Contributor
Oliver40274

How to Sync Across Multiple Devices

For those of you having frustrations syncing your last page read across multiple devices - here is a consistent method to get the job done. I'm not saying this is ideal, I'm just saying it works for me and I think it will work for you.

On the Nook:

• When you are finished reading go to My Library and hit "Check for new B&N content".
  • You can put the Nook down after this and it will complete its operation and go to sleep.
  • You only added a couple seconds to the end of your reading time.
On your mobile device (I use the Android reader)
  • Open the Nook software on your device
  • Before opening your book press the sync button (On the Android it is the circular arrows in the top right)
  • Go to "reading now" and the book opens to the correct page.
  • When you are done reading on the mobile device do another sync.
Back on the Nook:
  • Open you book and choose "Go to" then "Last Page Saved on BN.com"
This method works for me every time. 

Contributor
NickieB27
0 Kudos

Re: How to Sync Across Multiple Devices

Hello, do you know if this works with the NookColor? I have an android phone and well and would like to have it sync to my PC too.

Thanks.

Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter

NickieB27 wrote:

Hello, do you know if this works with the NookColor? I have an android phone and well and would like to have it sync to my PC too.

Yes, it does.  Just sync on both devices when you fnish reading.

New User
DiamondG
0 Kudos

Thanks for writing this tip. I missed the first chance to sync my my Nook to my Androod mobile device. When i was promted, I thought i selected "yes, sync it" but i must have declined. Now, i really want to sync because i have different notes and bookmarks on the two different devices. However, I cannot seem to find a way to get the sync option back.

I was going to try your instructions, but "Check for new B&N content" is not an option from My Library on my Nook, which is brand new. Are you talking about the tablet or the simple touch? 

Thanks.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

They're talking about the original Nook not the NST or NC. The original post was written before the original NST. The newer Nooks don't I have a check for new content they have a sync button it looks like two arrows in circle. There's no way get it back because there's no way to get rid of it. NST look in the upper right corner on the newer NC it's at the bottom.
New User
Beautiful_Shifter
0 Kudos

Re: How to Sync Across Multiple Devices - Classic to PC

Oliver40274 wrote:

For those of you having frustrations syncing your last page read across multiple devices - here is a consistent method to get the job done.

This method works for me every time. 

This works on syncing the NookBooks between the Nook Classic (1st Edition) and the Nook PC as well!

Thank you so much for thinking this out and taking the time to post a solution for a problem that has been so very frustrating.

New User
SCARP1A
0 Kudos

Is there a way to unsync your nook books?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

SCARP1A wrote:

Is there a way to unsync your nook books?

What do you mean by "unsync"?

MacMcK1957

I suspect by "unsync" the questioner means is there a way for multiple devices to not update based on the page being read on another device. When you have people sharing an account, and reading the same book, it can be annoying that your Nook keeps trying to move you to the page that your spouse is reading. It would be nice to be able to turn the feature off, ideally on a book-by-book basis.
keriflur
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:
I suspect by "unsync" the questioner means is there a way for multiple devices to not update based on the page being read on another device. When you have people sharing an account, and reading the same book, it can be annoying that your Nook keeps trying to move you to the page that your spouse is reading. It would be nice to be able to turn the feature off, ideally on a book-by-book basis.

Well you can turn it off - just turn off wifi.  :smileywink:

IMO the best solution in the case you mention is to not share accounts and to sideload each other's books.

Reader
Aelfgifu
0 Kudos

The sync works between my PC and my Nook First Edition, but I cannot get it to sync with my Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2). The only difference I see in the current Nook for Android app from when these instructions were first written is that there is no longer a "reading now" button. Instead, I just clicked on the book.

The Android app syncs in the sense that it knows that I have recently opened the book on either the Nook or the PC and rearranges the order of the books in my library, but it does not send me to my last page read, nor does it transfer over bookmarks or highlights. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is there a way to fix this problem?

Thank you for your help. :smileyhappy: