Contributor
jmaster3
0 Kudos

How to delete free samples

[ Edited ]

I have searched the users guide and nowhere do they tell you how to delete the free samples that you download. I know that they probably don't take up much room but still i would like to get rid of them them. I have the Nook not the Nook Color.

Thank You

Jeff M

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: How to delete free samples

jmaster3, here is the answer.  Just go to "My Nook Library" where your books are displayed.  On the far right side of the screen for the free sample you no longer want, you will just press the "Delete" button and that will do the job.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Addendum.....

jmaster3, the transaction can only be done on your computer.  This is where you will find, "My Nook Library."

Contributor
jmaster3
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but first of all i do not have a NookColor, so I don't have an option that says My Nook Library  i just have My B& N Library an i don't see a delete option. Item details & optins does not provide the answer either

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

[ Edited ]

jmaster3 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but first of all i do not have a NookColor, so I don't have an option that says My Nook Library  i just have My B& N Library an i don't see a delete option. Item details & optins does not provide the answer either

You cannot delete any B&N "purchased" content directly from the device, including free books and samples.  You must loging to log in to bn.com.   [ETA:  from your PC or Mac]

Go to bn.com

Hover over "My Account"  --> Click "My NOOK Library" --> Enter your password if prompted.

Find the samples in this listing and choose "Delete."

Contributor
jmaster3
0 Kudos

Thanks, but i think that we are talking about 2 different nooks altogether.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

I have NOOK Classic.

YOU CANNOT DELETE B&N PURCHASED CONTENT FROM NOOK.  You must use your computer and login to bn.com and do as I told you above.  That's the way it is.  It's the same thing for NOOKColor, for the record.  It doesn't matter what NOOK you own, YOU CANNOT DELETE B&N PURCHASED CONTENT FROM NOOK.

Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos

jmaster we are not.   To permently delete a book from the Nook you have to go on the internet to B&N like Ya_Ya says above.

Contributor
jmaster3
0 Kudos

That did it, thanks so much !

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

jmaster3, my fault.  You did say in your original post that you had the Nook; not the NOOKcolor.  I read your post too fast.  Please disregard what I told you.  I am very sorry.

Correspondent
julianka
0 Kudos

Technically you can do this on your Nook or Nook Color by doing it on the web browser.  But one way or another you have to get to the web to do it. 

Frequent Contributor
nooker10
0 Kudos