Wordsmith
darkangel_1988

Re: Free Promo NOOKbook summary - January 6, 2011

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005

Perennial free NOOKbooks (not samples)

As I mentioned, I'm bringing over the three NOOKkids Read-To-Me NOOKcolor NOOKbooks from the promo list. It looks like they're going to be perennials. I've also had to drop His Lady Mistress from the Harlequin list because it's not longer available at any price.

Here's a list of NOOKbooks that seem to always be free, so I don't include them on my promos list. Here again, I'm not including the Smashwords titles because there are about 2000 of those and I'm too lazy to put them all here. I'm also leaving off free samples and excerpts.

Most of these are romances and/or shorts. A few are reportedly teasers, and probably shouldn't be on this list.

From Sterling/B&N, NOOKkids Read-to-Me NOOKbooks for the NOOKcolor:

From Harlequin and its imprints:

From Samhain (read the cautionary notes):

From Ellora's Cave:

From Hachette:

From Random House:

From Macmillan publishers:

From Hyperion (Disney):

From A&E Television:

From MPS:

From Lonely Planet:

Reference works from MobileRead (these are mostly short excerpts promoting paid versions, but probably useful on their own):

Bibles:

Doug_Pardee

Free Promo NOOKbook summary - January 7, 2011

I did move the three NOOKcolor Read-to-Me freebies to my "perennial" list. I'm not including Reaper on the Free Fridays list because it's on my list of perennial freebies; it's been free since December 1st and shorts and novellas tend to stay free. Thanks to darkangel_1988 and to Books on the Knob for their assistance.

A reminder: the Kaplan freebies are scheduled to expire on Monday. If there's any you want, grab them. Some of these have some breathtaking prices if you have to pay retail for them.

This is my list of limited-time promotional NOOKbooks. I'm just listing the titles, without the covers. You can mouse over the title to see the cover if you want.

I've put the publisher's name in [brackets], which might give you a clue about the content. Zondervan, Tyndale House, Thomas Nelson, and Abingdon are Christian-oriented publishers. Samhain titles tend to have adult content, and are about the only free promotional titles available to Canadians. Galaxy publishes L. Ron Hubbard's books.

FREE FRIDAYS still available:

Free since 12/15/2010 or earlier:

Other FREE NOOKbooks:

Free since 01/07/2011:

Free since 01/06/2011:

Free since 01/05/2011:

Free since 01/04/2011:

Free since 01/03/2011:

Free since 01/01/2011:

Free since 12/31/2010:

Free since 12/26/2010:

Free since 12/21/2010:

Free since 12/15/2010:

Free since 12/10/2010 or earlier:

Free since 12/02/2010:

Free since 11/29/2010:

Free since 11/16/2010:

My list of perennially FREE NOOKbooks: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKbook-Discussion/Free-NOOKbook-summary-thread-please-no-OT...

B&N's FREE NOOKbook page: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free-eBooks/379001668

Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob

Re: Free Promo NOOKbook summary - January 7, 2011

Doug,

They have extended the Kaplan sale until the 17th!

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
Doug_Pardee

No longer free

Contributor
I_love_nookbooks
0 Kudos

Re: Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

Thank you for this thread.  I have downloaded some great books. I can't wait to get started on them.

Contributor
SaraBoBera
0 Kudos

Re: Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

[ Edited ]

Thank you for all your links.  Before I find them - they are already posted here.  I love that!

Doug_Pardee

Free Promo NOOKbook summary - January 8, 2011

This is my list of limited-time promotional NOOKbooks. I'm just listing the titles, without the covers. You can mouse over the title to see the cover if you want.

I've put the publisher's name in [brackets], which might give you a clue about the content. Zondervan, Tyndale House, Thomas Nelson, and Abingdon are Christian-oriented publishers. Samhain titles tend to have adult content, and are about the only free promotional titles available to Canadians. Galaxy publishes L. Ron Hubbard's books.

Other FREE NOOKbooks:

Free since 01/07/2011:

Free since 01/06/2011:

Free since 01/05/2011:

Free since 01/04/2011:

Free since 01/03/2011:

Free since 01/01/2011:

Free since 12/26/2010:

Free since 12/21/2010:

Free since 12/15/2010:

Free since 12/02/2010:

Free since 11/29/2010:

Free since 11/16/2010:

My list of perennially FREE NOOKbooks: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKbook-Discussion/Free-NOOKbook-summary-thread-please-no-OT...

Doug_Pardee

No longer free

Distinguished Correspondent
rerose1975

Aedyn Chronicles

The Aedyn Chronicles 

I inserted my first book into a post!  This looked interesting to me.  It isn't free on Amazon and just popped up for me this morning.

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Re: Aedyn Chronicles

[ Edited ]

Here's another free one from Zondervan -- don't know if it's new, or one that somehow got missed previously:

Starlighter  by Bryan Davis

cheers,

Kirsty

:smileyhappy:

Doug_Pardee

Starlighter - free NOOKbook

Starlighter (young adult) [Zondervan]

From the Publisher

Dragons are enslaving humankind and a black egg signals the end of the world. Jason Masters must journey to another realm and join forces with a slave girl named Koren to rescue the captives and save two worlds from destruction.

What if the Legends Are True?

Jason Masters doubted the myths: people taken through a portal to another realm and enslaved by dragons. But when his brother is taken, he must uncover the truth and find the portal before it's too late. Once he's through the portal, he meets Koren, a slave in the dragons' realm, who struggles to destroy a black egg prophesied to doom all mankind. Jason and Koren must work together to save their two worlds before the dragons learn that their secrets have been discovered.

In Starlighter, bestselling author Bryan Davis masterfully weaves fantasy and inspiration into a captivating novel for young adults.

Doug_Pardee

That is So Me - free NOOKbook (child devotional for girls)

That Is So Me (age 9-12) [Zonderkidz]

From the Publisher

Take a daily step of faith.

Here is the devotional you've been waiting for: a place for everyday inspiration for everyday girls. On your 365-day journey through the Bible, discover topics that will have you saying 'That is SO me!' over and over and over again. Featuring interactive quizzes, activities, prayers, and journaling prompts written by favorite Faithgirlz! author Nancy Rue, this meaningful devotional is just for girls and tackles the issues that you face each day. Use this girl-friendly guide to nourish your authentic self through the incredible example and gift of Jesus' life and teachings.

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Re: another freebie from Zondervan (Zonderkidz)

Here's another one from Zondervan:

That Is So Me: 365 Days of Devotions - Flip-Flops, Faith, and Friends

Synopsis

Take a daily step of faith.

Here is the devotional you've been waiting for: a place for everyday inspiration for everyday girls. On your 365-day journey through the Bible, discover topics that will have you saying 'That is SO me!' over and over and over again. Featuring interactive quizzes, activities, prayers, and journaling prompts written by favorite Faithgirlz! author Nancy Rue, this meaningful devotional is just for girls and tackles the issues that you face each day. Use this girl-friendly guide to nourish your authentic self through the incredible example and gift of Jesus' life and teachings.

Biography

Nancy Rue has written over 100 books for girls, is the editor of the Faithgirlz Bible, and is a popular speaker and radio guest with her expertise in tween and teen issues. She and husband Jim have raised a daughter of their own and now live in Tennessee.

cheers,

Kirsty

Distinguished Wordsmith
KirstyHaining
0 Kudos

Re: another freebie from Zondervan (Zonderkidz)

Snap, Doug!

Doug_Pardee

Free Promo NOOKbook summary - January 10, 2011

Thanks to rerose1975 and KirstyHaining for their assistance.

Other FREE NOOKbooks:

Free since 01/10/2011:

Free since 01/07/2011:

Free since 01/06/2011:

Free since 01/05/2011:

Free since 01/04/2011:

Free since 01/03/2011:

Free since 01/01/2011:

Free since 12/26/2010:

Free since 12/21/2010:

Free since 12/15/2010:

Free since 12/02/2010:

Free since 11/29/2010:

Free since 11/16/2010:

Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob

Re: Free Promo NOOKbook summary - January 10, 2011

Doug, All three Zondervan titles seem to have been pulled from the Store.  For those who don't mind plain epub, I have links to them on my blog (and Kindle, of course) from a non-BN source.

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

BooksOnTheKnob wrote:

Doug, All three Zondervan titles seem to have been pulled from the Store.  For those who don't mind plain epub, I have links to them on my blog (and Kindle, of course) from a non-BN source.

That is wild. I just got them this morning. I hope they download okay.

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Doug_Pardee

Re: Free Zondervan titles disappeared

BooksOnTheKnob wrote:

All three Zondervan titles seem to have been pulled from the Store.  For those who don't mind plain epub, I have links to them on my blog (and Kindle, of course) from a non-BN source.

Thanks, Karen. The stuff that goes on at BN.com sometimes makes my head spin. I think I've said that before. :smileytongue:

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what's up with the "Harlequin 16" freebie His Lady Mistress, by Elizabeth Rolls? It seems to have been sucked into a black hole somewhere on BN.com. It's no longer available in either e-book or printed form (except used). I see that over at Amazon, it's still available in Kindle and large-print hardcover — I've never seen a Harlequin title at over $45 before — but the Kindle version isn't free. It's still listed for free at harlequincelebrates.com. [boggle]

Frequent Contributor
alegremama
0 Kudos

I also downloaded them this morning, so I just tried to download them and they downloaded just fine.

Whew!