Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Rav's "Pick to Click" week three

Just finished this book. Wow! So this week Born to Run is my "Pick to Click". :3 The bunny has spoken.

Born to Run

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Re: Rav's "Pick to Click" week three

Thanks Rav!  I was a miler in high school (no 3200 for girls at the time) and ran some distance events.  I still enjoy watching distance events in track.

Just checked it out of the Houston Public Library!

Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

Just checked it out of the Houston Public Library!

Awesome. Hope you enjoy it too! :3 

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Rav   You do know that all the major shoe sellers are now selling Running Shoes that mimic barefoot running.   Nike's are the free series-New Balance has one called MT 100, Sacouny has its transition running shoes.  And the most famous now are the Vibram Five Fingers Shoes.  A lot of this is because of the book.  Check out barefootrunningshoes.com if your interested

Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

It worked out in reverse for me. I'm a not a bit too big to run, but a lot to big to run. About two months ago I was changing the florescent light in the kitchen and slipped off the stool and landed full force on my left foot and really messed up my foot. 

When I could walk again I went and got a pair of VFFs so that I could build up my feet muscles and get them stronger. 

But because I own these very odd looking shoes countless strangers would come up and start talking to me. Which is how I learned about this book and that and several other barefoot websites. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I actually heard the author interviewed -- sounds fascinating.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+