Correspondent
LSCB
0 Kudos

Can I print out or otherwise save a list of the ebooks in my library?

Greetings! I have well over 200 books in "My NOOK Library" at this point and would like to have a list of them printed out. Any way to do this? Thanks much! --LSCB

LSCB
Contributor
GHott
0 Kudos

Re: Can I print out or otherwise save a list of the ebooks in my library?

I haven't found one -- I'd love to be able to export it. It would be much easier than marking each as purchased in Goodreads!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,002
0 Kudos

You could print them page-by-page, 25 at a time, from your browser. If you know your way around various software tools, you could copy-and-paste each page into a single file, then edit that file to produce the list.

But as for a simple single-step approach, no way that I know of.

Distinguished Correspondent
mousetater
0 Kudos

I would love to be able to print out my Nook Library list.  And also my eBook Wish List (with or without current prices).

Correspondent
LSCB
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. Not exactly the answers I'd hoped, but very useful. I just purchased Delicious LIbrary 2, a software program that organizes books, CDs, and various other things, and would love to be able to import a list from my library into that database. Delicious Library 2 uses scanner technology to easily add items to the database, and is linked with Amazon.com. So as soon as I scan in a book, I can see details about it, including an overview, list price and current market price for the used copy I own, cover art, etc. Plus, I can add my own comments and starred rating. 

For books without barcodes you can type in the title and immediately link, via Amazon, to a database of books to identify and then add to Delicious Library the book you have. For example, I have a copy of an old cookbook called "Granny's Hillbilly Cookbook" here at my lake cabin, more for decoration than anything else. It's from the early 1960s. I put it in and found out that it's worth $30-$45!! Who knew?

Anyway, with books here, at home, a work, and in hardcopy and ebook versions, it's hard to keep track of all that I own, so I'm hoping this database will help me organize. Plus, it's FUN!

Go to http://www.delicious-monster.com/ if you are curious.

--LSCB

LSCB
Frequent Contributor
crane2
0 Kudos

Old msg about printing, but I just printed my library list indirectly using Calibre.

Calibre .7.5.2 has the save to disk option & probably earlier version has it also.

The Calibre drop down menu has options on howto/what to disk; select all the titles listed in the library; select sendto disk in a single directory format else you will get folders with the authors' name before a list of the titles; select the folder you want to send the titles; do it.  Then you "should" go to the folder with the single title listing to delete the opf & jpg files to leave only the epub to be printed else you will have 3 lines for each title.  Now just print the directory.  m$ has a fix for the xp, vista & win7 versions to do printing of a directory easily.

I could have just do a "printdir" of the Nook but the stuff from B&N is encoded using numers for titles & other books don't really have good file names.  Using the Calibre to send the listing to the disk gets me a listing of book titles w/authors as the title name.

The process now allow me to search the free books without having too many dups.  And it helps my going thru the "100 books" etc that I would like to read & select what to download by going thru both lists.

Hope this helps util either B&N or Calibre provides a print option for print the library in a decent recognizable manner.

New User
pinkgirl54
0 Kudos

Did you every find a way to do this?

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

@LSCB is this software working for you?
LSCB wrote:

Thanks for your replies. Not exactly the answers I'd hoped, but very useful. I just purchased Delicious LIbrary 2, a software program that organizes books, CDs, and various other things,

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Sucky - I looked at the website for Delicious Library and it is Mac only :smileysad:

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: Can I print out or otherwise save a list of the eBooks in my library?

I know might not be the most convenient way but, you could create a document list and type in the titles on your my nook library and print the document out

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Correspondent
LSCB
0 Kudos

Re: Can I print out or otherwise save a list of the eBooks in my library?

Hi all. No, I haven't made any progress in finding a satisfying way to achieve the goal I described in my original post. I'm not a "techie" which is why I haven't taken any action. And unfortunately, the upshot of it is that I'm using my Nook less and less becuz I have a hard time finding just what I want to read next. I haven't turned it on in 2 months, tho I continue to get the occasional freebie.

It seems like B&N would devise a way to do this for us as a way to improve marketing both of the Nook device and ebooks.

--LSCB

LSCB