Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Re: L.A. Noir - Free Nookbook Pre-Order

When Graveyards Yawn - The Apocalypse Trilogy  I saw this posted on another thread and thought I would share. It looks interesting a little different.

I tried to copy and paste the synopsis but couldn't make it work.

Inspired Contributor
HK_Varner

The Dead Saint - Free Nookbook

This publisher usually doesn't leave their books free long, so get it while you can.

The Dead Saint  

[Abingdon]

From the publisher

"It begins with a single gunshot, and Bishop Lynn Peterson watches in horror as a good friend, who is a member of the New Orleans Saints, collapses on the street.

When a medal the player wore-a medal Lynn had promised to return to the man's family-disappears, Lynn is thrust into a suspenseful and fast-moving journey through four assassinations, an attempt on her life, conflicts with a mysterious and ancient society, and a behind-the-scenes conspiracy that reaches all the way to the White House.

The turbulent, unstoppable intrigue challenges Lynn mentally, physically, and spiritually as she engages in a desperate battle with an opponent who is just as determined to kill as Lynn is to stop him even though she has no idea where-or who-he will strike next."

Reader 2
TeacherJeni

Re: Free Nookbook

FYI..saw this on Twitter

As a bonus for the long weekend, Beverly Jenkins' charming novel BRING ON THE BLESSINGS is avail for FREE now http://bit.ly/kmAWEB

Bring on the Blessings (Blessings Series #1) with Bonus Materialby Beverly JenkinsNOOK Book (eBook)Available for Download.ISBN-13: 9780062076366Price: $0.00

Contributor
writemommy
0 Kudos

Saw on Facebook that Robert Crais' "The Watchman" shows as free, but I can't get it to download, nor can the person who posted about it.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-watchman/Robert-Crais/e/2940022089134?x=25172605

Inspired Correspondent
moony3424
0 Kudos

writemommy wrote:

Saw on Facebook that Robert Crais' "The Watchman" shows as free, but I can't get it to download, nor can the person who posted about it.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-watchman/Robert-Crais/e/2940022089134?x=25172605

Try again.  I just downloaded it (had to click "Download Now" a couple of time).

Reader 4
wisgirl
0 Kudos

I couldn't get this to download either (after multiple attempts).  Looks like a good book if I could get it to download :-(

Correspondent
iluv2readmynook

Re: L.A. Noir - Free Nookbook Pre-Order

The Variant Effect  

Inspired Contributor
asnow4sure
0 Kudos

The Watchman

I got this one to download and as soon as I signed out and signed back in to download for my Mother it was $7.99!!....so no longer Free

Contributor
ydnam
0 Kudos

It's still showing as free on my computer. The Mass Market Paperback version is coming up at $7.99. Maybe you accidentally clicked on the wrong link?
Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You may want to check your account to be sure you were charged and then call CS.  I just now downloaded the book and there was no charge.

Edit - it did not in fact download.  It shows I 'purchased' for $0.01 with a $0.01 discount and shows up in NOOK for PC but I get an error; "We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time - please try again later. (Download: 1015)"

Inspired Contributor
ilenekm
0 Kudos

ydnam wrote:
It's still showing as free on my computer. The Mass Market Paperback version is coming up at $7.99. Maybe you accidentally clicked on the wrong link?

It is  a digitized version that is free. The ebook from the publisher is $7.99.  Are there issues with copyright on the digitized version?

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook

and of course with the download issues once again the 1 star reviews are flooding in.

"I could not get the FREE book that I invested 2-3 minutes of my day trying to get - think I will review the book with a 1 star that I never did read..."

sorry for venting, I know it is a bit OT, that just really bothers me when I see that I guess.

Frequent Contributor
Jflin

Free Friday is up for this week:

The Winds of Khalakovo 

Synopsis

Among inhospitable and unforgiving seas stands Khalakovo, a mountainous archipelago of seven islands, its prominent eyrie stretching a thousand feet into the sky. Serviced by windships bearing goods and dignitaries, Khalakovo's eyrie stands at the crossroads of world trade. But all is not well in Khalakovo. Conflict has erupted between the ruling Landed, the indigenous Aramahn, and the fanatical Maharraht, and a wasting disease has grown rampant over the past decade. Now, Khalakovo is to play host to the Nine Dukes, a meeting which will weigh heavily upon Khalakovo's future. When an elemental spirit attacks an incoming windship, murdering the Grand Duke and his retinue, Prince Nikandr, heir to the scepter of Khalakovo, is tasked with finding the child prodigy believed to be behind the summoning. However, Nikandr discovers that the boy is an autistic savant who may hold the key to lifting the blight that has been sweeping the islands. Can the Dukes, thirsty for revenge, be held at bay? Can Khalakovo be saved? The elusive answer drifts upon the Winds of Khalakovo...

Frequent Contributor
HELEN1959
0 Kudos

I just downloaded with no problem.

Distinguished Correspondent
mousetater
0 Kudos

HELEN1959 wrote:

Did you open the book to see if you got the whole book or just the overview?  I have the overview, with and option to Download, but the Download consistently fails.

yellowrosetx
0 Kudos

I called customer service about The Watchman.  The person I spoke with tried to download the book too and couldn't.  She said that they would make it a priority and to check back with them in a couple of days.  She did say that there was another version that was $7.99.

Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden

There is another book that is being offered for Free Friday:

Plan B by Joseph Finder: NOOK Book Cover

Joseph Finder - Plan B

Whether you're new to the series or already well-acquainted with the adventures of Finder's private spy protagonist Nick Heller,Plan B  is a must-read. Finder is a master of the thriller novel, and in this short story, he ratchets up the excitement immediately. When Heller is sent to Barcelona to rescue a young girl being held captive in a walled compound, even his formidable talent is put to the test by the state-of-the-art security. But like any great spy, when things go south, he always has a Plan B in place.

If Finder's Nick Heller grabs your attention in this tightly-woven short story, watch for his upcoming novel, Buried Secrets, coming in June.

Happy Friday everyone!

Pinky

javabird
0 Kudos

mousetater wrote:

HELEN1959 wrote:

Did you open the book to see if you got the whole book or just the overview?  I have the overview, with and option to Download, but the Download consistently fails.

I had it in my library from a previous free offer. It never downloaded for me. Never got around to calling CS. I just tried to download it again from my library and it still won't download. There appears to be a problem with this title.

javabird

Blood of My Brother  

Just noticed this one is now free.

Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden
0 Kudos

There have been issues with this book going back as far as Jan. 2011.  You can find where others have had problem's with this ebook if you scroll back through these pages.  

Customer service was no help (spent hours on the phone) and they have never fixed the issue.  It just sits in my online B&N library waiting to be downloaded, but never will.  I wouldn't waste your time trying to get this book, because it will never work.

Pinky:smileyhappy: