Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Re: Reading now?

I struggled through

My Blood Approves 

Fate (My Blood Approves, #2)  

Flutter

and decided I could not do book #4... Its all just too much like a poor ripoff of Twilight for my taste..

But then I read

Letters to Elise   that a friend lent me and it was really, really good.. so I still might have to read book #4 in the series...

I am currently reading

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)  by this same author (also a lend)  and its also very, very good... You can tell she has really grown as an author and I give this author a lot of credit.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I recently started Switched.  I like it too.  I want to get Torn and Ascend soon

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2) 

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)  

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208
0 Kudos

What the Night Knows   What the Night Knows.  Half way through and it gets better and better.

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Just finished...

Daughter of the Blood 

Now reading...

Heir to The Shadows 

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Reading

Wolf Games  

Up Next

Wolf Tracks

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Correspondent
iluv2readmynook
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading:

Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles Series #1)  and series.

I was so impressed with Suzanne Collins writing ability and the stories of

Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set 

That I figured I would continue to enjoy her writings and downloaded this.  I'm struggling to enjoy series as much as her other writings.   But it is still a very enjoyable read.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

I started this last night:

Daughter of the Blood

I'm having a harder time getting into it that I usually do, probably because I started it after midnight.  lol  It is an interesting story, though, and I love the non-standard magic system, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it far more now that I'm awake.  :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
giddybird
0 Kudos

One Fifth Avenue.

One Fifth Avenue 

Contributor
WonderWmn
0 Kudos

I am finishing up Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.  That girl is whacked but hilarious.  I've never watched her show but downloaded book from the library.  Have another of hers on hold.  Next up is I Am Number Four than Water for Elephants.

Reader 2
nookbookreaderMom
0 Kudos

When my fifth grade daughter asked me to read this really good book about huge cockroaches and bats I was like, "Yeah that sounds really good, I have always thought reading a story about those things would be exciting, NOT!"   I did read it after some encouragment and then ended up reading the whole series together with all of her friends.

Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles Series #1) 

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

I am reading Port Mortuary on my Nook. I downloaded it from the library. It isn't that great but none of her last 4 or 5 have been. I keep reading them although I haven't truly enjoyed any of her books in a LONG time. It is like I am addicted and keep on doing them long after the thrill has gone!

Port Mortuary  

This thread is a mixed blessing. I have added another 5-10 books to my wish list, picked up 2 great sounding free books, and bought a .99 book. Like so many have said I find myself wondering when I will have time to actually read all these books??

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Thanks Kathy, you saved me from buying port mortuary!

I am currently reading

Snowbound 

I bought 7 of his books last week and will probably read another next.  I like him, he's a sick writer!

Frequent Contributor
EscapistFL
0 Kudos

Just read and liked :

Jackdaws

Now reading :

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Series #7)

Distinguished Correspondent
Allem-o
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

That looks fascinating!

Allem-o wrote:

Gertrude Bell  

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Jenniisme wrote:

Thanks Kathy, you saved me from buying port mortuary!

I am currently reading

Snowbound 

I bought 7 of his books last week and will probably read another next.  I like him, he's a sick writer!

If you like Blake Crouch you'll probably like JA Konrath as well.  They've written books together.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

@jenniisme Port Mortuary is worse than bad. I am going to finish it but I am practically forcing myself to do it. In my opinion each book gets worse than the last. I feel like Patricia Cornwell is just phoning them in now because they will sell just because her name is on them! The first 7 or 8 books were great and she hooked a lot of readers with those and caused us to expect that each book would be just as good as the others. With every new book I swear that it will be my last but I keep hoping she has another good one in her.

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Read Yesterday

With Caution  

Reading Now

Kept (A Paranormal Romance in the Blood Lust trilogy, 1)

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

No One Lives Twice

Contributor
purplepen79
0 Kudos

Well, I finished Across the Universe. Great premise with some surprising moments, but character I found the most interesting was the villain.  The two main characters seemed flat to me.

Now I'm on

Rosemary's Baby 

It's an old favorite that I've read many times, comfort reading, so to speak.  Ira Levin perfectly combines horror with social satire--there's no writer quite like him.

Next I'm on to

The Changeling Sea 

Which doesn't seem to be available for Nook.  I found my copy in a used bookstore.  I've never read Patricia McKillip before but I've heard good things, and the sample I read seemed rather poetic and beautiful.