Inspired Contributor
aharey

Re: Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

Please post any free Smashwords books on the Smashwords thread. I'll bump it up for those who haven't seen it.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Sorry, going OT, sue me:

As posted in Original posting for this thread:

"Everyone should feel free to post here, as long as it's on-topic for free NOOKbooks. If you find a freebie that's not on the list, let us know! If a NOOKbook becomes un-free, let us know! If you want to post Smashwords freebies, go right ahead; I'm not in charge."

This thread originated prior to the Agency Model, when non-smashword titles were free or discounted on a regular basis and Smashword titles were still considered very low quality because they usually were. That no longer applies. The non-smashword titles are reduced to pretty much the same ones over and over. There have rarely been any NEW ones in over a year now and always from the same few publishers that do NOT interest everybody. That may change now that the Agency Model is pretty much done with...but it hasn't yet.

On the other hand, the quality of reads from many indie authors via smashwords has been raised to equal if not better quality and many are routinely on best seller lists. I would very much like to know when those titles are free. In my opinion, those titles are of quality that deserve to be here. I'm not interested in erotica or non-fiction and I have all the "Baker" books already. At least there would be something new offered instead of the same few over and over. If a title has a high rating (4-5) out of 5 or more reviews, I think it deserves to be here. And if it has 5 star ratings for 30 or more reviews, it's ridiculous to exclude it. We are all looking for quality reads here. NEW ones. The Agency books that this thread was intended for are non-existent and have been for a couple of years now.

IMHO. Off Topic I know...but felt it was important to say. Thank you for the recent smashwords titles. Downloaded them. First books in this thread I've downloaded in awhile now.

Distinguished Wordsmith
BorderCollie

repeat freebie 12/06/12

Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble Series #3)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
BorderCollie

Re: repeat freebie 12/06/12

Return from Tomorrow  

• ISBN-13: 9781441200082
  • Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
  • Publication date: 9/1/2007
  • File size: 446 KB

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird

[ Edited ]

compulsivereaderTX wrote:

Sorry, going OT, sue me:

As posted in Original posting for this thread:

"Everyone should feel free to post here, as long as it's on-topic for free NOOKbooks. If you find a freebie that's not on the list, let us know! If a NOOKbook becomes un-free, let us know! If you want to post Smashwords freebies, go right ahead; I'm not in charge."

This thread originated prior to the Agency Model, when non-smashword titles were free or discounted on a regular basis and Smashword titles were still considered very low quality because they usually were. That no longer applies. The non-smashword titles are reduced to pretty much the same ones over and over. There have rarely been any NEW ones in over a year now and always from the same few publishers that do NOT interest everybody. That may change now that the Agency Model is pretty much done with...but it hasn't yet.

On the other hand, the quality of reads from many indie authors via smashwords has been raised to equal if not better quality and many are routinely on best seller lists. I would very much like to know when those titles are free. In my opinion, those titles are of quality that deserve to be here. I'm not interested in erotica or non-fiction and I have all the "Baker" books already. At least there would be something new offered instead of the same few over and over. If a title has a high rating (4-5) out of 5 or more reviews, I think it deserves to be here. And if it has 5 star ratings for 30 or more reviews, it's ridiculous to exclude it. We are all looking for quality reads here. NEW ones. The Agency books that this thread was intended for are non-existent and have been for a couple of years now.

IMHO. Off Topic I know...but felt it was important to say. Thank you for the recent smashwords titles. Downloaded them. First books in this thread I've downloaded in awhile now.

There have been lengthy discussions about this already, please don't rehash them (you can go back and read the old threads if you like). Most people agreed to have a separate thread for Smashwords books, because there are too many and it dilutes the purpose of this thread. For any further discussion of this issue, please go to the Official Free Nookbook summary thread here:
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Book-Discussion/The-Official-OT-Free-NOOKbook-summary-th...

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Her Restless Heart  

Author: Barbara Cameron

Publisher: Abingdon Press

Reader 4
TLJo

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Compulsivereader. This follows my thinking exactly! I appreciate the notice when quality, free books are available. I'd much rather see new Smashword titles posted than the same old offerings over and over. Since this topic keeps coming up perhaps it's time to rethink it. This listing changed once from the original intent, maybe it's time to change it again.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

An observation and a suggestion

New people to this thread aren't likely to read all 167 pages.  Most will read the last couple of pages and maybe the first couple.  Since so many people seem to get their panties in a twist whenever someone follows the originally stated purpose of this thread, I have a suggestion.

Have this thread locked and start a new thread.  That way the rules as you actually want them will be right up front, the very first post.  I'm sure if you all took a vote and PM'ed Alex or Melissa or one of the others they would be happy to lock this one and we can all go back to being happy readers.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Correspondent
moony3424

Re:Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

kamas716 wrote:

I have a suggestion.

Have this thread locked and start a new thread.  That way the rules as you actually want them will be right up front, the very first post.  I'm sure if you all took a vote and PM'ed Alex or Melissa or one of the others they would be happy to lock this one and we can all go back to being happy readers.

I vote NOT to lock this thread!  I suggest that all you that don't like it, start your own (It was done before when there was controversy here).  I've been following this thread since Doug Pardee started it and don't appreciate it that you want to lock it.

Contributor
KayoMO

Re: Re:Free NOOKbook summary thread - please no OT

AGAIN, why are some people here upset about a FREE book, they DON'T have to download, and can easily ignore the post? Simple people...Not rocket science. This thread discussion isnt That lengthy that it takes forever to weed through.
Distinguished Correspondent
yellowrosetx

Free Friday 12.07.12

Overview

Here is the gut-wrenching, heartrending story of hard-bitten Denver homicide detective Jane Perry and nine-year-old Emily Lawrence. Emily has witnessed the murder of her parents — murders authorities believe have ties to a larger wave of crime. But Emily can’t recall a thing about the killings. When the murderers come after Emily, Jane’s boss sends the two of them to a remote town in Colorado. There, Jane, who doesn’t have a maternal bone in her body, must pose as Emily’s mother and serve as her protector. At the same time, she needs to help Emily slowly remember the devastating event without traumatizing her further.

And while she does so, the killer is closing in . . . .

Protector marks the debut of Jane Perry, an immensely flawed, utterly sympathetic character. She will shock you, confound you, astonish you, and ultimately grip your soul.

• Publisher: Story Plant, The

Inspired Correspondent
A_Southern_Ladys_Rambling

Re: Free Friday 12.07.12

To Win Her Heart

To Win Her Heart  

• ISBN-13: 9781441232434
  • Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
  • Publication date: 5/1/2011
  • Sold by: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 33,256
  • File size: 912 KB

Overview

Having completed his sentence for the unintentional crime that derailed his youthful plans for fame and fortune, Levi Grant looks to start over in the town of Spencer, Texas. Spencer needs a blacksmith, a trade he learned at his father's knee, and he needs a place where no one knows his past. But small towns leave little room for secrets...

Eden Spencer has sworn off men, choosing instead to devote her time to the lending library she runs. When a mountain-sized stranger walks through her door and asks to borrow a book, she steels herself against the attraction he provokes. His halting speech and hesitant manner leave her doubting his intelligence. Yet as the mysteries of the town's new blacksmith unfold, Eden discovers hidden depths in him that tempt her heart.

Levi's renewed commitment to his faith leads Eden to believe she's finally found a man of honor and integrity, a man worthy of her love. But when the truth about his prodigal past comes to light, can this tarnished hero find a way to win back the librarian's affections?

http://asouthernladysramblings.com/
Inspired Contributor
ReformedReader

Funny (but true) Golf Anecdotes is no longer free.

Funny (but true) Golf Anecdotes  

is no longer free.

Reader 4
scouts_mom

Not sure how to post a free NOOKbook but just found this one:

The Frontiersman's Daughter

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/frontiersmans-daughter-laura-frantz/1100376298?ean=9781441204547

By Laura Frantz

Publisher: Baker Publishing Group

Contributor
olemoney

No longer free
Distinguished Wordsmith
spec

12/7/2012 - Updated "Limited Time" Freebie List

Nook Book "Limited Time" Freebie List - 12/7/2012

New items are in bold and followed by 3 asterisks. Please make sure that the price is what you expect it to be before hitting "Buy".

Fiction

Urban fantasy

Horror

Romance

Technology

Health, Mind & Body

Humor

Suspense

Classics

Travel

Cooking, Food & Wine

Exercise & Fitness

Children's Fiction

Children's eBooks

Reference

Medical

Religious Fiction

Distinguished Wordsmith
spec

Re: 12/7/2012 - Updated "Limited Time" Freebie List

Literary Criticism

Paranormal

Sports

World Literature

Nonfiction

Science Fiction & Fantasy

Erotica

Computers & Internet

Young Adult

Education

Mystery & Thrillers

Children's

Business

Literary Fiction

Fantasy

Religion & Spirituality

Contemporary Fiction

Science

Contemporary Romance

Romantic Suspense

Children's Books

Business & Investing

Historical fiction

Inspired Contributor
Dan0G

Freebie 12/8/12

Christmas Roses

Christmas Roses

Product Details

• ISBN-13: 9781441237569
  • Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
  • Publication date: 9/1/2012
  • Sold by: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 31,346
  • File size: 1 MB
Overview

Amanda Cabot is a popular speaker and the author of Paper RosesScattered PetalsTomorrow's Garden, andSummer of Promise, as well as a number of novels under various pen names. She's an avid traveler who finds inspiration for new stories in her travels and enjoys sharing new parts of the country with her readers. A former Easterner, she now lives in Wyoming.

Contributor
FrogeeViz

freebie fiction ages 9-12

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/football-fugitive-with-sneak-peeks-of-8-matt-christopher-books-matt-...

football fugitive by matt christopher

free for limated time

click link above to downoad

Peace out✌
Contributor
FrogeeViz
0 Kudos

ya fiction

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-florida-chase-paul-moxham/1111649675?ean=2940033264544

florida chase collectors edition by paul mxham free for a limated time

YA fiction

whole series also free individually

search florida chase

Peace out✌