Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

Re: Froggie's eBook and Sports Bar - 2011 Edition *Now Open*

gqb wrote:

Brrrrrr!  It's 41 degrees with 10-20 mph winds and Lake Michigan at the White Sox ballpark, where the Rangers are playing!

The weather this season has been crazy.  I was mourning the loss of a high school season this year but that was eased just a bit as most of it would have been spent with blankets and umbrellas.  For those players that just never "get going" until the weather gets warm, this has been a difficult stretch.

Hope to see you later at...

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

Brrrrrr!  It's 41 degrees with 10-20 mph winds and Lake Michigan at the White Sox ballpark, where the Rangers are playing!

This has indeed been a strange year. This past weekend was chilly even down here. At least they won, and there was no reason why they should not have won. It looks like Josh will be back soon. We've missed his bat big time.

deb, just sayin'. he he he he he

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

I see where the Astros have a sale pending. Hopefully, this will bring them success in the future.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Woo-hoo!  Hamilton and Cruz both hit home runs during their first game off the DL!

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Good weekend for the Rangers.  10-1 blowout on Saturday and a close play at home plate in the bottom of the 9th to break a 6-6 tie!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Three Words:  OH MY GOD!!!!!

Sorry I've been so out of touch, lots of health problems with my parents and brother, enough that I moved back to Texas...  No sooner did I arrive when 3 months later my brother (a very fit 50) has a massive heart attack.

I love the little Rangers, this team is so special!  Gotta love the ginger ale celebration on the field.

Who do you think we are going up against in the WS?

Had to LOL when Dale Hansen questioned out loud whether the Cowboys can score as many points as the Rangers did tomorrow.