Bibliophile
Jenniisme

Freebies

The Big Five-OH!  

Syndrome  

Life Blood  

Buddha  

I'm all over the charts today! The first one doesn't have a cover during the search but once it is downloaded it does.

Frequent Contributor
Flyweight
0 Kudos

Re: Freebies

Speaking of freebies....I can't wait to see the final picks for tomorrow's Classics list!

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong

Thanks for the heads up.

While downloading these free books, I noticed that all of Thomas Hoover's books on B&N are free.  I think that there were eight in all.

Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

I saw the same things but also noticed no ratings or reader's reviews.  I did a bit of searching on other websites and he's received VERY mixed reviews depending on the books....ranging from 1 to 5 stars.   I know they're free and if my library was FULL of books to be read, I might be tempted to give him a try but decided against it.

Hope to see you later at...

Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob
0 Kudos

They are all on smashwords (free); self-published, at least in ebook form, and long out of print in paper.

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
Correspondent
EmrysIN
0 Kudos

One thing to keep in mind when looking at rating is that most people only rate to complain. Not always, of course, but many times that is the case.

Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

EmrysIN wrote:

One thing to keep in mind when looking at rating is that most people only rate to complain. Not always, of course, but many times that is the case.

For many consumer reviews, I would agree.  However, I see as many if not more positive reviews/ratings of books as I do negative ones.  To be honest, I really don't pay attention to ratings (1 vs 5 stars) as much as narrative reviews.  Some of those allow me to get more of a feel for the book and make my own determination to purchase or not.

Hope to see you later at...