New User
JMS11
0 Kudos

How to Listen to Nook Books

Can someone please help me figure out how to get nook books that i can listen to?  I work in an office and when I'm working I would rather listen to ebooks than listen to music.  Please help!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: How to Listen to Nook Books

JMS11 wrote:

Can someone please help me figure out how to get nook books that i can listen to?  I work in an office and when I'm working I would rather listen to ebooks than listen to music.  Please help!

You would have to download/purchase audio books.  Nookbooks are books that a read, there is no text to speech function so the only way you could listen to a book would be to listen to an audio book.

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

JMS11 wrote:

Can someone please help me figure out how to get nook books that I can listen to?  I work in an office and when I'm working I would rather listen to eBooks than listen to music.  Please help!

You can get books in MP3 format from many libraries. You would need to first download the Overdrive Console and then download the books to that. I haven't done it yet but there are instructions on the Overdrive site. Check your local library to see if this is something they offer. You can also buy books in that format. You can search audio books here on the forum to get more information. Good luck!

Contributor
LindaAsh
0 Kudos

I use my nook to listen to audio books from the library all the time. I spin yarn with a spinning wheel and I'm always either listening to an audio book or Pandora while I do. I love my nook color!