Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos

[Msg Board] Is it just me?

Before I try to trouble shot my browser, Internet Explorer 8, I wanted to see if others are having problems with the board and web site.  My previous read post are not being remembered and I can't seem to download from the order page.  It never goes to the purchased page.  It took forever for the Post Msg page to open.

I tried clearing the browser and signing out and back in.  This worked the last time this happened.  Maybe after I post this it will correct itself.  Making a post also corrected this before when it happened.  Will let you know.

B&N Bookseller
miffy1157
0 Kudos

Re: [Msg Board] Is it just me?

there's def something going on. cant access my library or wishlist. MyBN is down

- Caitlin
jamartMF
0 Kudos

Okay making the above post seems to have fixed the problem.  I was finally able to get the first of the month freebies (sighing in relief) LOL.

Every one have a great  Labor Day weekend.

jamartMF
0 Kudos

miffy1157 wrote:

there's def something going on. cant access my library or wishlist. MyBN is down

Yes it was being very difficult.  I just tried my wish list and it is working now.  Maybe with your post it corrected yours.  I hadn't tried to go there before I made my post so not sure if mine was not working before that.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The boards are screwed up.  I checked my computer, cleared the history, reset the server and reinstalled foxfire, just to make sure it wasn't something on my end.  It is the endless loop.  I called the 1-800- # and reported the problem because we all know how stellar the email customer service is...:smileyindifferent:  It seems to be working now, but it shouldn't be such a project. 

If there is a problem, be up front about it.  People are willing to listen and will be far more understanding about it.  Tech glitches happen.  It is the runaround we are always given that makes me so mad, when the only thing we want to simply to say: There is a problem with the boards.

B&N, adding a report a problem option to the phone line wouldn't be such a bad idea.

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Frequent Contributor
SuzW
0 Kudos

I bought a book about 20 minutes ago and it still hasn't shown up in my library, on the PC or nook. I keep getting a "my nook page is unavailable" message on the PC. They must still be having system problems.

Contributor
LIVES4BOOKS
0 Kudos

Same here, bought several books this morning and none of them are showing up. I only got the email confirming purchase of two of them out of five, and cant access my library online to check for content. I am reluctant to try to buy them again...guess I will wait and see!

I love my NookColor!
Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

I've been having issues off and on since yesterday.  They ae probably doing some type of back end update on their servers or something.  Hopefully it will all be fixed and back to normal soon. :smileyhappy:

jamartMF
0 Kudos

Darkkin wrote:

The boards are screwed up.  I checked my computer, cleared the history, reset the server and reinstalled foxfire, just to make sure it wasn't something on my end.  It is the endless loop.  I called the 1-800- # and reported the problem because we all know how stellar the email customer service is...:smileyindifferent:  It seems to be working now, but it shouldn't be such a project. 

If there is a problem, be up front about it.  People are willing to listen and will be far more understanding about it.  Tech glitches happen.  It is the runaround we are always given that makes me so mad, when the only thing we want to simply to say: There is a problem with the boards.

B&N, adding a report a problem option to the phone line wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Yes if they would only have a "Doing Maintance Msg" or "Experincing Network Problems Msg" it would let people know that it is on the web pages end and not something that has happened on our end.  Like you said we try to fix it ourselves and find it was all for nothing.

When I came back to check the board again I am having the same issues again. Grr.  Just will wait till tomorrow and try again.  Of course with the Holiday weekend it may not get fixed till Tuesday.