the book with one, will my eBook update?

Here are some examples:

Be Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of the Blood Series #1)  

Lords of the Underworld Bundle  

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Re: Book Cover images for B&N eBooks?

My best guess would be that the publisher didn't/could not get the rights to publish the cover art in ebook form.

OR

They just didn't think to add it?

Contributor
forks
0 Kudos

The thing is that the cover image is available on the kindle. So I know the have gotten the rights before.  It is frustrating to me that if I purchase these books now I will get the "Image Not Available" when I show covers in my library.  I am hoping they will add the images soon.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

forks wrote:

The thing is that the cover image is available on the kindle. So I know the have gotten the rights before.  It is frustrating to me that if I purchase these books now I will get the "Image Not Available" when I show covers in my library.  I am hoping they will add the images soon.

If the eBook is updated in any way on B&N servers, you can re-download it to your nook.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Contributor
nomesque
0 Kudos

forks wrote:

I have seen quite a few books for purchase from B&N that have no image for the cover of eBooks.  I was wondering if anyone knew why this is?

I think it's just one of those formatting problems that B&N runs into occasionally. They're reformatting every ebook they receive (as I understand it), and doubtless they sometimes either miss creating a cover image for the ebook, or the cover and the ebook get separated. Hopefully they'll fix each problem as they become aware of it.

Frequent Contributor
General_Knowledge
0 Kudos

I have sort of a similar issue.  I have a B&N eBook "Frozen".  When I first downloaded it, it had a cover.  When I downloaded another eBook suddenly it "lost" it's cover for some reason.  It was replaced by a white cover with the word Frozen on it.  When I searched the eBooks on B&N now it shows a white cover with the word Frozen typed on the front too.  If I search the regular books on B&N it shows the actual cover.  Very strange.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

General_Knowledge wrote:

I have sort of a similar issue.  I have a B&N eBook "Frozen".  When I first downloaded it, it had a cover.  When I downloaded another eBook suddenly it "lost" it's cover for some reason.  It was replaced by a white cover with the word Frozen on it.  When I searched the eBooks on B&N now it shows a white cover with the word Frozen typed on the front too.  If I search the regular books on B&N it shows the actual cover.  Very strange.

It sounds as things are working perfectly. You have the same cover that is displayed on the website.

I wonder why B&N yanked the cover off, was it perhaps a bit "racy"? Although seeing some of the covers on romance novels I can't imagine what B&N would consider too racy.

Frequent Contributor
General_Knowledge
0 Kudos

Yeah that's why I prefaced it by saying the issue was sort of similar.  I'm not sure why the cover would suddenly be different.  It's by no means racy.  The book is an expose of the company that cryogenically suspended Ted William's body (actually his head).  So I'm not too sure why they differ.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum

I've run into these and they make no sense as the covers are all rather bland:

KnockOut  by Catherine Coulter

Yep, no cover at all!

Debt of Honor  

Executive Orders

Contributor
forks
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
General_Knowledge wrote:

Thank you for telling me this :smileyvery-happy:.   It sounds like if I did buy the current eBook from B&N with no image cover and eventually they added one, my eBook would update. I really do not want to purchase an eBook from B&N without a cover.  It kind of defeats the purpose of purchasing the eBook from them. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Reader 4
Mikehaf
0 Kudos

How do you add the DTB image to the nook?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Mikehaf wrote:

How do you add the DTB image to the nook?

You can add cover images to eBook files using something like Calibre, which is free.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716