Frequent Contributor
bga_reviews
0 Kudos

Re: Fictionwise shutting down--books can be transferred to NOOK Library

I received a second email with a code and it appears to have added most, if not all of the over 2000 ebooks I purchased at Fictionwise. Like Robert J. Sawyer, my email from eReader.com was missing the link, and I tried contacting them through their customer service page earlier in the week, but still nothing.
New User
SL_Standish
0 Kudos

I have one 258 books in my fictionwise library so far 4 transferred and I did not receive the like that would tell me what would not transfer. I have sent 4 emails and none have web answered. I'm beyond pissed. Really frustrating.
New User
SL_Standish
0 Kudos

I talked with someone because my old nook no longer shows on my account. Well. An hour later thy told me it would take 24 hours to show up. Ya still hasn't just a way for them to blow you off and get you off the phone.
New User
SL_Standish
0 Kudos

Re: Another long, sordid tale...

Where did you get the no transfer list!? I have not seen that and it was not In the email I originally received unless I missed it. So frustrated I only had 5 of my 258 books so far.
Contributor
rmccort
0 Kudos

I've got the e-mails telling me that books will transfer, but as far as I can tell none of my 159 titles have.

How have they shown up for those of you who have seen some appear? Do they pop onto your nook in the Daily Reads like regular ordered books or do they appear in your archive or what?

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

I've still only had 10 of mine transferred. They just showed up in my Nook app on my iPad, and in my Library, like regular Nookbooks.
Contributor
gstew
0 Kudos

Re: Another long, sordid tale...

It is in the B&N Opt-In Choice webpage towards the bottom.

Just in case you are one of the ones who haven't received one of those emails, here it is:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/container/nook_full.asp?PID=45600

As I mentioned, I saw very few of my books on that list.... about 1%.

An update... since I posted my original story here, I have seen ONE more item transferred. The responses to all of my calls and emails to Customer Support can be boiled down to:

"We know there's a problem. We are working on it. More is coming. Please be patient."

Not very reassuring!

Greg in Mississippi
Frequent Contributor
Robert-J-Sawyer
0 Kudos

Sigh.  Still no code received from Barnes & Noble for my...

Sigh.  Still no code received from Barnes & Noble for my Fictionwise titles, despite having opted in.  Still no opt-in link for my eReader.com titles, despite having written weeks ago to eReader tech support about this (and having received no reply).  Very, very frustrating, and very, very disappointing.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: Sigh. Still no code received from Barnes & Noble for my...

Got my code in an email time-stamped just an hour ago. Go to the link. Enter the code. Get a message that says:

We're having trouble locating your Access Code. Please check that your code is correct. If you continue to experience this issue please contact Customer Service.

>sigh<

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

RHWright wrote:

Got my code in an email time-stamped just an hour ago. Go to the link. Enter the code. Get a message that says:

We're having trouble locating your Access Code. Please check that your code is correct. If you continue to experience this issue please contact Customer Service.

>sigh<

Small B&N mistake. The code on the page is lower case. Copy the upper case one from the e-mail. The code seems to be case sensitive.
After putting in the code about an hour ago, already 1100 of my 1300 books have been tranferred.

RHWright
0 Kudos

Tried it as transferred, tried copy & pasting, tried just typing it in (paying attention to case). No dice. We'll try again in awhile.

Maybe too many trying at once overloading the system?

Contributor
gstew
0 Kudos

geertm,

Thanks for that information. I just got another email with a new Access Code and got the error message. I'll resubmit it in lower-case.

Then an update... things do seem to be moving. Wednesday, I had 120 items in my B&N bookshelf which included 32 items transferred from EReader/Fictionwise.

Thursday evening, I saw 851 items.

This morning, 870 items.

That leaves me approximately 30 items short, but a quick look through the bookshelf did show some items listed multiple times, so the full number of items that haven't transferred yet is somewhat higher.

I'm hoping that those who had problems getting their transfer email are now receiving them.

B&N may pull this one off yet!

Greg in Mississippi
Frequent Contributor
Robert-J-Sawyer
0 Kudos

RH, I had the exact same thing:  Finally got the email with the code today, entered the code, got this message: "We're having trouble accessing your code."  So I tried again two hours later, and it worked.  I think the system sending out the codes via email is running a bit ahead of the redemption system at barnesandnoble.com.  :smileyhappy:

All best wishes!

Rob

Frequent Contributor
Robert-J-Sawyer
0 Kudos

According to this reply from Fictionwise.com tech support (took weeks for them to answer), if you have both an eReader.com account and a Fictionwise.com account, and they're both registered to the same email address (and mine are), you'll only get one redemption code, and it should work for both bookshelves:

My question:

I am both an eReader.com and a Fictionwise.com customer.  I 
received an email from Fictionwise.com WITH A LINK to initiate 
a transfer of my books to my Nook account.  However, the 
similar email from eReader.com CONTAINED NO SUCH LINK. I have 
102 eReader-format books in my eReader account and I want them 
to be transitioned to my B&N Nook account.  Help, please

The answer:

Hi,

Please let me know if you are still having a problem opting in to the NOOK Library.  If your email address is the same on both accounts you will only need to opt-in once.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lynn
eReader.com Support Team

keriflur

Can I just say this is the most asinine transfer system I've ever seen?

First off, why do we have to opt in at all?  Why not include everyone, and give an opt-out option?  If a customer fails to opt in they lose their books.  The worst that happens to someone who fails to opt-out is that they have to delete a bunch of books.

Second, once we've opted in, why do we need to get a code in an email, then click a link to a website with a pre-populated code that is WRONG, then overlay the wrong (lowercase) code with the right (uppercase) code, just to get our books transferred?  I mean, come on, WE ALREADY OPTED IN.

This is such a sorry excuse to deprive people of books they've ALREADY PAID FOR that B&N should be embarrassed.  B&N, you owe your customers an apology.

</rant>

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

My books transfers finally just showed up in my library yesterday (i had over 200).
Contributor
pisceschick
0 Kudos

I went to the link the day the email was sent and opted in.  Nothing.

Went again a week later and it let me opt-in just like I hadn't done it before.  Still nothing.

Getting nervous, so I tried it again today...  Not holding my breath.  None of my FW books are on the list of unavailable books, so I don't understand why nothing's happened for me.  Ridiculous!

Contributor
AlexJouJou
0 Kudos

It does seem like some folks are getting the codes. Not me or at least not yet.

I have 700 books and I bought a Nook so I hope that I get a code soon and that they transfer. 

Here's hoping this is the start of movement on this!

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

I haven't purchased very many books at Fictionwise but I finally received my code yesterday and my books (and magazines) transferred over just fine.  I'm fine with that.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
Jaon
0 Kudos

And some of us are getting nothing! I found this thread today and just finished digging through the last few months of emails. I never got an email about this from either B&N or Fictionwise.