New User
ElizabethSwigar
0 Kudos

For your consideration - Middle Reader fantasy based in Slavic mythology

[ Edited ]

I would like to offer for your consideration my NookBook, qi, which is available for 99 cents on B&N. It's been getting really good reviews.

Thirteen-year-old uber-archer Samantha is thrilled to qualify for Xenith, the most prestigious -- and mysterious -- Olympic training facility in the world. Much more than an athletic camp, it's a fantasyland where living dolls and the Baba Yaga abound. Plus there's Dr. Nine, a master alchemist whose magical laboratory is very well guarded indeed. But not all that glitters is Olympic gold. When dangerous secrets -- and spirit sucking vampires -- begin to surface, Sam must fight to expose Xenith's dark underbelly to save her friends and family...if she survives herself.

Here's the link:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/qi/Elizabeth-A-Svigar/e/2940011844577/?itm=1&USRI=svigar+qi

Some reviews:

"I absolutely loved this story. Samantha is an endearing character with a feisty and bold character." - Trishy (Australia)

"It flows fantastic and the voice is strong. This author weaves in all kinds of twists and turns that will keep you on your toes. I would definitely recommmend this book!" - Donna Johnson

"A fast-paced, unique fantasy tour-de-force" - April Hicks

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Re: For your consideration - Middle Reader fantasy based in Slavic mythology

My husband and I enjoy books based on mythology and have to come across one on the slavic mythos. I am going to give it a try.  Btw - how dod you pronounce the title - qi?

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
New User
ElizabethSwigar
0 Kudos

Re: For your consideration - Middle Reader fantasy based in Slavic mythology

Thank you, Colleen! I grew up with Baba Yaga and it surprised me that people haven't incorporated her more into modern fairy tales.

qi can be pronounced a couple of different ways - like "key" or like "tai chi" - I tend to pronounce it like the latter. It's based in the Chinese concept of energy or soul... so I guess I've borrowed from a few different places!

Thank you again for reading it. I hope you like it.

New User
ElizabethSwigar
0 Kudos

Re: For your consideration - Early Young Adult/Late Middle reader fantasy based in Slavic mythology

Hi all,

Just wanted to show off my new cover! :smileyhappy:

Available for 99 cents, or free copies to reviewers.