Reader
Topsells
0 Kudos

Free Ebook Friday

I have looked but I guess I have overlooked it......Where in the world do you go to sign up  or  just to get the free book and can you go back and get the ones you have missed? I just got my nook today so my library is very small and I thought this might be a good way to start it. Thanks for all the good information I have found here.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Re: Free Ebook Friday

Topsells wrote:

I have looked but I guess I have overlooked it......Where in the world do you go to sign up  or  just to get the free book and can you go back and get the ones you have missed? I just got my nook today so my library is very small and I thought this might be a good way to start it. Thanks for all the good information I have found here.

To see this week's free book, go to the unbound blog in the Book club area.  Go back to the Browse Book Clubs level and scroll down until you find the unbound blog.

You can browse through that to find previous free friday books but they may not necessarily still be free.  Some are free for a limited time only.

You can search eBooks for $0.00 and it will list all of the free ebooks currently available.  You can filter the search on the website using the links at the left or type in $0.00 genre such as $0.00 Mystery to get all the free mystery books.

You can also use inkmesh.com to search for free books at B&N.

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@Topsells:

1.  You don't have to sign up for Free Fridays.  The easiest way to get the free eBook is to go onto your nook, to The Daily page.  The Unbound Blog will be the bottom entry; select that to open the blog entry and follow the directions to search for and download the free eBook.  Alternatively, you can go to the Unbound Blog here on the B&N website; there will be a link in the blog entry for you to download the free eBook.

2.  There is no way to go back and get the Free Fridays selections you have missed.  It is possible that some of them, particularly the most recent ones, may still be free; you would need to go into the old entries on the Unbound Blog from the website, find the names of the Free Fridays selections by searching "Free Fridays," and then search for them individually on the B&N website to see if they are still free.  I don't think you'll have much luck, though, as the Free Fridays selections are usually free for only a limited time.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015

You can find the Unbound Blog in The Daily on your NOOK or here on the forums: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unbound-NOOK-and-NOOK-Apps-Blog/bg-p/Unbound

The Free Friday selections that are still free as I write this:

Scandal Sheet

Buddha

Billy Boyle (Billy Boyle World War II Mystery Series #1)

The Wicked House of Rohan

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

To see this week's free book, go to the unbound blog in the Book club area.  Go back to the Browse Book Clubs level and scroll down until you find the unbound blog.

You can browse through that to find previous free friday books but they may not necessarily still be free.  Some are free for a limited time only.

You can search eBooks for $0.00 and it will list all of the free ebooks currently available.  You can filter the search on the website using the links at the left or type in $0.00 genre such as $0.00 Mystery to get all the free mystery books.

You can also use inkmesh.com to search for free books at B&N.

Inkmesh.com!!! wow thanks for the info!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs