Contributor
RobtDWilson

Introducing Two New E-Books

Hello, I am Robert D Wilson, a very satisfied Nook owner since June and, as of this last week, the author of two new novels published by B&N in e-book format. Both books are under $5.

Since I am a new author, I would love to get some interaction on my efforts from this great group!

The first novel, "Earth - the Arena # 1: THE PLAYERS" is Sci-Fi with inter-dimensional visitors, psychic experimentation, the threat of inter-dimensional warfare, disappearing people, lots of action, and enough romance to interest the lady readers. This is the 1st of a 4 book series.

The second novel is the first volume of a Fantasy trilogy. "The Dragon's Back # 1: THE POISON OF THORNS"] unfolds as an intriguing and action-packed Fantasy with bards, dragons, swords, and mysterious black-robed villains lurking in the shadows. Ten long years after the mysterious murder of their parents, two brothers have just been freed from incarceration in a prison-like orphanage. Against their wills they are torn apart and launched into separate quests for answers against conflicting and dangerous forces.

The next book in the Dragonsback series should be out well before Thanksgiving.

THE PLAYERS [Earth - The Arena #1] 

THE POISON OF THORNS [The Dragon's Back #1]  

Contributor
Lumberjack
0 Kudos

Re: Introducing Two New E-Books

I like the sound of both books. I'll give Poison of Thorns a shot.  How many pages about is The Players?  

Contributor
Lumberjack
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got it.  I'm really diggin this first chapter.  Looking down at the number of pages and wanting there to be more. That's good I think :smileyhappy:

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much, Lumberjack!

Take heart on the page count, I just checked my copy on my Nook and had to click 8 times through 8 pages before the page number actually changed to "2/242". Must be a glitch in the PubIt! converter. So, I did a word count on the source document and there are 94,378 words in "THE POISON OF THORNS". I have my Nook font set to "Amasis small" and there are around 150 words per page. Therefore, 94,378 / 150 = 629 Nook pages.  I think it will keep you entertained for a while!

I am also hoping that the 2nd Dragonsback book, "The Dragon's Back #2: My BROTHER'S KEEPER" will be out well before Thanksgiving! It is going though final reviews by a few of my fans and my artist, Julie Grace, just started working on the cover. It usually takes me most of a weekend to format a novel to make it e-book readable.

I'll have to do some research on the B&N Nook Boards and see if I can find out why the page numbers are all messed up!

You asked about the page length of "Earth - The Arean #1: THE PLAYERS". Using the same  formula as above, it has 90,863 words.  So  90,863 / 150 = 606 Nook pages.

Thank you, my friend, for your interest and your questions!

Blessings!

Robert D. [Bob] Wilson

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

And, by the way, I checked the manuscript of the newest Dragonsback book, "MY BROTHER'S KEEPER"  with over 100K words it should reach at least 700 small font Nook pages!

Contributor
Lumberjack
0 Kudos

Sweet! I got through the first couple of chapters and it really pulled me in.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Both look really interesting, I've added them to my wish list.  I need to pare down the current backlog of unread books on my nook.

I've been reading so much since I got my nook and a lot of that reading has been of authors previously unknown to me such as yourself.

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

Lumberjack, glad you're enjoying it. Please consider writing a review once you get to the end!

Thanks!

sygram, Thank you for the add to your wish list. I know what you mean about a backlog on the Nook. I recently purchased a single e-book that contains 106 Sci-Fi books in that single volume. If I get too heavy into that, I might not ever write again! LOL! Decisions! Decisions!

Blessings!

Bob

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

By the way, I will be offline most of tomorrow as my wife and I fly from CA back to our home in FL. So, if anyone has any questions, I'll catch up with you sometime Sunday afternoon.

Blessings,

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

I'm downloading both now. I'll read them when I get the chance. It'll be my first Sci-Fi book on my nook.   Right now I'm reading Under the Dome, and I really want to finish that. I'm a sloooow reader. LOL!

For stuff going on with the page number check out the PubIT! Help Boards

I don't care about the number of pages because it's always "off" when I read on my nook.  I read in Medium font size, so the amount of me "turning" the pages will be more than the amount of you turning the pages. 

However, it seems to me that your 272- so and so pages corelates to hardcover pages. Seems too short to be paperback.  

Wish you best of luck! and I look forward into reading them. 

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

With a name like "Cyborg Queen" I would have figured you would have a LOT of Sci-Fi! LOL!

I am honored that you have selected me, as a new author, to be the first!

Enjoy your reading and thank you so much for your purchases.

Blessings,

Bob

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

Hello Friends!

Last evening I went through the process of setting up "THE PLAYERS: ETA1" as a Print-On-Demand paperback, so now I have a definite size and page count to give you for a "physical book" to compare with pages in a Nook.

Dimensions:   5.5" x 8.5"

Spine Width:  .83"

# of Pages:    332

Later this week I hope to go through the same process with "THE POISON OF THORNS: DB1". I will post its info then.

Blessings!

Bob

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

RobtDWilson wrote:

With a name like "Cyborg Queen" I would have figured you would have a LOT of Sci-Fi! LOL!

I am honored that you have selected me, as a new author, to be the first!

Enjoy your reading and thank you so much for your purchases.

Blessings,

Bob

LOL! I'm Cyborg Queen because I have two cochlear implants, so they kind of look like I have cybernetic implants. :-) 

Oh yeah, I can put magnets on my head, and assorted magnetic items. Makes a good conversation starter at a dinner table. :-P  My license plate says CyborgQ. :-)

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

The Poison of Thorns sounds like a genre I like. I'll give it a try.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

Thank you, John!

I am also very interested in getting feedback from my readers, so hope to hear from you again!

Blessings!

Bob

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

To CyborgQueen,

Hmmm, a Borg, maybe? How's the assimilation thing going? LOL!

Thanks for sharing - It is great to get to know a little about one of my readers

Blessings,

Bob

Inspired Correspondent
CyborgQueen
0 Kudos

RobtDWilson wrote:

To CyborgQueen,

Hmmm, a Borg, maybe? How's the assimilation thing going? LOL!

Thanks for sharing - It is great to get to know a little about one of my readers

Blessings,

Bob

Lol!!

Just starting reading a little bit of the prologue.   You may want to change the formatting a little bit. I read with medium font to make it easier to read. When a sentence is tabbed, the first letter tend to be in the middle of the whole line.  It's a little annoying. :-) Not a big deal, but I'm used to shorter tabs.  

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

By "sentence being tabbed" are you referring to the beggining of a new paragraph?  I saw the tabs were really big, so reset them to small in my original Word document, but the conversion software from B&N made then still as large as they were before.  The only thing I could possibly do would be to change out all of the tabs for 4 or 5 spaces. I might try experimenting with that.

Thanks for the help.

Blessings,

Bob

Correspondent
lisat96
0 Kudos

When converting from Word to ePub, you'll get better results if you remove the tabs completely from the Word document and then modify the formatting of your paragraph style (probably Normal) to indent the first line only.

Contributor
RobtDWilson
0 Kudos

Thanks, Lisat! I'll do that.

Blessings!