06-02-2012 05:32 AM - edited 06-02-2012 05:37 AM
by Dee Tenorio
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Category: Contemporary Romance
A Rancho Del Cielo Romance
He’s never lost a bet in his life but she’s playing for keeps!
Cassandra Bishop’s boyfriend is back. Only problem is…she doesn’t want anything to do with him. Or his new fiancée. What the confirmed tomboy would like is to wring his neck. She might have done it, too, if he hadn’t filled her in on the embarrassing truth that he’d left her at the altar because she wasn’t woman enough to satisfy him. Her pride nearly settled for punching him in the nose…until she thought of something better—proving him wrong.
High on Burke Hallifax’s list of cataclysmic nightmares is having to look at his best friend as a real female. But when her ex-fiancé makes his wedding a personal vendetta against Cass, Burke has no choice but to bet everything on her ability to out hot-girl the competition. Unfortunately, the entire town is betting as well—on whether Burke and Cass can pull off the makeover of the century…without losing their hearts in the process.
06-02-2012 05:08 PM
by Steven Raichlen
- ISBN-13: 9780761173557
- Publisher: Workman Publishing Company, Inc.
- Publication date: 5/28/2012
Plain old burgers? No such thing. With Raichlen's Burgers, the doors to burger mastery are flung wide open. There’s the all-American version (seasoned with little more than salt and pepper), but there’s also a New Mexican Green Chile Burger, an Herb Butter Burger, a Oaxacan-Spiced Turkey Burger, a veggie burger and a tuna burger. It’s 25 of the world’s best—featuring the Really Big Bosnian Burger!—from bestselling Barbecue! Bible author Steven Raichlen.
Burger heaven awaits.
06-03-2012 04:30 PM
06-03-2012 04:40 PM - edited 06-03-2012 04:44 PM
06-03-2012 10:02 PM - edited 06-03-2012 10:08 PM
by Tom Pawlik
- Series: 7 Hours
- ISBN-13: 9781414374970
- Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
- Publication date: 4/13/2012
In each installment of 7 Hours, a character is visited by the enigmatic Thomas Constant, who makes a heart-stopping statement: “You are about to die. But you may choose from one of three options: Live seven more hours, travel back in time and relive seven hours, or accept the inevitable and die now.”
New York City cabdriver Adrian Colfax awakens one night muttering a mysterious string of numbers and with the fragments of a bizarre dream in his head. He can’t shake the feeling there’s something he’s supposed to do. Something very important. He just can’t remember what it is.
Through a series of haunting visions, Adrian comes to believe he's been transported back in time to prevent the violent murder of the girl he loved. But he also learns that saving Kate could result in something even more catastrophic.
The clock is ticking. What will you do with the time you have left?
06-04-2012 10:03 AM
Whitaker House / 2007 / ePub
Revell / 2012 /
David C. Cook / 2011
NAV Press / 2010
David C. Cook / 2012
06-04-2012 01:17 PM - edited 06-04-2012 01:20 PM
06-04-2012 01:47 PM - edited 06-04-2012 01:50 PM
First one is a repeat, second one might be first time free.
Trading on Corporate Earnings News: Profiting from Targeted, Short-Term Options Positions
by John Shon, Ping Zhou
- ISBN-13: 9780132615853
- Publisher: Pearson Education
- Publication date: 3/23/2011
Profit from earnings announcements, by taking targeted, short-term option positions explicitly timed to exploit them! Based on rigorous research and huge data sets, this book identifies the specific earnings-announcement trades most likely to yield profits, and teaches how to make these trades—in plain English, with real examples!
Trading on Corporate Earnings News is the first practical, hands-on guide to profiting from earnings announcements. Writing for investors and traders at all experience levels, the authors show how to take targeted, short-term option positions that are explicitly timed to exploit the information in companies’ quarterly earnings announcements. They first present powerful findings of cutting-edge studies that have examined market reactions to quarterly earnings announcements, regularities of earnings surprises, and option trading around corporate events. Drawing on enormous data sets, they identify the types of earnings-announcement trades most likely to yield profits, based on the predictable impacts of variables such as firm size, visibility, past performance, analyst coverage, forecast dispersion, volatility, and the impact of restructurings and acquisitions. Next, they provide real examples of individual stocks–and, in some cases, conduct large sample tests–to guide investors in taking advantage of these documented regularities. Finally, they discuss crucial nuances and pitfalls that can powerfully impact performance.
Insights from Remarkable Businesspeople (Collection)
by FT Press Delivers
- ISBN-13: 9780132489652
- Publisher: Pearson Education
- Publication date: 7/15/2010
A brand new collection of essential insights for your business and career from world-renowned experts...now in a convenient e-format, at a great price!
Get it straight from the top: secrets only the world's best leaders can tell you!
What it takes to lead your team to greatness! Outstanding leaders tell you how to identify and fix even the biggest problems...get buy-in that's real...balance external customers and internal processes...infuse creativity throughout your organization, and reinvent its future...get results, not salutes!
From world-renowned leaders and experts, including Captain D. Michael Abrashoff, Jim Champy, Fred Wiersema, Dean LeBaron, Michael F. Golden, Gary Hirshberg, and many more.
06-04-2012 04:46 PM
by Bonnie Blythe
- BN ID: 2940011196065
- Publisher: Bonnie Blythe, via Smashwords
- Publication date: 7/27/2010
In a small Oregon community, Sara Andersen finds herself in possession of an old farmhouse needing renovations. Brian Farris is a builder who is new in town, but intimately acquainted with Sara. His purpose is not to restore only the house, but his relationship with her. The only problem is that Sara doesn't believe Brian has undergone any soulful renovations of his own. A Christian romance.
06-04-2012 06:22 PM - edited 06-04-2012 06:27 PM
Note the reader advisory in the description for the second book.
Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Dip & Spread Recipes
by Gooseberry Patch
- ISBN-13: 9781612810522
- Publisher: Gooseberry Patch, LLC
- Publication date: 6/7/2011
Dips and spreads for every occasion! Try Robert’s Corn Dip, Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball, Vickie’s Favorite Guacamole and Undefeated Bacon Cheese Dip!
Burning Hunger (Twilight's Possession, Book One)
by Tawny Taylor
- ISBN-13: 9781419910548
- Publisher: Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.
- Publication date: 4/20/2007
- Series: Twilight's Possession
Book 1 in the Twilight's Possession series.
Reader Advisory: Contains a scene of male/male sexual interaction.
Private detective Brea Maguire is on her first case, tracking down a stolen statue - the Sacred Triad - before it's buried in the black market. Unfortunately today - Friday the Thirteenth - isn't her day. Being kidnapped from the mall by a pair of bizarre guys who put the Chippendales to shame didn't figure into her new career plans.
Dayne and Marek have their own problems. Dayne, forced into a blood-bond with Marek, his sworn enemy, sees his chance to exact vengeance for his family's slaughter slip away. For Marek, the blood-bond with Dayne may be too late. His enemies have learned the secret of the Triad, which holds the only hope for a cure for his dying brother, the king.
Marek can help Brea find the Triad and use it to save his brother's life, but only if she too enters the blood-bond. The burning hunger that accompanies it is a major complication none of them anticipated.
Two men, one woman and a driving sexual hunger that none can resist, in a race against time to save one man-or destroy thousands.
by Lorie O'Clare
- ISBN-13: 9781419906077
- Publisher: Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.
- Publication date: 4/26/2006
- Series: Werewolves of Malta Series
Book 1 in the Werewolves of Malta series.
Bruno Tangaree has a mission. With his guidance and strength, the Werewolves of Malta will know more glory than any pack on Earth. And he's chosen his mate-the only woman who not only makes him burn with hunger, but who can match his special gift-to run by his side as he leads his kind. It's time to run his little lady to ground.
Renee has fled from her sire, angry, hating the knowledge that he'd agree to a mating for the money and prestige it would bring his den. He has sold her like a piece of chattel, and she won't stand for it.
When Bruno, the rogue werewolf no den would approve of, approaches her, she's terrified and excited at the same time. Strong, determined, dark and sexy, he's been the source of more fantasies than she can count. But now he knows her darkest secret, and seduces her so quickly she forgets the meaning of the word no.
Bruno shows her that by mastering the elements, developing and sharing their gifts will make them the strongest werewolves ever to walk this planet.
06-04-2012 06:29 PM - edited 06-04-2012 06:30 PM
by Jerry Weissman
- ISBN-13: 9780133065299
- Publisher: Pearson Education
- Publication date: 7/7/2005
Jerry Weissman has made a career of coaching nearly 500 execs on their IPO roadshows, the most critical presentations of their lives. Now, he's written an indispensable guide to answering the toughest questions you'll ever face. Using compelling examples from Presidential debates to stock analyst meetings, Weissman teaches how to respond with perfect assurance. Discover how to avoid the defensive, evasive, or contentious answers that have destroyed political careers and ruin credibility. Learn to control your entire exchange with a hostile questioner: the question, answer, interactions with questioner and audience, timing, and above all, yourself. Whether an executive, politician, fundraiser, interviewee, teacher, student—or even a family member at Thanksgiving dinner—you're judged on how you handle these moments. Get this book: handle them brilliantly.
06-04-2012 11:09 PM
From NookLove on Facebook:
Still Life With Murder (Nell Sweeney Mysteries, Book 1)
Publisher: Patricia Ryan
Still Life With Murder is Book #1 of P.B. Ryan’s acclaimed historical mystery series featuring Boston governess Nell Sweeney and opium-smoking former battle surgeon Will Hewitt. Thought to have died during the Civil War, Will is arrested for murder, and Nell must prove his innocence. Originally published by Berkley Prime Crime.
From Nook Books That I Find That Are Free on Facebook:
Publisher: London, Methuen & co., ltd
06-05-2012 09:41 AM
Having endured years of an abusive marriage, Grace Evans finally walks out on her loveless marriage and boards a train for York. Within hours of arriving in the ancient city, her life is changed forever by a portrait in her hotel room.
06-05-2012 02:36 PM
06-05-2012 06:15 PM
Nook Book "Limited Time" Freebie List - 6/5/2012
New items are in bold and followed by 3 asterisks. Please make sure that the price is what you expect it to be before hitting "Buy".
- Dead Drop (St. Martin's) (12/30)
- Darkhouse (Metal Blonde) (4/5)
- Harlequin Holiday Collection (Harlequin) (12/1)
- The Scargill Cove Case Files (Penguin) (12/8)
- Triple Threat (Harlequin) (12/13)
- Fools Rush In (Baker) (1/5)
- A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance (Harlequin) (2/1)
- The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Harlequin) (2/20)
- Hooked (Harlequin) (4/3)
- Maxwell's Smile (Harlequin) (4/3)
- No One But You (Harlequin) (4/3)
- Already Home (Harlequin) (5/4)
- Three Motives for Murder (Medallion ) (6/1) (***)
- A Lost Touch of Bliss (Medallion ) (6/1) (***)
- Predestined (Medallion ) (6/1) (***)
- Betting Hearts (Samhain) (6/2) (***)
- The Duchess of Love (Kensington) (6/3) (***)
- Burning Hunger (Ellora's Cave) (6/4) (***)
- Elements Unbound (Ellora's Cave) (6/4) (***)
- New Digital Media and Learning as an Emerging Area and ''Worked Examples'' as One Way Forward (MIT Press) (11/11)
- She Drives Me Crazy (St. Martin's) (4/18)
- Countdown (A Joe Ledger Short Story) (St. Martin's) (3/2)
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards (Random House) (12/14)
- Hawaii or The Caribbean? (Lonely Planet) (2/1)
- Recession Busting Britain (Lonely Planet) (3/23)
Cooking, Food & Wine
- Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Brownie & Bar Recipes (Gooseberry ) (5/28)
- Raichlen's Burgers (Workman) (6/2) (***)
- Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Dip & Spread Recipes (Gooseberry Patch) (6/4) (***)
Exercise & Fitness
- Get-Fit Guy's Secrets to a Better Workout (St. Martin's) (4/3)
- Full-Blooded Fantasy (Simon & Schuster) (11/13)
- Tortured (Roaring Brook Press) (12/8)
- 11:15: The Making of a Halfling (Zondervan) (12/15)
- Penguin Classics (Penguin) (2/23)
- Blood, Sweat and Tears (HarperCollins) (2/2)
- Priced to Move (Baker) (12/1)
- To Love Anew (Baker) (12/28)
- Fools Rush In (Baker) (3/22)
- Last Temptation (Kensington ) (5/29)
- Changes of Heart (Baker) (6/1)
- Gods and Kings (Baker) (6/1)
- Jenna's Cowboy (Baker) (6/1)
- Making Waves (Baker) (6/1)
- Paper Roses (Baker) (6/1)
- Loving Liza Jane (Whitaker) (6/3) (***)
- Loving Liza Jane (Whitaker) (6/4) (***)
- Glamorous Illusions (David C. Cook) (6/4) (***)
- Lady Blue (Medallion ) (6/2) (***)
- Haunted Love (Candlewick Press) (12/7)
- Photographs & Phantoms (Abingdon) (3/8)
- The Frenzy Way (Medallion) (5/2)
Science Fiction & Fantasy
06-05-2012 06:15 PM
- Spain and Peace (Open Road) (12/30)
Computers & Internet
- Big Data Now (O'Reilly) (10/21)
- What Is Node? (O'Reilly) (10/21)
- What Is Node? (O'Reilly) (10/21)
- HTML5 for Publishers (O'Reilly) (10/27)
- What Is EPUB 3? (O'Reilly) (10/28)
- Building eCommerce Applications (Computers & Internet) (10/28)
- What's New in Flash Player 11 (O'Reilly) (12/13)
- What's New in Adobe AIR 3 (O'Reilly) (12/13)
- Accessible EPUB 3 (O'Reilly) (2/23)
- The Dark Lifer's Revenge (Llewellyn) (2/7)
- Retro Demonology (Demon Trappers Series) (St. Martin's) (3/8)
- Beasts and BFFs (13 to Life Series) (St. Martin's) (3/8)
- Kaplan New GRE (Kaplan) (10/21)
Barnes & Noble Classics
- Wuthering Heights (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Scarlet Letter (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Tale of Two Cities (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Jane Eyre (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Three Musketeers (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Gulliver's Travels (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Don Quixote (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Dubliners (Barnes & Noble) (1/26)
Mystery & Thrillers
- The Aimee Leduc Companion (Soho Press) (2/16)
- Letters to a Soldier (St. Martin's) (2/21)
- Deadly Aim (Baker) (5/1)
- Girls to the Rescue Book #1 -- 1 free story (Meadowbrook)
- Between the Panels (First Second)
- Ripley's Bureau of Investigation 1 (Ripley Publishing) (12/8)
- Huff and Puff (HarperCollins) (5/4)
- Club College (Kaplan) (10/21)
- Harvard Envy (Kaplan) (10/21)
- Brand Like A Rock Star (Live Oak)
- Rethink: Key Concepts (Pearson)
- The Do's and Don'ts of Holiday Parties (St. Martin's)
- Winning the Zero Moment of Truth - ZMOT (Vook) (11/6)
- The Myth of the Garage And Other Minor Surprises (Crown) (11/11)
- Officers Weep (Faber and Faber)
- Orientation (Faber and Faber)
- Temporary Stories (Faber and Faber)
- The Bridge (Faber and Faber)
- Haunted Destiny (St. Martin's) (11/24)
- Fallen from Grace: A Bonus Dark Mirror Short Story (St. Martin's) (2/21)
- The Burned Tower (Doherty, Tom Associates) (4/7)
Religion & Spirituality
- 2012 and Beyond (Kabbalah Centre Books) (12/7)
- The NIV Gospel of John (Abingdon) (2/16)
- Modern Buddhism - The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - Volume 1 Sutra (Tharpa) (4/20)
- Modern Buddhism - The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - Volume 2 Tantra (Tharpa) (4/20)
- Modern Buddhism - The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - Volume 3 Prayers for Daily Practice (Tharpa) (4/20)
- CEB Common English Bible Psalms (Common English Bible) (5/16)
- CEB Common English Bible Acts of the Apostles (Common English Bible) (5/16)
- Recollection (Tyndale) (6/3) (***)
- Let God Change Your Life (David C. Cook) (6/4) (***)
- Cool Beans (NavPress) (6/4) (***)
- What a Son Needs From His Dad (Bethany House) (6/5) (***)
- That's My Teenage Son (Revell) (6/5) (***)
- Clever John (Center Street)
- The Wall: Reshuffle the deck (MyAppitude)
- Bernhard Schlink on Writing The Weekend and the Short Story ''The Little Fling'' (Vook) (12/21)
- Orchard Street, Dawn (Picador) (4/7)
- Swim (Atria) (5/8)
Biographies & Memoirs
- The Incredible Tito (Open Road) (12/16)
- Building Data Science Teams (O'Reilly) (10/21)
- PCAT Prep for the New CBT (Kaplan) (10/23)
- The Cerebellum (FT Press) (6/4) (***)
- Tomorrow Is Today (St. Martin's) (3/6)
- Fatal Destiny (Carina Press) (3/7)
- Girls to the Rescue-Free story: Tulia! (Meadowbrook) (3/9)
- Newfangled Fairy Tales-Free story: Little Bad Wolf and Red Riding Hood (Meadowbrook) (3/9)
Business & Investing
- Trading on Corporate Earnings News (Pearson) (6/4) (***)
- Insights from Remarkable Businesspeople (Pearson) (6/4) (***)
- In the Line of Fire (Pearson) (6/4) (***)
- Ring of Flowers: A Novella (Skyhorse) (4/7)
06-05-2012 08:22 PM - edited 06-05-2012 08:25 PM
by Bernie Krause
- ISBN-13: 9780316224482
- Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
- Publication date: 3/19/2012
Bernie Krause is one of the world's experts in natural sound. In this sound-enhanced eBook short, we take a glimpse into his new book, THE GREAT ANIMAL ORCHESTRA, an intensely personal narrative of life as it hits the ears, and of the planet's deeply connected natural sounds and music. This short focuses on wild sounds of the earth.
Krause shows that just as streetlights drown out the stars, human noise is vanishing the sounds of nature--and the very soundscapes that help us understand how wild sound and music connect.
THE GREAT ANIMAL ORCHESTRA is based on a lifetime of study and thousands of hours of the author's recordings of the wild. This short opens up just a bit of it, in words and rich sound.
(PS - there are 4 versions of this if you search by name, all free, but this one had the cover image like the for sale Nook book, so I thought it was probably the best version.)
06-06-2012 08:57 AM