Inspired Contributor
asnow4sure

Re: Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

Blue  

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong

Just as a note, this thread was intended not to included the free offerings from Smashwords.

Reader 4
PJMcKinley

.In Doug's first post:

"Everyone should feel free to post here, as long as it's on-topic for free NOOKbooks. If you find a freebie that's not on the list, let us know! If a NOOKbook becomes un-free, let us know! If you want to post Smashwords freebies, go right ahead; I'm not in charge.

Personally, I'm not going to be including routine Smashwords freebies in my postings on this list. Nor some of the perennial freebies, especially from Harlequin. Check the B&N Free NOOKbooks page for those: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free-eBooks/379001668/"

I enjoy seeing a variety of freebies, thanks for all the hard work.

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong

I only said that because the original intent of the thread was to post free books that were not quite so easy to find.  If everyone posted Smashword books, this thread would be overwhelmed.

You guys can do what you want.  As Doug has said many times, "This is not my thread."

I did not want to offend anyone.

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird

Please use the Free Smashwords list to post Smashwords titles:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/Free-Smashword-titles/m-p/1027410/messag...

Contributor
gladmornings

Seeds of Destruction  

City of Dust  

Contributor
gladmornings

Reader
schnappy

Here is a great site to find free or cheap books:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cheap-e-Reads/163454373711210

It's a facebook group that posts any books available for the Nook, from B&N, smashwords, feedbooks, etc. 

B&N Bookseller
Megan_B

[ Edited ]

The Last Boy  

Another free ENHANCED e-book! Just remember these take a while to download depending on connection, and only work with NOOKcolor!

Contributor
wchaudoin

hmmm...

I am a fairly new nook owner and a very new poster, and I feel less than welcome here. You don't make this a very inviting place when everytime you post something someone else comes along and says why you shouldn't. If there are "rules" then post them... otherwise... please don't assume everybody knows what's "allowed".

While this is off topic and I do know that's NOT allowed, I just wanted to apologize for posting the "wrong" free books.... who knew there even was such a thing...

Now that that's out of the way I can't remember if this has been posted this time or not. This book goes free hit and miss but is a very good series if anybody wanted to try it. It is sort of "chick lit" tho.. sorry guys :smileyhappy:

Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Series #1)

Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden

Freebies

Hi,

I wanted to say "Welcome" to all of the new users.  Yes there are some very rude people on this board who act like they own it and part of B&N for that matter, lol.  What they should have said was that there are about 2,000 Smashwords titles and you would just about flood the board listing them, but if you find some that you feel are note worthy then go ahead and post them, but please make note that they are Smashword titles that you are posting.

A gentleman by the name of Doug used to maintain this board and did a wonderful job of doing so.  He would post new free titles by different publishers and keep a running list of those freebies.  Doug would not post Smashwords titles because it would have been so time consuming considering there are so many titles and new ones every day and trying to maintain a list with those included would have been just about impossible.  

Doug hasn't been doing anything with this thread for quite some time now.  Even when he did maintain this thread he would stress "that he didn't own this thread" and people could post any freebie's they wanted, but they would not be included in his list.  I for one don't see the harm in listing any freebie, after all there is not a running list anymore and nothing to maintain.

Pinky:smileyhappy:

Reader 4
plookeytopeka
0 Kudos

Re: Freebies

Thanks Pinky.  I am also new and appreciate that you took the time to explain this.  You are thebomb.com.  :smileywink:

A_Southern_Ladys_Rambling

Free Christian Books

Here is a list that I complied to help. They are the freebook that I have found this month, 

Love Me If You Must 

Craving God 

The Affectionate Adversary 

Prisoner in the Third Cell 

Leadership Prayers 

Journey to the Well 

This Fine Life 

Swan House, The 

The Millennials 

Wild Thing (Winnie the Horse Gentler Series #1) 

Apocalypse Dawn (Left Behind 

Relentless 

Light Of Eidon 

Invisible 

Fools Rush In 

Stuck in the Middle 

Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Series #1)                 

I thought It might help to have this months freebees and a few repeat freebees in one place for the new nook owners. I hope this helps someone find a few good books. 

http://asouthernladysramblings.com/
Contributor
PearlCO
0 Kudos

Re: Free Christian Books

Thanks for the information on free Christian Books.

PearlCO

k2nax
0 Kudos

Re: Free Christian Books

Did anyone else happen to notice that Inkmesh is no longer showing B&N books since about (or exactly per their twitter log) 6/1?

It is better to have loved your nook and lost,
than never to have loved your nook at all.
Inspired Correspondent
SHissong

Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe

[ Edited ]

In time for Father's Day

ManVentions  

Dude, You're Gonna Be a Dad!  

Contributor
bswing
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for posting this list! I downloaded all of them and can't wait to get started reading them!

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining

A "choose your own adventure" eBook for adults! Published by Bowness Books via Smashwords:

The Adventures of Whatley Tupper  by Rudolf Kerkhoven & Daniel Pitts

Lots of strange stuff happening, some wildly divergent threads, and a healthy dose of WTF keep this ebook interesting even after multiple reads.  Will this be the next big trend in ebooks? I sure hope so.
-- J.A. Konrath on Amazon.com

Whatley Tupper is representative of the boundless creativity, raw energy, and just plain sheer fun and entertainment that independent authors are capable of and deserve recognition for.
-- Digital Spotlight Fiction Review 15/09/2010

A "choose-your-own-adventure" for adults, "The Adventures of Whatley Tupper" is a riot...  The stories ranged from silly to downright ridiculous, but I was thoroughly entertained the entire way through.
-- Motherlode 29/09/2010

I think that is why I ultimately enjoyed The Adventures of Whatley Tupper--because it was super weird...  For hours of disgustingly ridiculous fun, the book is a great price.
-- Kate the Book Buff 15/01/2011

For a bunch of laughs and a ton of fun, Whatley Tupper may the perfect choice.
 --BigAl's Books and Pals  8/03/2011 

Contributor
PearlCO
0 Kudos

Thanks Kristy!

PearlCO