Reader 2
kmeyer
0 Kudos

Kobo Books on Nook?

I read an article out there on the web that suggested Kobo books could be put on the Nook  (as Kobo also offers books in ePub format).

Has anyone done this??

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: Kobo Books on Nook?

yes you side load them from you computer

Bibliophile
bklvr896

[ Edited ]

As the PP said you sideload the books to My Documents.  

With Kobo books you have to use Adobe Digital Editions to actually get the book.  When you download from the site, you get a .acsm file, the same as from the library.  Double click on that file (which is a link to a server somewhere) and it will open ADE and download the book.  Once there, you can copy the book to the Nook.  I usually copy from within ADE since it's already open.

Oh, and if you're new to the Nook you might want to read a couple of the posts in my signature, especially on how to set up ADE if you haven't already done so.

Contributor
Hope42Day
0 Kudos

This is so exciting!  I have the Kobo app on my computer so when I have it open it automatically recognized my nook and sync the books.  Glad it worked that way because I couldnot find the files on my computer to drag & drop.

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

You were so excited you reopened a 6 month old thread! :smileytongue:

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram

Hope42Day wrote:

This is so exciting!  I have the Kobo app on my computer so when I have it open it automatically recognized my nook and sync the books.  Glad it worked that way because I couldnot find the files on my computer to drag & drop.

So you didn't need to go through ADE?  Hmm, I may look at downloading the Kobo software then.

Personally, I think it's better someone revives an old thread if it's informational.  It's the ranting threads that should be shot, burned, and buried. :smileywink:

Reader 4
1BookDiva
0 Kudos

Totally agree!!!!