Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

How Do I remove It

I have 3 books in the "My Document" section on my Nook.  I do I remove one copy of each?

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Re: How Do I remove It

Are they the same book or 3 different books?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

They are three different books.  I accidentally cancelled the documents and then they all disappeared.  I could not locate them anywhere on the Nook. So, I then reloaded all from Calibre and that's when each one showed up twice.

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Assuming you have a Windows PC when you plug in your Nook a folder should open up showing all the files on the Nook.  Go to the My Documents folder.  You should be able to see there exactly what is on your Nook.  If there are somehow duplicates just delete the ones you don't want.  Calibri maintains its own database so it's possible you really only have one copy on your Nook even though 2 copies are showing up in Calibri.

Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

I tried that but when I go to it it gives me, what I am assuming is the book and then the cover.  For example, I have th book on the entitled "1632".  When I go into "My Documents" on the PC, it gives me two "1632"s.  One is just the cover page with the picture and the other one will not let me into it because it says it can't find the database.  Should I delete that one?

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

It may be easiest to delete both and let Calibre put the books back on.  That way you will know you have a good copy of each on the Nook.

Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

I tried that also and it didn't work.  On my Nook, I have two ccopies of "1632", "1633" and "1812" in the My Documents section.  On Calibre, it only shows one copy of each book.  Someone please tell me how ot remove one copy of each book from my Nook.

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Do you have another copy of these books somewhere else?  If so, just delete all the copies on the Nook and then just re-copy 1 copy of the book back to the Nook.  I don't understand why you're having the problems but sometimes the solution needs to be a bit drastic.

If you don't have another copy of the book somewhere copy them from the Nook to your PC and then just copy 1 copy back to the Nook.

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

When I plug my Nook into the PC, the only books that shows up are the ones in the B & N Library, not in the My Documents section , which is where the duplicates are located.  Is there a way to delete them directly from the Nook without going to PC route?

Inspired Correspondent
TrevorS
0 Kudos

pughugs wrote:

I tried that also and it didn't work.  On my Nook, I have two ccopies of "1632", "1633" and "1812" in the My Documents section.  On Calibre, it only shows one copy of each book.  Someone please tell me how ot remove one copy of each book from my Nook.

In my experience, that's how Calibre works. I have several sideloaded books through Calibre, and in all of the cases, Calibre made a subdirectory for each author, and in the subdirectory placed two files for each book. The files are different types... I can't remember what type off the top of my head, but I had assumed that it was just storing the cover image and the actual book in separate files.

I may be wrong. It's possible that one of the files is just Calibre's own metadata about the book, and the other one is the actual epub.

But basically, this is working as intended. You should have two files for each book you sideload through Calibre, as far as I can tell.

Frequent Contributor
pughugs
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Trevor, I have never had that problem with Calibre before.  It has always given me one copy.  Oh well, I can't get the second copies off the Nook so I guess I will just have to keep them there.  Thank you to all who replied.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Did you delete a copy of these books from the NOOK using your Windows or Macintosh computer?

It sounds like Windows moved a copy of the books to a hidden trash folder on your NOOK.

The NOOK doesn't understand about trash folders and shows books in there as still being on the NOOK.

There are two possible solutions to this:

1) Connect your NOOK back to your computer and empty the trash/recycle bin, WHILE THE NOOK IS CONNECTED.

2) Connect your NOOK to your computer, set your file browser to show hidden and system files, and delete the trash folder/recycle bin from your NOOK (it should be in the root of the drive).

Inspired Correspondent
TrevorS
0 Kudos

pughugs wrote:

Trevor, I have never had that problem with Calibre before.  It has always given me one copy.  Oh well, I can't get the second copies off the Nook so I guess I will just have to keep them there.  Thank you to all who replied.

Odd.

Are the files the same size? Or do they look like one might be a cover image or metadata file, and the other might be the actual book?

I don't have my cable to hook up my nook to my computer and take a look at my sideloads right now, but I'm definitely curious.