Reader
LadyCisca
0 Kudos

E-Books from Amazon

Okay so an e-book that I wanted is not on B&N but when i went to Amazon is there in the 'Kindel format" and I was wondering how the two would interact.

By the way, the Nook is the best friend for a Soldier who like to read. It even fits in the uniform pockets with out a problem.

Frequent Contributor
Alley415
0 Kudos

Re: E-Books from Amazon

LadyCisca wrote:

Okay so an e-book that I wanted is not on B&N but when i went to Amazon is there in the 'Kindel format" and I was wondering how the two would interact.

By the way, the Nook is the best friend for a Soldier who like to read. It even fits in the uniform pockets with out a problem.

No, Kindle books will not work on nook.  They use DRM.  As for nook being a soldier's best friend, many disagree.  Wait until you are sent oversees and can't buy books directly from B&N.

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

LadyCisca wrote:

They won't.  Amazon books are both DRM protected in a way that the nook cannot read, and encoded in the .azw ebook format, which is proprietary to Amazon - Amazon ebooks can only be read on a kindle (or amazon approved device, like the kindle iphone app).  

You might want to check some of the other ebook sites that do provide nook-compatible books (fictionwise, ereader.com, etc.) to see if the book you want is compatible.  

New User
sharonipwni
0 Kudos

sorry this is OFF TOPIC but

so long as your nook has access to wifi yes you can purchase overseas. I've done it fine.

Frequent Contributor
Alley415
0 Kudos

sharonipwni wrote:

sorry this is OFF TOPIC but

so long as your nook has access to wifi yes you can purchase overseas. I've done it fine.

This is not true.  If you try purchasing from B&N and aren't using a US IP address, it won't work.  The only country they offer purchasing service in outside of the US is Canada.