Distinguished Correspondent
mousetater
0 Kudos

Re: For your consideration, my book, "No Good Deed"

Mary,

I REALLY enjoyed both of your books.  Make sure you let us know when the next one is available.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,995

"No Good Deed": Book of the Day at eReaderNewsToday.com

Can't really add to the subject line. eReaderNewsToday.com — a Kindle-oriented site — has selected No Good Deed as its Book of the Day for April 30th. OK, that was yesterday. Still... congratulations, Mary.

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

Re: "No Good Deed": Book of the Day at eReaderNewsToday.com

Congratulations, Mary.  Well-deserved! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald

I know it's been forever since I've been to this thread, but I just thought I'd share what's been going on in the last month or so. On May 26th, Amazon made No Good Deed free (matching a brief free price on Sony). I had 45,000 downloads of the book! It was crazy! After it went back to being paid, I thought the fun was over, but instead, I had the best month ever and my book's ranking at Amazon even made it as high as #15 in their Kindle store. It was so cool!

I have been trying to figure out a way to get it free here at B&N too, but Pubit won't allow it, so I opted into the distributing my book via Smashwords to B&N, and made it free there. This morning, it went free at B&N, so I'm really happy about that. :-D

I have just taken the Pubit version off sale, but there are still links upthread. Don't click on them! Here is the link to the free version:

http://t.co/YaGIAFE 

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
Inspired Contributor
altreco
0 Kudos

I just downloaded No Good Deed. It looks interesting Mary and I'm looking forward to reading it.  Congratulations by the way on the success you are having!

Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

altreco--Great! I hope you enjoy the book. :smileyhappy:

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Great to see you are having continued success with your books!  Looking forward to reading more from you in the future.

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

Hey Mary!

I just happened to download it recently, I think it was free at the time I did. After finishing a book, I decided to read this one next to see what's the hype...I LOOOOOOVE IT!! :-)   I can't wait to read your other stories. It's my kind of author.  It totally reminds me of Early Edition the TV show, which ironically is set in Chicago. 

Just one tiny error that I noticed thus far - not sure if it can be easily updated for "2nd Edition" though. 

Page 48 - "Stop, you're hurting yourself! Are your crazy?"

I'm a nitpik. :-) Obviously you should know it's "you", not your. 

I look forward in finishing the book and reading your second one. I definitely will pay for that one!

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Book 3 - Deeds of Mercy now on B&N

Yes, resurrecting a very old thread but thought this was a good place to announce that the author has put book three of the Mark Taylor series on B&N;

Deeds of Mercy  

I just downloaded it and it's next in line to be read for me.  The first two won't be available again on B&N until later this year, September I think. 

Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

Re: For your consideration, my book, "No Good Deed" (Book Three now Available)

I am resurrecting this thread to let the Nook users who read the first two books, No Good Deed and March Into Hell, know that I have recently made book three available on Barnes&Noble.

No Good Deed  The first two are no longer here but I expect to have them back up in September. The paperback version of No Good Deed is available through Barnes and Noble (and last I checked, it was cheaper than at Amazon!).

I meant to drop book two from KDP Select in June, but like a bonehead, I clicked the box without thinking. I was rationalizing that without book one, No Good Deed on Nook, there was no point in having book two available, but I forgot about the paperback version. 

Anyway, there were a few readers who seemed to really like the first two books, so I thought I'd just let them know that if they are interested, Deeds of Mercy: Book Three in the Mark Taylor series is out. 

Deeds of Mercy  

No Good Deed
Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

Re: Book 3 - Deeds of Mercy now on B&N

[ Edited ]

I did not see this post, but thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

ETA: This was in reply to sygram's post from a few weeks ago.

No Good Deed
Wordsmith
AnnSheridan

Re: Book 3 - Deeds of Mercy now on B&N

Mary, I read Deeds of Mercy last week. You did it again. You now have three home runs as far as I'm concerned.  I read a lot, many different genres, and your books always rise to the top.

I strongly recommend the Mark Taylor series to those who like a good thriller, with great characters.

Thanks Mary McDonald! :smileyhappy: