Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

Ebook vs. Books?

Is there any way you can trade in books for ebooks? Like if you have bought books and spent $ on them, then you buy a Nook and want to put the books you have at home on there. Or do you have to rebuy the ebooks?

Thanks for the help!

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Re: Ebook vs. Books?

[ Edited ]

This question gets asked all the time.  Think of it this way, could you trade in your VHS for the DVD or trade your DVD's in for Bluerays.  Enough said.

Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

In a way, you could buy a CD, then plug it into iTunes to put it into your iPod. That's what I'm kinda asking. :smileywink:

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

LuvNStuff wrote:

In a way, you could buy a CD, then plug it into iTunes to put it into your iPod. That's what I'm kinda asking. :smileywink:

Yep you could do that with your books too!...Just scan page by page into the computer with a scanner then create a pdf from it. :smileytongue:

That's the book equivelent to the CD analogy that you gave.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Wordsmith
Tim40744
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A CD contains digital data that be converted to another format. A physical book cannot. I suppose you can "convert" your physical book into cash using a low tech yard sale which can then be further converted into an ebook of your choice. The yard sale is a suggested "converter," there are others available.   :smileywink:

Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help! :smileyvery-happy: