Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Percy Jackson coming to B&N nook!

I sent an email over to Disney Hyperion books asking when the Percy Jackson books will be coming to B&N. I sent it about a week ago and thought I'd never get a reply. I was wrong!

"Thank you for your e-mail! We are currently in negotiations with B&N and the Percy Jackson series should be available on the nook soon.

Monique L. Diman
Disney Publishing Worldwide"

While this does not give us exact dates or prices at least we know that it is getting worked on at some level.

Rav

naylorchic
0 Kudos

Re: Percy Jackson coming to B&N nook!

Yayyyyy! I got The Lightning Thief from Waterstones, but they didn't have the second one. This is GREAT news!

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

About time.  These books have been on my to-read list for a while.

Frequent Contributor
nookie_fan
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, I've been waiting on these as well!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

And I just ordered the last 3 books in hardcover... :smileysad:  I suppose I could return them, but then I couldn't gift the set to my nephew after I read them.

Maybe I'll buy them in ebook too.

Contributor
MMac_518
0 Kudos

I just caved and bought the series last week from the store.  Oh well!

Frequent Contributor
SirTomster
0 Kudos

Heh. I looked. I waited and I gave up.

Books 1-4 on my desk as I type.

Now I just need time to break away from my nook to read them.

Contributor
I_LOVE_Reading4Ever
0 Kudos

I don't have an eReader yet, so this is good news.  I already own the series in Hard cover,but for portability, I'd get an eBook version.

BTW, how did you contact the publisher?  I want to contact them about the PJO's author's new series and if it'd be coming to eReader (like Nook) too.

Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

I visited the Hyperion website and used the emails there. I also got back an email from Harper Collins some how. That email had said:

The person to contact at Disney regarding the Rick Riordan e-books is Simon Tasker.  He can be reached at Simon.Tasker@disney.com.

Best,

The HarperCollins e-books team

Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Thank you Disney / Hyperion! 

If you do a search you'll find they added the Percy Jackson series as ebooks at last. :3

naylorchic
0 Kudos

Yayyyyyy!!!!!!!

Correspondent
EricTrickster
0 Kudos

Finally! Great news, and they're cheap too, only $4.40 for the first book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To read a book for the first time is to make an acquaintance with a new friend; to read it for a second time is to meet an old one. ~Chinese Saying
Contributor
JJNook

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
kylejohnson
0 Kudos

Odd that they have two versions of the first book.  Both are the same price, so I'm wondering what the difference is other than the cover art.

BTW, is this series done?  Or least does the author keep a decent pace on the writing?  I just got caught reading a series that isn't done only to find out the author hasn't written a book in the series for over four years.  And the last one out ended in a cliff hanger.  I'm not going to support authors who abuse their readers like that, so I thought I'd check before starting this series.

Frequent Contributor
Alley415
0 Kudos

kylejohnson wrote:

Odd that they have two versions of the first book.  Both are the same price, so I'm wondering what the difference is other than the cover art.

BTW, is this series done?  Or least does the author keep a decent pace on the writing?  I just got caught reading a series that isn't done only to find out the author hasn't written a book in the series for over four years.  And the last one out ended in a cliff hanger.  I'm not going to support authors who abuse their readers like that, so I thought I'd check before starting this series.

It is done.  There are 5 books and a supplement to the series.

Tboner
0 Kudos

kylejohnson wrote:

Christopher  Paloni??? I'm STILL waiting for him to get around to ending Eragon, geez a triology changed into a four parter at the end of the third part???

Man that peeved me....

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

I believe the two versions of the first book are due to the fact that a movie was made of it.

It's usual when a movie based upon a book is released, the book is reprinted/re-released with cover art matching the movie.

This allows them to capitalize on those people who saw the movie and became interested in the book because of it.