Inspired Contributor
asnow4sure
0 Kudos

Does B&N ever gave something like the Sunshine Deal sale at Amazon?

I haven't been here long so I wasn't sure B&N does something like what they are doing at Amazon?

I was looking through Amazon's list and was GREEEEEEN with envy!!! There were some books I would have flipped out to get for those prices!!!

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Re: Does B&N ever gave something like the Sunshine Deal sale at Amazon?

Care to elaborate?

Distinguished Correspondent
BearLion
0 Kudos

Jenniisme wrote:

Care to elaborate?

For the next two weeks or so, Amazon has their Sunshine Deals promotion going on whereby over 600 books are priced at .99, 1.99, and 2.99. Titles include those by Pat Conroy, Jurt Vonnegut, Chelsea Handler, etc.

I won't link because I don't know the linking policy here, but it's easy enough to find. Many people have loaded up with books at these prices.

Inspired Contributor
moemac
0 Kudos

I know just from looking on Amazon and Kirsty's bargain lists that B&N is matching a few of them. I just picked up a few nookbooks for the same price as Amazon's deal.

"Don't parse the blurb"
Contributor
rcwidow

The Chelsea Handler book is on sale at BN too. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-horizontal-life-chelsea-handler/1007021815?ean=9781596916715&itm=... I think a lot of the same ones are on sale at BN. Maybe not all. But there are a lot of new books reduced now so check and see if it is some of the ones you want. Check out the free nookbook thread and the Kristy's best nookbook bargains thread for great deals!
Inspired Contributor
asnow4sure
0 Kudos

I did find some that were matched on Kristy's thread....LOVE Kristy's thread. Was hoping that maybe they might start matching a few more. I'm on my way over to her thread now.

Reader 2
nookbookwormST
0 Kudos

Where do I find Kristy's thread??

Inspired Contributor
moemac
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/Best-Nookbook-bargains/td-p/716026/page/...

KirstyHaining is the best for keeping this list updated. I check it it often. Thanks KirstyHaining!

"Don't parse the blurb"
Contributor
bukwurm31
0 Kudos

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't understand why all the titles on sale at Amazon aren't on sale at B&N.  The publishers set the prices, right?

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

bukwurm31 wrote:

The publishers set the prices, right?

Only the largest 6 publishers, which account for 40% (I think!) of new titles.  That 40% (I think!) encompasses most fiction bestsellers, but not all.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 24 members 197 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: