Inspired Contributor
JenScheil
0 Kudos

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

First Questions...What the heck is Twilight Fan fiction???!!! I guess I am behind the times on this one :-)

I am actually reading Fifty shades now, just started the last book today. And like a few others I am very bored with the repetition, and the endless chapters of sex...seriously no one has that much sex. And I am one to say a good sex scene can def help a book...but not every three pages. I have gotten to the point where I am skimming them and then moving on so I can at least finish and see what the ending brings.

One reader posted on Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series and I will echo him/her on that one...those are excellent quick reads and if you haven't you definitley should take a chance on them!

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

The author of this book originally wrote it about the characters from the Twilight book series and posted it on on Twilight fan sites.  When they became popular with the Twilight fans she then changed the character names and details so as not to violate copyrights.

keriflur
0 Kudos

Andrew Shaffer wrote a parody to Fifty Shades, called Fifty Shames of Earl Grey.  I've heard it's fantastic, but humor novels aren't really my cup of tea (pun intended, har har).

For anyone interested:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14060248-fifty-shames-of-earl-grey

keriflur
0 Kudos

JenScheil wrote:

First Questions...What the heck is Twilight Fan fiction???!!! I guess I am behind the times on this one :-)

I am actually reading Fifty shades now, just started the last book today. And like a few others I am very bored with the repetition, and the endless chapters of sex...seriously no one has that much sex. And I am one to say a good sex scene can def help a book...but not every three pages. I have gotten to the point where I am skimming them and then moving on so I can at least finish and see what the ending brings.

One reader posted on Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series and I will echo him/her on that one...those are excellent quick reads and if you haven't you definitley should take a chance on them!

Have you read any of Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress books?  If you like Mercy Thompson you'd probably enjoy the Night Huntress series also.  And the sex scenes (there's 1-2 per book) are hot and well written, unlike in Fifty Shades.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/halfway-to-the-grave-jeaniene-frost/1100238945?ean=9780061245084

Inspired Contributor
JenScheil
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah I have read all her books! They are wonderful as well!!!! Have you read the Dark Hunter series....long series but pretty good as well!

keriflur
0 Kudos

JenScheil wrote:

Yeah I have read all her books! They are wonderful as well!!!! Have you read the Dark Hunter series....long series but pretty good as well!

I haven't read these, but I'll put them on my wishlist. Thanks for the recommendation. :smileyhappy: 

Inspired Contributor
JenScheil
0 Kudos

It's by Sherriyln Kenyon...and becareful with the order bc she incorporates her other series's (dream hunter & were hunter) in with the Dark hunter novels! I didn't know that at first and was a littl lost....LOL