Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

FINALLY.......

A book that I have been waiting on for two years because of the powers that be, has finally reduced in price from $14.99.  I will not publicly say what it is because they probably go back and bump the price up again.  I have went on to other authors and books in the meantime and have found other authors that are just as good.  I made a conscious effort to not pay an exorbitant amount for an ebook because of the principle of the thing now.

You live and you learn, some people just live!
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Re: FINALLY.......

So you're not going to tell us the name of this book?

That's helpful.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Bibliophile
Jenniisme

did you buy it already? if so, we'll risk the price increase.

Tell us!

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923

I'm really not sure what to make of this kind of post.

Contributor
NN_BigDog
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

I'm really not sure what to make of this kind of post.

+1

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

You've been waiting for it to come down from $14.99 for two years?  I thought most ebooks didn't go to that price point until 7 months ago.  Now I'm really curious.

Frequent Contributor
onemorrismom
0 Kudos

A discussion about ebooks that doesn't list the title of the book.....  You wait for two years to buy a book and won't tell us the name when we could be enjoying it too???  Come one, tell us already.  What is the name of the book?  It's like talking about a great meal at a great resteraunt and not telling us the name of the place.  What's the point?  Tell us.

Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

Not going to divulge this book because I think there are people out there that look for this thing and manipulate prices because of it.  I had a lot of books on my WISH LISTS and got to thinking that they could leave the price as it was, with them hoping that human wants would win over.  I have stopped putting things on my wish list also.

Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

Wanting to harrass???

Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

See my previous post to see my response.

Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

No waiting until my funds are available.

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

I'm no longer curious.  I think your responses have pretty much answered the question. 

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

*Paranoia, paranoia everybody's coming to get me*

Honestly that sounds a little nuts!

thelios wrote:

Not going to divulge this book because I think there are people out there that look for this thing and manipulate prices because of it.  I had a lot of books on my WISH LISTS and got to thinking that they could leave the price as it was, with them hoping that human wants would win over.  I have stopped putting things on my wish list also.

Frequent Contributor
onemorrismom
0 Kudos

I'm no longer curious.  I think your responses have pretty much answered the question

LOL

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

thelios wrote:

I'm quite certain that the big publishers have nothing better to do than read individual posts here on the message boards to determine what people want and then raise those book / e-book prices.  Supply and demand rules!  :smileywink:

Thanks for the explanation.  Now I can ignore this thread with a clear conscience..  

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa

I have stopped thinking about eBooks because I believe that the publishers can read my mind, and that they'll raise the price if I think about books I want. 

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

sub_rosa wrote:

Don't buy from Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Hachette, Penguin, or HarperCollins until the agency model is DEAD.

...and they'll know if you buy from someone else.... <Where's that Twilight Zone music when I need it>

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

For future reference, bro, this forum is not treed for responses - you need to actually quote who you're responding to.

Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

Harrassment!

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Mental instability?