Reading is one of my favorite pass times and I will read anything including technical manuals (if it’ll keep my interest and teach me something). My biggest problem I think is finding new authors and series to read, there’s many to choose from but peer reviews can help or hinder in my decision on what I’ll end up with.

On average depending on my mood or what I have going on I can read 2 – 3 books a day most being around 400 pg’s +. Ive found that Amazon and Barnes and Noble are great for acquiring books but their recommendations are… few and far between, I enjoy the hard to find novels as well as the NY Times Best Sellers and everything else in between. I guess it would help if I was to post a list of authors and series that I have read or am reading (when material runs short I usually end up re reading a lot of what I have). Recommendations for new authors and series would be much appreciated as well as your take on new/old books read in the past.

Here is a list of what I’ve read and what I’m reading Currently:

Past Reads:

• Anne Rice – The Vampire Chronicles
  • Cassandra Claire – Immortal Instruments
  • J. R. R. Tolkien – Lord of The Rings /The Hobbit/Simarillion
  • J. R Ward – Fallen Angels / Black Dagger Brotherhood
  • Janet Evanovich – Stephanie Plumb
  • Janet Fitch – White Oleander
  • John Connolly – Charlie Parker
  • Kat Richardson – Greywalker
  • Maggie Stiefvater – Wolves of Mercy Falls
  • Michael Connelly – Harry Bosch
  • Patricia Briggs – Alpha and Omega / Mercy Thompson
  • Stephanie Meyer – Twilight
  • Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • Terry Brooks – Shannara Chronology
  • Thomas Harris – Hannibal
  • Yasmine Galenorn – Sisters of The Moon

All of the Above mentioned are obviously Sci-fi and Fiction a genre I enjoy.  Here are some of the Non Fiction Titles I’ve read.

• Malcolm Gladwell – Blink
  • Paul Ekman – Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings To Improve Communication And Emotional Life
  • Rebecca Skloot – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
  • Tony Judt – Post War: A History of Europe since 1945
  • Kevin D. Mitnick – The Art of Deception: Controlling The Human Element of Security
  • Greg Mortenson – Stones for schools / 3 Cups of Tea
  • Mark Bowden – Black Hawk Down

Here’s a few on my to-do list for Non Fiction:

• Norman Doidge – The Brain that Changes itself
  • Marcus Luttrell – Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of operation Redwing and the lost heroes of seal team 10.
  • Frank Antenori, Hans Halberstadt – Roughneck Nine-One

As you can see I’m beginning to run out of material to read. :smileyhappy: Any suggestions are welcome.