Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Reading now?

Hello all, hope everyone having a good day, I was just wondering what was everyone reading at moment?

I am reading Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series at the moment.

I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls Series #1) 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose

Re: Reading now?

I just finished reading Amanda Hocking's book Switched and am getting ready to start the 2nd in the series Torn. Seem to be drawn to a lot of young adult stuff recently - the stories are usually very good, but seem to be less intensive reads for me. Maybe as a high school teacher I am spending too much time around teenagers. :smileytongue:

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2)  

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)  

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Distinguished Correspondent
Allem-o
0 Kudos

Hero  

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Colleen_Rose wrote:

I just finished reading Amanda Hocking's book Switched and am getting ready to start the 2nd in the series Torn. Seem to be drawn to a lot of young adult stuff recently - the stories are usually very good, but seem to be less intensive reads for me. Maybe as a high school teacher I am spending too much time around teenagers. :smileytongue:

There's nothing wrong with that I like them too.  Though I am not a teacher I am a college student but, bottom line is if its a good story its worth reading and I agree less instensive to me, I hate books that I feel I have to have a dictionary next to me to understand the author. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Contributor
ajrosen
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Just added Hero to my wish list!

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose

shadowcat80 wrote:

Colleen_Rose wrote:

There's nothing wrong with that I like them too.  Though I am not a teacher I am a college student but, bottom line is if its a good story its worth reading and I agree less instensive to me, I hate books that I feel I have to have a dictionary next to me to understand the author. 

I spent a whole summer a couple of years ago just reading kids & young adult novels. One of the most satisfying reading experiences ever.

Colleen

Correspondent
iluv2readmynook

I was once embarrassed by reading the 'young adult' books.  But no more, I'm proud of the fact that at 51+ years of age I read and loved all of the Twilight Series, the Hunger Game series, and Harry Potter.  I too have Switched and Torn, and I just think I will read them next after I finish the last of Mockingjay.

And I just might focus on this age books for awhile - helps my brain relax some at night after a challenging day as an accountant.

I spent a whole summer a couple of years ago just reading kids & young adult novels. One of the most satisfying reading experiences ever.

Contributor
sewimust
0 Kudos

I'm reading Stephen King's Under the Dome. Half way through and can't put it down.

Inspired Correspondent
SHissong
0 Kudos

sewimust wrote:

I'm reading Stephen King's Under the Dome. Half way through and can't put it down.

Under the Dome was one of my favorite reads last year. 

Inspired Correspondent
TrevorS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dragonfly Falling (Shadows of the Apt Series #2)  

I'd even have bought it from Barnes and Noble on my Nook, if they would ever get around to putting the same books from Pyr Publishing up that are available on the Kindle.

Sadly, they missed a sales opportunity there. Oh well. When it's available for the Nook, I'll buy it from them.

Allem-o
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Colleen_Rose wrote:

Colleen_Rose...this may interest you also...and get "Hero" off of your wish list and onto your Nook sooner. :smileywink:

http://www.booktv.org/Watch/12112/Hero+The+Life+and+Legend+of+Lawrence+of+Arabia.aspx 

CB2010
0 Kudos

Wasn't a freebie, but got it "on sale." Pretty good "cozy" mystery. Don't read while hungry...contains donut and desert recipes at the end of each chapter! :smileytongue:

Glazed Murder (Donut Shop Mystery Series #1)

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Allem-o wrote:

Colleen_Rose wrote:

Colleen_Rose...this may interest you also...and get "Hero" off of your wish list and onto your Nook sooner. :smileywink:

http://www.booktv.org/Watch/12112/Hero+The+Life+and+Legend+of+Lawrence+of+Arabia.aspx 

Thanks! I will check it out. Would be great for my history classes as well, since most 10th graders do not have the werewithal to sit through Lawrence of Arabia.

Colleen

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Started this today, so far well..I will not be reading anymore in the series if and when they are available. From the library: 

Acid Bath (Elena Jarvis Series #1)

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Correspondent
tmpage
0 Kudos

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.....not very far into it.  So far, so good.

Inspired Contributor
moemac
0 Kudos

My Life in France  

Since I both read the book and saw the movie, Julie/Julia. I wanted to read the other half of the movie.

"Don't parse the blurb"
RHWright
0 Kudos

Finishing up:

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #5)  

And starting the DTB (out from the local library) of:

Gandhi & Churchill  

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

There is already a topic on this 

What is everyone reading (revisited)? 

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose

ProfReader wrote:

There is already a topic on this 

What is everyone reading (revisited)? 

Message contains a hyperlink Message contains an image

...That has thousands of posts that I did not want to get lost in. I appreciate the new thread.

Colleen