New User
macysmama
0 Kudos

Giving a Used Nook

I received an ipad after purchasing my nook book a couple months ago.  my nook is barely used.  i have the service plan, a kate spade cover, and a silicone cover.  if i restore factory settings to the nook, am i good to go as far as reselling it or giving it to someone?  is the service plan able to be used by someone else?  will a new user have access to my account? 

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,000
0 Kudos

Re: Giving a Used Nook

You'll have to unregister before you can reset to factory settings, so the new user won't have any access to your account.

The B&N extended service plan is transferable, but it has to be transferred in writing by the seller (you). The service plan can be found at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-protection-plan-terms-and-conditions/379002486/ and the address where you need to send the transfer information can be found in section 12.

The standard warranty is not transferable.

Contributor
LauraBayne
0 Kudos

Hey Doug,

I broke down and bought myself a Nook Color, so I don't need my old 3G + Wifi Nook.  Should I sell on Ebay or can I trade it in to Barnesandnoble?

Thanks,

Laura

Correspondent
julianka
0 Kudos

You can't get your money back from BN unless you bought it less than 14 days ago.  You could sell it to a store that buys used electronics, like Best Buy, but you won't get much out of it.  Ebay is probably your best bet. 

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Or you could try gazelle.com.  I sold my iPhone on there prior to purchasing my Droid X.   Just for the heck of it I checked what I could get for my Nook 3G/Wi-Fi.  In perfect condition with a case they were willing to give me $67.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

well I bought one too many Nook 3gs for xmas gifts for my kids. I bought them for 99 dollars each on ebay from b&N and resold the one I didn't need on ebay. I started the bids at 9.99 and it sold for 157.50.

I just checked on ebay and they are doing better than 67.00. I would go to ebay, do a search and compare what is selling for how much (meaning nook 3g or nook wifi plus extras or not) to what you would be selling.

pamela