Contributor
JA_Bal
0 Kudos

PC Driver Problems

Anybody know where I can get the right driver so I can access my Nook through a WIn 7 PC?  It stopped working all of a sudden and its so frustrating.  Been emailing nook@barnesandnoble.com but no one has responded.

When in doubt, read and learn.
Inspired Correspondent
SHissong
0 Kudos

Re: PC Driver Problems

You shouldn't need a device driver.  You access it as you would any other device that connects through a USB port such as a thumb drive, digital camera, etc.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Reboot your NOOK (hold the power button down for 20 seconds to shut it all the way down, then turn it back on), reboot your computer, then try again.

E-mailing B&N Customer Service is not going to get the job done. The e-mail system is a low-priority service for FAQ-type questions. If you're having a problem, call them at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Try this..

1. Reboot PC, and reboot NOOK (power down, then back up).

2. When both are finished booting, plug in NOOK.

You can also try plugging the NOOK into different USB ports.  Specifically, sometimes the ports in the back are better than the ones in the front because they are “powered.”  Also, you can see if the users are connecting via a USB hub and if so, take the USB hub out of the equation.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 33 members 218 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: