Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

Re: 10/8/2013 - Updated "Limited Time" Freebie List

Please forgive my ignorance, but how is it possible for a pirated copy to be placed in the B&N store?
Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob

It looks like it was placed on Archive.Org (where apparently anyone can place something for download) and then listed with B&N (by an individual, not the publisher;similar to the way PubIt works). The listing points to the download at archive.org and probably worked for the first people that tried it, until archive.org deleted the listing.

Who knows how long ago that was (or why B&N doesn't delete the listings), but I've seen this several times in the B&N store. I was on a tablet earlier and could not follow the links, as I just did.

Anyway, those who tried to get this particular books should just delete it from their library (you can't read it, so the entry is just cluttering your listings), as I just did.

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
javabird

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder why BN doesn't remove these inappropriate listings.
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free 10/10/2013

Savage Destiny (The Hearts of Liberty Series, Book 1)

by Phoebe Conn

Publisher: ePublishing Works!

Hunter is a Seneca brave and a renown scout for the Virginia Militia. But a white-woman's betrayal sent him back to his Seneca ways, with a vow to never return.

Alanna Barclay lost her family in an Indian raid. When her cousin gives birth to a half-breed baby, then dies, Alanna faces a choice: turn her back on the motherless child or convince his Seneca father to claim the babe as his own.

Hunter wants nothing to do with the infant; a painful remainder of his white-mother's betrayal. But Alanna's compassion and bravery is seeping into Hunter's heart, forcing him to face a love he'd rather deny.

Previously Titled: Beloved

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free 10/11/2013

Caribou Crossing

By Susan Fox

Publisher: Kensington

yellowrosetx

Free Friday 10.11.13

Darkness Before Dawn  

Overview
On the same night she discovers she is pregnant, twenty-eight-year-old nurse Meg
Richards’ husband is killed in an auto accident caused by a drunken teen. James
Thomas, the teen, comes from one of the most influential families in the community.
He’s a star athlete and glamour boy at the local high school. Angered by her senseless loss, Meg blames God for what has happened and considers a decision that could change her life even further—until the D.A. intervenes.
The results of the brutal trial enrage Meg, leading her down a frightening path of retribution. When the opportunity for revenge comes unexpectedly, will Meg follow through? Or will the remnants of her faith lead her in a different direction?

• Publisher: Abingdon Press
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free 10/11/2013

[ Edited ]

Home Run

by Travis Thrasher

Publisher: Cook, David C.

The Island After

by Bennett Madison

Publisher: Strange Loop

Novella

Remember that Nice Lady who Used to Make Homemade Peanut Brittle? She's Dead.

by Tom Oatmeal, Brad Lamers ( Illustrator)

Publisher: Wolf Literary Systems

Humor    

Distinguished Wordsmith
spec

10/11/2013 - Updated "Limited Time" Freebie List

Nook Book "Limited Time" Freebie List - 10/11/2013

New items are in bold and followed by 3 asterisks. Please make sure that the price is what you expect it to be before hitting "Buy".

The latest Perennial Freebie List is located here.

Fiction

Contemporary fiction

Erotica

Horror

Romance

Mystery & Thrillers

Humor

Suspense

Travel

Fantasy

Religion & Spirituality

Cooking, Food & Wine

Contemporary Fiction

Distinguished Wordsmith
spec

Re: 10/11/2013 - Updated "Limited Time" Freebie List

Children's eBooks

Animal Care & Pets

Biographies & Memoirs

Science

Religious Fiction

Comics & Graphic Novels

Children's Books

Science Fiction & Fantasy

Nonfiction

Business & Investing

Historical fiction

Scribe
Froide

Nook Snaps Original (freebie) published 10/10/2013 - The 3D Printed Gun

The 3D Printed Gun  

The first publication to tell the full story of Cody Wilson and the 3D-printed gun, from the early days of Defense Distributed to the testing of printed rifle magazines, the launch of the Liberator gun, and the political controversy that followed. Built from journalist Kyle Chayka’s series of exclusive interviews with Wilson as well as his collaborators and opponents, the ebook analyzes how the gun has changed the future of 3D printing by attracting media attention and government regulation.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
Scribe
Froide

Free Christmas Fiction Sampler

Free Christmas Fiction Sampler - eBook [ePub]  by Barbara CameronVannetta ChapmanAce CollinsJennifer AlLeeMyra Johnson

Overview
Heartwarming Christmas Novels
There is nothing better than cozying up to the fireplace with a good book in hand, a warm drink in your mug, and the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree in the background.
Find the perfect Christmas book in this beautiful sampler of holiday novels from
Abingdon Press. Enjoy FREE chapters from six titles from popular and bestselling authors Barbara Cameron, Vannetta Chapman, Myra Johnson, and Jennifer AlLee. Like what you read? The full copy of each of these books is just a click away. 
This sampler features chapters from...

Annie’s Christmas Wish
The Christmas Quilt
The
Christmas Star
Wild Goose-Chase Christmas
A Simple Amish
Christmas
One ImPerfect Christmas

Read More
Product Details
  • ISBN-13: 9781426786983
  • Publisher: Abingdon Press
  • Publication date: 9/3/2013
  • Sold by: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 7,212
  • File size: 3 MB
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
Contributor
olemoney

Re: Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free 10/13/2013

Chasing Mona Lisa

By Tricia Goyer,  

Publisher: Baker

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Re: Free 10/13/2013

Good Eating's Best of the Best

Great Recipes of the Past Decade from the Chicago Tribune Test Kitchen

Good Eating's Creative Pasta

Healthy and Unique Recipes for Meals, Sides, and Sauces  

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Preorder

[ Edited ]

Girl Least Likely to Marry

By Amy Andrews

Publisher: Harlequin

Release Date: 10/15/2013

Reader 4
lunatikchik
0 Kudos

I wonder if this is why one of my companies books is listed on B&N? I emailed B&N and never received a response from them. As we did not authorize the distribution of any of our books to online retailers. We run our own bookstore, with both softcover and e-books.......

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1

@lunatikchik
1. You are not posting this info in the correct forum (if this is true).
2. If you have a company and did not authorize distribution then you need your companies lawyer to contact the legal and distribution depts at BN to find out who submitted the book to BN.

It appears as though you do not know how to run a business...
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free 10/14/2013

Welcome to Last Chance (A Place to Call Home Book #1)

by Cathleen Armstrong

Publisher: Baker  

Scribe
TarHeelGirl00

Free NOOKbook - Expires Tuesday

Distinguished Wordsmith
BorderCollie

free 10/14/13 (don't think one has been posted)

That's a Great Question  

That's a Great Question: What to Say When Your Faith Is Questioned

• ISBN-13:9781434766755
  • Publisher: Cook, David C.
  • Publication date: 1/1/2010
  • Pages: 256
  • File size: 512 KB

Is the Bible really true? How can I prove it? This book is especially helpful for newer Christians just coming to grips with the implications of the gospel in all areas of their lives.

What do you say when someone at work asks you why the gospel stories differ? How do you answer your neighbor when she asks what you think about all those "errors" in the Bible? Glenn Pearson offers simple, accessible principles that provide any Christian with the tools he or she needs to confidently respond to skeptical inquiries.