Inspired Contributor
Ryan_L

Read an ebook week!

[ Edited ]

Read an ebook week starts tomorrow (March 6) and runs until March 12th. There will be some discount promotions/freebies available at Smashwords.com starting tomorrow, and as more sites/blogs make books available I'll post what I find. Enjoy the week everyone, hopefully we can find lots of great reads and share them.

And shameless plug if you want a read immediately, you can always check my signature and snag a freebie.

Free on bn.com: Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: Read an ebook week!

Well, I think it's wonderful that eBooks are recognized with a week dedicated to them.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Contributor
Ryan_L
0 Kudos

Agreed! I actually bought my nook one week ago last year, so it was a nice little welcome to the world of ereaders/ebooks when I first started figuring out how to use it. To think a year ago today I was just trying to figure out what sideloading is! 

Sleeping Giant

Wordsmith
Sardonicus
0 Kudos

Ryan_L wrote:

Read an ebook week starts tomorrow (March 6) and runs until March 12th. There will be some discount promotions/freebies available at Smashwords.com starting tomorrow . . . 

And shameless plug if you want a read immediately, you can always check my signature and snag a freebie.

re: "Sleeping Giant" . . .  It's interesting.  "Customer Rating" shows it at "only" three stars, but the folks that actually took time to write a review give it a 4.5 stars.  For me, that means it's worth a try.  Just downloaded it.

Good luck to you

and Happy eBook Week!:smileyhappy:

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Or more than one... :smileyvery-happy:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
Ryan_L

Haha hopefully this week many many many. 

Well first off here's the link for browsing through the smashword books. There are discount codes with each book if it's not already free so you can browse a nice selection of new reads.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1 

Here is the link to the read an ebook website partner's page where you'll find a listing of the various supporters who are helping out with the event. You'll find a contest to win an ereader, links to discounted or free books, and other nifty ebook related sites such as sites by supporting authors and ezines. 

http://www.ebookweek.com/partners.html

Lets all enjoy the week and break out our nooks while we're out and about so people can be inspired to ask questions or go to a store to look at them!

Sleeping Giant

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Sounds like a good concept but sadly I read too slow to read an e-book a week but, its interesting idea though.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

I'm so glad to find this post!! :smileyhappy:

I had learned on other sites that this is "Read an Ebook Week!"  in honor of it being 40 (40!!) years since the first ebook was created.

Being so new to ereaders (I've had my Nook for 17 days, and my NookColor for 3 days!) I was expecting all sorts of confetti and prizes and ebooks knocking on my door! Maybe not a parade, exactly, but close. :smileyhappy:

I will keep checking to see if the party has started, and I have downloaded your book - thank you!

Inspired Contributor
Ryan_L
0 Kudos

Glad you downloaded the book!

Well folks it's thursday, and I've finished one ebook (the recent freebie friday Medicus) and am making my way through Tribal Knowledge from the Kaplan Giveaway. I've been browsing through the offers/deals and making final choices tomorrow. I've been keeping the nook out when I've been about and already had two people ask me about it!

How's everyone's read an ebook week going? Any cool deals or reads you've taken advantage of? Anyone been asked about their ereader?

Sleeping Giant