Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Fictionwise

I'm sorry, but $17 is not a reasonable price for an ebook.

Frequent Contributor
Saneless
0 Kudos

Well, as much as 9.99 was fine, did anyone really expect that to last?  It's brand new, less than list, and unfortunately B&N doesn't want to stay competitive with Amazon.  Not much I can do if I'm not in the mood to wait.

keriflur
0 Kudos

What's the book?

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

30% Rebate on all eBooks @ Fictionwise

30% MICROPAY REBATES ON ALL EBOOKS!

April 15th is soon approaching, which is "Tax Day" in the United States (the final day to file your taxes). To help ease the pain, we're offering everyone a great deal. EVERY eBook at Fictionwise.com includes a 30% Micropay rebate when paying with a credit card or PayPal! Start shopping Now!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: 30% Rebate on all eBooks @ Fictionwise

Do I read between the lines that Fictionwise is not expecting to get any 'Agency 5' titles before April 15?

keriflur
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:

Do I read between the lines that Fictionwise is not expecting to get any 'Agency 5' titles before April 15?

Has Fictionwise clarified how the micropay rebates will work (or not work) in relation to the agency books?

I would think, and as always there's a decent chance I'm wrong, that when you accumulate a rebate it's not really a discount on the book.  You're still paying full price for the book.  It's when you spend the rebate, and thus pay less for the book included in that transaction, that you would be getting a discount.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Fictionwise hasn't said a word, but BooksOnBoard has said that they're no longer permitted to offer rebates on 'Agency 5' titles. Rebates can be used to buy 'Agency 5' titles—whenever they get them back, which they thought was going to be yesterday but obviously wasn't because they don't have any of them yet—but those titles can't themselves be rebated.

I don't think Fictionwise is going to get a different deal. But I obviously don't know that for a fact, which is why I called it "reading between the lines".

Reader 4
Anonymous08
0 Kudos

checkout the list of unavalable fictionwise titles here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/container/nook_full.asp?PID=45600