Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine

Free Smashword titles

I am just listing the names and the authors, these are available as nookbooks.

Comedy. Memoirs of a bar steward, by Scott Evans
A Dark Planetarium, by Scott William Carter
Fall Vol.3, by Ela Lond(short)
Hard Creek Bridge: a short story, by Isaac Sweeney
In Odder Words, by E.D. Lindquist and Aron Christensen
Oblivion, by William Butler
The Premonition, by Kelvin O'Ralph
The Redemption of Reckoning: Stories, by Lotus Rose
Samuel Clemente Presents: Prerequisite Droppings (Comedic Essays), by Samuel Clemente
Something, by Ted Stetson
Stealing Flowers, by Edward St Amant
Tommy Top Hat, by Scott William Carter
The Visit, by William Butler
Brain Train to Insan, by Betty Silver
THE CIRCUMCISION DECISION, by Darryl Ableman
Coryanna by Joshua Scribner
Dead? Three Short Stories by Joshua Scribner
All That Remains by: Joshua Scribner
Back Roads by Joshua Scribner
Henry Burp - Mind Your Manners, by Mike Winn
HOW TO WRITE CLEARLY. RULES AND EXERCISES ON ENGLISH COMPOSITION, by M.A. REV. EDWIN A. ABBOTT
Spooks And Magic (Alana Weatherbee), by Jack Sorenson and Magnolia Belle
Xenolith, by A. Sparrow
Slave Empire - Prophecy, by T C Southwell
Peregrin , by A. Sparrow
Apocrypha Sequence: Deviance, by Shane Jiraiya Cummings
The Love Machine: The Erobotica Series, by Robyn McCoy
Looking For Ward, by Laurel Osterkamp
Garbage! Monster! Burp!, by Tom Watson
A Collection of Articles on Dating and Relationships, by Darren G. Burton
Like Cats and Dogs (Dark Bites), by Robert Ropars
Beyond the Veil, by Brian Rathbone
Forgotten Canyon (A Treasure Hunters Short Story), by Lois D. Brown
The Handbag's Tale, by Louis Bertrand Shalako
The Zoo, by David Monroe (short)
The Ancient Lands: Warrior Quest, Search for the Ifa Scepter, by Jason McCammon (has a number of good reviews)
The Thorn (The Chronicles of Gan), by Daron Fraley
There's No Place Like Homecoming: A Dorothy Gale Prequel (The New Wizard Of Oz), by Lacy Maran and Kevin Michael
Butterfly Knight, by Lotus Rose (short)
The World Teacher for All Humanity, by Benjamin Creme
Space Opera and Planetary Romance Reader Guide (Blue Tyson's SF Guides), by Blue Tyson (basically a directory, not a novel/story)
Food Fight-A Holiday Short Short Story, by Christina F. York
Jailbreak , by Harry Shannon and Steven W. Booth
The Awakening of Humanity, by Benjamin Creme
The Chambliss Tapes, by Donald Capone
DEAR JOAN, by Francine Saint Marie
The Ultimate Investment, Achieving Life's Highest Returns, An Allegory, by H. Bradley Stucki
Evergreen A Christmas Tale, by Richard Taylor
Astra: Synchronicity, by Lisa Eskra
Lumps, by Ian Woodhead
Snapdragon Alley (Dragon City Trilogy), by Tom Lichtenberg
101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire, by Joleene Naylor
Blue Norther, by Eric Wilder
In the Company of Strangers, by Jim Haffner
The Allnighter , by Stuart Connelly

Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine

Re: Free Smashword titles

some more free titles

Mayne Attraction: In The Spotlight, by Ann Mauren
The Secret in the Love of God, by Osman Nuri Topbas
Snowmen, by James Melzer
Heku (The Heku Series), by T.M. Nielsen
The Roman and the Runaway, by A. J. Braithwaite
Monster in the Mirror - With Bonus Short Stories, by MJA Ware
Finding Your Own Inner Strength, by Lori Osterman and Linda Boulanger
Mortal Ghost, by L. Lee Lowe
Stray, by Mark Matthews
QB1, by Pete Bowen
Wrongful Death: The AIDS Trial, by Stephen Davis
Concrete Underground, by Moxie Mezcal
Treasure Lost, by R.G. Cordiner
Hacker School (cyberhug.me), by Allan R. Wallace
Be Vigilant: Daily Meditations for Advent, by Michael Dubruiel, Amy Welborn and Amy Welborn
Seeking Cygnus, by L.K. Ellwood
The Butterfly Effect, by Scott Semegran
Entire Sanctification, by C. B. Jernigan
Expelled, by Clayton Spann
The Life and Death of Bayou Billy, by C.L. Bevill
Oprah Down Under, by Brian Lawrenson
Miss Anna's Frigate, by Jens Kuhn
Soul View, by Jeff Inlo
Spin the Plate (short story), by Donna Anastasi and Janet Morrow (Illustrator)
There Must Be Murder (Girlebooks Contemporary), by Margaret C. Sullivan and Cassandra Chouinard
Sex Stalker, by Darren G. Burton
Synsunder, by Ami Braverman
A Guiding Light (Sudden Dearth), by Gerard A. Whitfield
Closing My Eyes Helps Me To See Clearly, by Kipp Poe Speicher, Heather Heaton and Angel Cross
The Defector, by Mark Chisnell
For Sale in Palm Springs (Henry Wright Mystery #1), by Albert Simon
Surviving the Fog, by Stan Morris
Anything Can Be Dangerous, by Matt Hults
THE GATEWAY (Harbinger of Doom Volume 1) , by Glenn G. Thater
Summons From a Stranger, by Debra Diaz
second chance by asrai devin
A Plunder By Pilgrims (A Garrison Gage Mystery), by Jack Nolte
Delver Magic Book I: Sanctum's Breach, by Jeff Inlo
The Crush , by Carl East
Perfect Crime, by Jack Erickson
Voluntary Peasants Book One: Enlightenment - What's It Good For, by Melvyn Stiriss
Black Moon, by C.L. Bevill
Amber Moon (Moon Trilogy Part II), by C.L. Bevill
Silver Moon (Moon Trilogy Part III), by C.L. Bevill
THE PROPHET OF MERCY MUHAMMAD, Scenes From His Life (Prophet Muhammad), by Osman Nuri Topbas
Tears of the Heart, by Osman Nuri Topbas
The Bellhound - Four Tales of Modern Magic, by Camille LaGuire
Spirit Thorn (A Tale of Parallel Worlds), by Zacharias O'Bryan
30 Minute Plan, by Gerald Rice
Spore, by Ian Woodhead
Stick Dog Wants a Hamburger, by Tom Watson
Damian's Oracle, by Lizzy Ford
All Employees Are Marketers, by Richard Parkes Cordock
The Wrong Time, by Robby Charters
Out From Edom: Book I of the Irredente Chronicles, by J. Patrick Sutton
A Turn of Curses, by Melanie Nilles
The Weight of Blood (The Half-Orcs, Book 1), by David Dalglish
The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous), by Misty Evans
In the Garden of Temptation (The Garden Series), by Cynthia Wicklund
Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power), by Brian Rathbone
A Chance In Time, by Ruth Ann Nordin
Syndrome, by Thomas Hoover
Caribbee, by Thomas Hoover
Life Blood, by Thomas Hoover
The Samurai Strategy, by Thomas Hoover
The Moghul, by Thomas Hoover
The Zen Experience, by Thomas Hoover
Zen Culture, by Thomas Hoover
DEAD(ish), by Naomi Kramer
Snaring The Huntress, by Sylvia Day
Gifts With No Giver: A Love Affair With Truth, by Nirmala (poetry)
That Is That: Essays About True Nature, by Nirmala
You've Gone Too Far This Time, Sir!, by Danny Bent
Radiance: Experiencing Divine Presence, by Gina Lake
The Black God's War, by Moses Siregar III (Novella)
The Honour of the Knights (First Edition) (The Battle for the Solar System), by Stephen Sweeney
40 Hadiths for Children with Stories, by M.Yasar Kandemir
Islam: Spirit and Form, by Osman Nuri Topbas
Mobile Marketing Playbook, by 360i
South Carolina for the Summer, by Jack Allen
Dawn of Avalon, by Anna Elliott
The Amulet: A Faedra Bennett Custodian Novel, by Alison Pensy
Leave me alone: Memoirs of an ExMormon, by B.E. Hewson
The Mailman's Tale, by Carl East
The Thirteenth Unicorn, by W. D. Newman

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

Reminder; Please use this list to post free Smashwords titles you think worthy of mention.

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

Please explain why the Smashwords are given a separate thread.  Why can't they be included in the other free nook book thread?

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong

Currently, there are approximately 1500 Smashwords freebies.

If you do a search using "0.00 smashwords" you will get the entire list.

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The free book thread Doug started was intended to focus specifically on free books from publishers, which are often hard to find. There are too many Smashwords books and it would clutter up that thread. You can certainly start your own list if you choose, but many of us who have followed Doug's list from the beginning appreciate having a dedicated list.

Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

The Twelfth House

The Twelfth House by Bojan Zecevic LIMITED TIME

The price of this novel is regularly $4.99 to download, but it is FREE on Smashwords by entering coupon code MF72W at the time of checkout.
An ancient piece of knowledge left behind by an advanced civilization holding the key to absolute power and understanding of life had lain hidden for thousands of years. Death rewards John with the gift - a mind reading. The ancient sword awakes Aleksandra's pastlife memories. David is on a life-long quest to discover the closely-guarded secret. The race for survival heats up. MYSTERY.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

A Wedding Story

A Wedding Story by Dee Tenorio

Ruth Anne Barbellis—unhappily nicknamed "Rhubarb" by her lifelong enemy, Bobby Wichowski—is in Wedding Hell. Why? Her sister is marrying Bobby's brother. She's trussed up in a bridesmaid dress that must have been designed originally as a Victorian Torture Chamber. To teach them a lesson, she and Bobby have been assigned to the Kiddie Table. And that's only the beginning... CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

The one you love

The One You Love by Paul Pilkington

Emma Holden's nightmare has just begun. Her fiancé vanishes, leaving the battered and bloodied body of his brother in their London apartment. Someone is stalking her, watching her every move. And her family are hiding a horrifying secret; a secret that threatens all those she loves. In a desperate race against time, Emma must uncover the truth if she ever wants to see her fiancé alive again. THRILLER.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

We Fall

We fall by Mayssam Kaado

Melanie, an actress on break, hasn't had an easy life. Ever since Juliet, her sister's passing, Mel hasn't had an easy life. After drug using, and a fall from grace, she finally got her life back on track. But then, her past catches up with her. YOUNG ADULT.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

Dancing to the end of love

Dancing to the End of Love by Adrian White LIMITED TIME

The price of this novel is regularly $9.99 to download, but it is FREE on Smashwords by entering coupon code NS28B at the time of checkout.
A love story for the times we live in. A man is arrested and held without trial as part of the War on Terror. A rock goddess pays out a fortune to persuade the father of her child not to contest his parental rights. A young woman with Cystic Fibrosis cuts herself off from her family and yet fears she'll die alone. Many lives; one true love.
In addition, the author is making a 3 for 2 offer - buy two of his books on Smashwords and receive the third one free. See the details on the author's website. ROMANCE.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

The Emperor's Edge

The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker LIMITED TIME

The price of this novel is regularly $.99 to download, but until June 14 it is FREE on Smashwords by entering coupon code EZ44K at the time of checkout.
Imperial law enforcer Amaranthe Lokdon is good at her job: she can deter thieves and pacify thugs, if not with a blade, then by toppling an eight-foot pile of coffee canisters onto their heads. But when ravaged bodies show up on the waterfront, an arson covers up human sacrifices, and a powerful business coalition plots to kill the emperor, she feels a tad overwhelmed.
Worse, Sicarius, the empire's most notorious assassin is in town. He's tied in with the chaos somehow, but Amaranthe would be a fool to cross his path. Unfortunately, her superiors order her to hunt him down. Either they have an unprecedented belief in her skills... or someone wants her dead. URBAN FANTASY.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

Merrie Axemas: A Killer Holiday Tale

Merrie Axemas: A Killer Holiday Tale by M.R. Sellars LIMITED TIME

The price of this novel is regularly $.99 to download, but it is FREE on Smashwords through June 30 by entering coupon code VM59U at the time of checkout.
Little Merrie Callahan is all grown up now. She doesn't believe in Santa anymore. But she still has an axe to grind with the man in the red suit... And, for FBI Special Agent Constance Mandalay, the Christmas Holiday will never be the same again. A creepy, holiday-themed, paranormal thriller novella from M. R. Sellars, author of the best selling Rowan Gant Investigations series. PARANORMAL THRILLER.
Inspired Contributor
patra_jasmine
0 Kudos

Heart of the wild

Heart of the Wild by Rita Hestand LIMITED TIME

Book One (of the Amory's) John Douglas thinks nothing of asking Chayton Amory to go get his daughter before her wedding and bring her to his cabin. Why should he, he thinks of Chayton like a son. But Chayton isn't a willing participant. And Kasie Moore, John's daughter is a hell-cat to live with. Chayton should know, he was gonna marry her eight years ago.
A blizzard traps them in the small confines of Chayton's cabin, forcing them to admit some strong under current of feelings for each other.
Kasie has Chayton pegged for a "yes man" for her father. Little does she know that he loved her dearly eight years ago when she walked away from their engagement.
Pride keeps Chayton from admitting his love, and lack of trust comes between them even though their kisses scorch the very snow.
Two strong willed people come together in a maelstrom of passion and love, if they can only get past the old hurts they've caused each other. Can love survive the heart of the wild?
Reader 4
raeanns
0 Kudos

What is Smashword?
New User
GeekyGirl_Books
0 Kudos

Marked, Soul Guardians Book 1  To promote the release of my second book, Marked is now free on Barnes & Noble and on Smashwords.

Blurb:

Sixteen year-old Kara Nightingale’s ordinary life is suddenly turned upside-down when she dies in a freak accident, and she wakes up in a strange new world with a new career—as a rookie for the Guardian Angel Legion. Kara hurtles towards dangerous missions with the help of her Petty Officer and friend, David.

But when she discovers a Mark on her leg, the entire Legion accuses her of being a Demon spy. Angels are dying, and David begins to pull away from her. Can Kara prove her innocence as she becomes the Legion’s only hope?

It’s going to take a miracle to save the Legion, and Kara’s luck has just run out... 

Barnes&Noble
SmashWords

Marked, YA Urban Fantasy

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

OK, I am going to ask a very stupid question, but oh well...

I get that there is a 'free' thread and Doug and others try to use that to highlight books that perhaps are not usually free but are offered as special books for a limited period.  And I see comments that they are books from publishers.

I also get there are 'smashwords' titles that number in the thousands, and thus we want to keep the lists seperate.

BUT BUT BUT here is my question

What exactly then is Smashword?  are they books that are written solely for the intent to be free?  who is writting these books?  I know it is super subjective but as a whole are they quality books?

I guess overall I am confused about what is smashword, and how it differs if you will from a 'normal' book.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

RSC_Nook wrote:

What exactly then is Smashword?  are they books that are written solely for the intent to be free?  who is writting these books?  I know it is super subjective but as a whole are they quality books?

I guess overall I am confused about what is smashword, and how it differs if you will from a 'normal' book.

Smashwords is a third-party self-publishing company.  Some books are author-published, others are "Smashworded" from small publishing houses that may not otherwise do ebooks.

http://www.smashwords.com/about/how_to_publish_on_smashwords

I have read a few great "Smashwords" books and several terrible, horrible, bordering on a waste of my time books, as well.

I think requesting the Smashwords books be kept out of the "regular" free book thread is like requesting that Pub It tiltles be kept out of that thread, or requesting a filter to exclude "Pub It" titles from a search.

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

got it - thanks.  Even though I have been pretty active on these boards since getting my nook in december I still never exactly knew what the difference bewtween smashword books etc. and the others were.

Now I see most books on Doug's thread are books FROM B&N that are not always free but at times are for limited time periods.  While Smashword is it's own site that also has free books, but is not directly associated with B&N.  and at times hastons of free books that may or may not be any good.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

RSC_Nook wrote:

Now I see most books on Doug's thread are books FROM B&N that are not always free but at times are for limited time periods.  While Smashword is it's own site that also has free books, but is not directly associated with B&N.  

Yes, but Smashwords sells its books on bn.com.  So you can get a free or paid Smashwords title from bn.com or got to Smashwords.com to buy said book.

Some would say that since Smashwords is a publishing house, their books should be treated just like Tyndale, Kensington, Samhain, or any of the other publishers who routinely show up in the thread.  Others would say that since you can self-publish through them, they're like Pub It.

I'd agree with the latter, but I can see the case for the former.