New User
rvacprez
0 Kudos

Free Book Download error due to expired credit card - now cant delete

Greetings,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I have a nook, tried to download several free ebooks on 1/1/11, not realizing I did not update my credit card which expired the night before. I have since updated the card and can download new items - but anything i tried to download on 1/1/11 are stuck in limbo and the nook says unable to download due to billing problem. I checked my account at bn.com and while i can see the free ebook order - there is no option to delete - just archive. I tried that and even that did not help.

I tried to re-download these items and it says I already own this book...

Please help - any tips would be appreicated.

JP

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Free Book Download error due to expired credit card - now cant delete

[ Edited ]

You might also want to try posting your question in the Nook Color Technical Support forum.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

You need to call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They're the ones who can work with your account and your purchases.

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

This is a problem with B&N's system.  I had something similar in ordering some ebooks in rapid succession.  Their system approved payment for two books from a gift card that only had funds for one.  One ebook then went through but the other ended up in the limbo your seeing, no way to repurchase/delete/download or anything.  In my case customer service couldn't even help at first.  I had to go to a B&N store, add money to the original gift card (that now had a zero balance) and then call customer service again to have them manually reprocess the order.  That was a bit less than a year ago so hopefully in your case they've added some options to handle situations like this.