Distinguished Correspondent
mpebbs
0 Kudos

Overviews/synopsis?

Is anyone else missing these on their nooks? All of a sudden they are gone on mine. It really annoys me because I use them to figure out what to read next.

Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

Re: Overviews/synopsis?

There are some books that they do not show up for occasionally.  I don't know if that is the book or a miscue of the nook software.....

Hope to see you later at...

mpebbs
0 Kudos

I know, but the books I am talking about had them before. They just disappeared like the dots used to.

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

Can you please give us a sample of one where it was there before and missing now?  Based on that, we can check to see if we see an overview/synopsis.

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." Albert Einstein
mpebbs
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oops misread...some examples would be Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong,Bearers of the Black Staff By Terry Brooks. Ghost of a Chance by Simon Green, but it is all of my books and there are alot of them.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Have you tried checking for "new" content?

I find (since I usually keep my nook in airplane mode) that it will occassionally loose things like the cover image associated with a title. (I think I may be turning airplane mode back on before it's done downloading.) But, if I check for content again and let it run through, it restores the missing bit. I haven't noticed or checked it for the overviews, but it might be a similar case.

mpebbs
0 Kudos

I'm way past that, I even tried to de- and then reregister and all I got for my efforts was to have to download all my books again and still nothing. I know its not a huge deal but it does annoy me.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@mpebbs,

Try this...

On NOOk tap on your Library then scroll to an eBook and tap on View Item Details & Options.  What should appear is the following:

Read

Stars (for rating purposes)

View Overview

Archive

If yours states View Details, then Tap on View Details and then tap on Overview.

New User
DLM035669
0 Kudos

I received a replacement Nook. It took me 3 days to re-download over 500 books. not a one of them has the overview. I also tried to unregister/reregister and had to redownload all books. I also have a 3G-WiFi Nook that had excellent signal strength. I've also contacted B&N about it and spent over 1 hour on the phone to no avail. Although it's not needed, it is an inconvenience and I wish I still had it but over 500 books and no. Not a one works. I even bought a couple new books. Those of course have the overview.. I don't know what else to do. I wish I had the answer. 

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,004
0 Kudos

DLM035669 wrote:

I wish I had the answer. 

Scroll the menu. With 1.5, the addition of the Shelves menu line pushed the "View item details & options" line out of the first four, so you have to scroll to see it.

Reader 4
Ruby21
0 Kudos

I read a different post on the list from someone who finally had a Tech explain that the Overview download was discontinued beginning with Update 1.6.  I assume that coincided with the release of the Simple Touch, which obtains lits Overview by connecting to the web each time that you look at the item in your library.