Reader 4
bdpCA
0 Kudos

Re: 05/03/12 freebies

Cookbook wouldn't "purchase" for me either, at least using the "Buy Now" button.

Using the link in the HTML code it worked.

The link (for me anyway, hopefully it works for others - please double check the title & cost and all that before confirming) - is:

101 Easy Entertaining Recipes Cookbook

Brian
Frequent Contributor
JRaz

[ Edited ]

I had problems buying the cookbook, too.  Refreshing several times did nothing.  I was able to make it work by right clicking the "Buy Now" button and opening a new window/tab.  I was given the option to purchase it then.

Contributor
Claudine_Thompson
0 Kudos

the cookbook will not download for me either

Reader 4
anodein82

Re: Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

I had problems too with the cookbook, but I right clicked on buy now and opened it in a new window and it worked.  This is something Tech needs to be aware of. 

Distinguished Correspondent
yellowrosetx

5/4/12 Free Friday

This was previously mentioned:

The Billionaire's Curse with Bonus Material  

Overview

Don't miss this special edition of the first book in Richard Newsome's action-packed Archer Legacy series.

In book one, Gerald Wilkins is pretty much your average thirteen-year-old. That is, until he inherits twenty billion pounds, a Caribbean island, a yacht, and three houses from a great-aunt he never knew. But that's not all—because, as we discover, Gerald's great-aunt was murdered. And now it's up to Gerald to find out who did it.

Follow Gerald and his friends Ruby and Sam as they embark on an exciting journey. Then read excerpts from both the second and third adventures and check out awesome behind-the-scenes bonus content.

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Correspondent
ShazInNV

[ Edited ]

The "101" cookbook purchase will also work if you buy it using the "shop"  function on your Nook.

Contributor
kimijeem
0 Kudos

the cookbook will also be able to be purchased if you first get the sample.... then go to your "my nook" and purchase it by mousing over the cover and clicking the buy...weird but true ;-) it's how i did it... just another creative solution to a technical issue ;-)

Distinguished Wordsmith
BorderCollie

05/04/12 freebies

[ Edited ]

Happy Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you)!  No Star Wars, but I think these are first time freebies. 

Blue Moon Bay
by Lisa Wingate

Blue Moon Bay

• ISBN-13: 9781441269966
  • Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
  • Publication date: 2/1/2012

For Seattle architect Heather Hampton, a trip back to tiny Moses Lake, Texas, is hardly in the plan. Yet because a promotion hinges on the sale of the family farmland, Heather heads to the last place she ever wanted to go. She's determined to return home, signed contract in hand, the next day.

But the currents of Moses Lake take visitors on unexpected journeys. As Heather's stay lengthens, she discovers a family steeped in secrets and an unexpected connection to local banker Blaine Underhill, despite his opposition to Heather's project. With each new revelation and question, Heather can't help but wonder if the handsome banker--and the family she has come to know again--are crooks or crusaders. Somehow she must find out the truth before she loses everything she has worked for and everything she's found on the shores of Moses Lake.

Already Home 
by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Already Home

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/already-home-vicki-lewis-thompson/1109483175?ean=9781426834172&itm=1...

Daredevil videographer Langford "Hutch" Hutchinson has put his career on hold to help his widowed father run their family store in Wyoming. He doesn't mean to stay in town for long—though it's long enough to rekindle his lust for Trina Bledstone. Hutch always had a thing for Trina, but she's his best friend's sister—and that meant hands off!

But Trina still has the power to set his pulse racing—and her brother isn't around to stop them from exploring their sizzling chemistry this time….

A Sons of Chance series novella.

Huff and Puff 
by Tish Rabe

Huff and Puff

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/huff-and-puff-tish-rabe/1109723157?ean=9780062111067&itm=1&usri=huff...

• ISBN-13: 9780062111067
  • Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
  • Publication date: 5/1/2012
  • Format: NOOK Kids Read to Me
  • Age range: 4 - 7 Years
  • Series: My First I Can Read

Puff is a caboose and Huff is an engine. These best friends try switching places in this rhythmic story for beginning readers. Features read-to-me audio, perfect for sharing.

Reader 4
jander66
0 Kudos

I'll be honest--I've been trying since 7am to download this cookbook-its now 5:30 pm--and thanks to your hint of 'right clicking' it finally worked!!!  Thank you!!!!

Jill :smileyvery-happy:

Reader 4
scrappinwiz
0 Kudos

thank you it worked :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
JRaz

The Amulet (Custodian Novel # 1)  

Faedra doesn’t know faeries exist, or that they control nature with a book. Nor does she know she’s next in line to protect an ancient fae amulet that controls the weather. She doesn’t realize the book has been stolen, or that the thief wants the amulet and is willing to kill for it. Until now Faedra is blissfully unaware of it all, but she’s about to find out…

Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels   

They've been coming here for thousands of years, using Earth as a sanctuary to escape threats from their own kind. Mankind knows them as angels, and one of them left a child upon her death to be raised as a human.

Raea is now a high school senior, and her life as a human is about to end. The crystal shard she bears is not a pretty pendant; it's a collective of powerful entities who chose her as their Keeper, a protector of one of the four shards that power a machine capable of destroying whole worlds. Those who desire the Starfire's power have sent an agent to find her, but she's too busy evading a nosy reporter ready to exploit her secret and dating a hot new foreign student to notice. Nevermind learning what she really is.

Only one person on Earth can help her, the last person she ever expected. But he's not from Earth. Life as a human would be so much easier.

Grey Eyes (Book One, The Forever Trilogy) 

NEW EDIT 11/1/2011.
15 year old Anastasia Adams has spent her entire life on run. She and her mother have never spent more than 18 months in any one location, often times leaving with just the clothes on their backs. Despite the havoc that this is wreaking on Ana's social and academic life, her mother offers no explanation as to why it is they're constantly moving, or even what it is they're running from. But that all changes one night in the woods of Pelion, SC--the night the terror catches up with them.

Fearing her mother dead, and having barely escaped with her own life, Ana is whisked away to world of privilege and tradition. It’s a fairytale come to life. The poor girl used to living out of a suitcase is now a resident of one of the most exclusive addresses in the world. The people there adore her and she catches the eye of a young guardian who sees her as a refreshing change to the girls he’s grown up with.

If only they could find her mother. If only she knew the consequences of being born a “conjurer.” If only she knew who that green eyed stranger was, who’ll recite to her a past so incredible, and too tragic to be real. In the end, she’ll have to choose between the boy who has captured her heart and the stranger she can feel down in her soul, assuring at least one of them an almost certain death.

Eternal Eden 

College sophomore Bryn Dawson is a self-proclaimed poster child for normal. However, the day William Hayward enters her life, normalcy is the last thing Bryn will be able to count on if she wants to be with him. Too mysterious and appealing to be good for a girl, Bryn feels drawn to him in a way that seems out of her control—as if fate is orchestrating it.

Despite every red flag and warning siren going off in her head telling her not to, Bryn falls hard for William, knowing he’s categorically different from anyone she’s ever met. She never imagined how right she was. When William takes her deeper into the rabbit hole of his world, Bryn must decide just how much she is willing to sacrifice to be with him, knowing no matter what, fate always finds a way to have the last laugh.

Spinning a new twist on star-crossed lovers, Eternal Eden will put Bryn through a gauntlet of turmoil, challenging her to find the power within herself to become the heroine in her own story.

Anathema (Causal Enchantment, #1) 

Evangeline has spent her teenage years in obscurity. Her foster parents have the emotional aptitude of robots and her classmates barely acknowledge her existence. About to turn eighteen and feeling like a social pariah, she is desperate to connect with someone. Anyone.

When Evangeline meets Sofie after literally stumbling upon her café, she believes she’s found that connection. Willing to do anything to keep it, she accepts a job as Sofie’s assistant and drops everything to fly to Manhattan, where she is thrust into a luxurious world of Prada, diamonds, and limitless cash.

With such generosity and kindness, it’s easy for Evangeline to dismiss certain oddities . . . like Sofie’s erratic and sometimes violent behavior, and the monstrous guard dogs. She’s even willing to dismiss her vivid dreams of mob-style murders, beautiful homeless people living in caves, and white-eyed demons that haunt her each night as figments of her imagination—especially when one of those figments is the gorgeous Caden. When she wakes up with bite marks on her neck, the fairy tale quickly turns into a nightmare. She slowly unravels the mystery surrounding Sofie and friends, and the reality of the bites and the “dreams.” What she discovers is far more mysterious and terrible than anything she could have imagined.

In a world where everyone has motive to lie for personal gain, Evangeline must decide which deception is least likely to get her killed.

Glimpse (Zellie Wells #1)   

Frequent Contributor
JRaz

I think I reached the character limit above, so I'm posting the summary for the last book I listed right here.

Glimpse (Zellie Wells #1)   

Zellie Wells has a devastating crush on Avery Adams, the son of her mom’s high school sweetheart. At her sixteenth birthday party, held in the basement of her dad’s church, she finally finds the courage to talk to him. Turns out, the devastating crush is mutual.

As Avery takes her hand and leads her out onto the makeshift dance floor, Zellie is overwhelmed by her first vision of his death; shocking because not only are they both covered in his blood, but they’re old, like thirty-five, and she is pregnant.

Afraid to tell anyone about the vision, (she’d just be labeled a freaky black magic witch, right?) Zellie keeps the knowledge of Avery’s future to herself and tries to act like any other teenager in love. When they get caught on their way to a secret rendezvous by her mom and his dad, they are forbidden to see each other.

Convinced that their parents are freaking out unnecessarily, Avery and Zellie vow to be together no matter what. They continue their relationship in secret until Zellie learns that their parents are just trying to prevent her and Avery from suffering like they did. The visions are hereditary, they’re dangerous, and if they stay together the visions will come true.

Now Zellie must choose between severing all ties with Avery, like her mom did to prevent his father’s death, and finding a way to change Avery’s future. 

javabird

Those all appear to be Smashwords titles...

Not to rehash the discussion, (if you're curious just read back a ways in this thread) but just as a reminder to newbies to this thread, it is requested to include the publisher in your post, and especially to mention if they are Smashwords titles; since those, while not forbidden, are discouraged in this thread (and please note there is a separate thread for Smashwords titles). Thank you..

Smashwords titles worth considering:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/Smashwords-freebies-worth-considering/m-...

Free Smashwords titles:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/Free-Smashword-titles/m-p/1027410/messag...

Frequent Contributor
JRaz
0 Kudos

Sorry about that!  Although I just recently joined, I've been reading this thread for a while so I was aware that Smashwords books has a separate thread.  The problem was, I didn't check the publisher before I posted.  I'll be more careful next time.  I saw they were free and they seemed interesting, and I guess I was a tad hasty.  :smileyembarrassed:

Just out of curiosity, why do free Smashwords books have a separate thread?  

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

The reason Smashwords is treated separately is that some people choose to browse its content and some prefer to avoid it totally. It is, at heart, a self-publishing operation. Anyone can publish through it, which means some of it's content can be very good and some is atrocious. The ease of digital publishing means that anyone, and I do mean anyone, can be a published author.
Frequent Contributor
JRaz
0 Kudos

I see.  That makes sense.  Thank you!

KennaS

[ Edited ]

Also, all posts that do not contain a free book should go here.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/The-Official-OT-Free-NOOKbook-summary-th...

If youre having problems downloading a book or anything we can better help you there since people are reluctant to post Off Topic comments in this thread. 

It also helps if you feel that something needs to be said in this thread that you have a free book to post along with it so it helps us to stay on topic. Nothing like logging in and seeing that in 25 new posts there is 1 free book! LOL :smileywink:

edit: Aslo about the smashwords titles, sometimes publishers have been known to republish out of print paper backs via smashwords. I have posted these in the past but have always made a notation that they are being republished by an actual publisher using smashwords and not an individual.

Sorry if this has already been posted...

Seven Minutes in Heaven (Naughty Games, Book One)  

Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.

In honor of her friend's birthday, Bev Navarro does something she swore never to do again, enter Holden Lancaster's home. At one time the two had been part of a close-knit group of friends, but that all changed thanks to one game of Seven Minutes in Heaven.

Holden can't understand why Bev is avoiding him. He can only hope tonight's festivities will give them the time needed to mend old wounds. But one look at her face tells him he's in for a night of disappointments.

The birthday surprise is on them though, because they're receiving a gift neither will ever forget. The stopwatch is going, and the only question is, will they make the same mistake the second time around?

God changes appearances every second. Blessed is the man who can recognize him in all his disguises. One moment he is a glass of fresh water, the next, your son bouncing on your knees or an enchanting woman, or perhaps merely a morning walk.-Nikos Kazantzakis
Distinguished Wordsmith
BorderCollie

There are several FREE samplers on the Nook promo list today. Rather than post them all here, I'll just post the link for the promo page: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/nook-promo-books?sort=PA&size=24&keyword=nook+promo+books&store=eboo...
Reader 4
fancyfrancy
0 Kudos

Here's another freebie that sounds decent.

Midnight Sun  

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

fancyfrancy wrote:

Here's another freebie that sounds decent.

Midnight Sun  

Again, Smashwords.