Contributor
annie18
0 Kudos

Russian/Siberian Adoption- SHE WAS LEFT ALONE by Bela Wolf

After what has been in the news regarding Siberian or Russian adoptions, anyone considering must read this book. the author went thru hell in the frozen tundra trying and succeeding to get a sick child back to the US. SHE WAS LEFT ALONE by Bela Wolf (Xlibris) is a short but highly informative book about what can happen when you decide to adopt a child in the worst case scenario. I actually love the book but want to read more about what she actually went through day by day and what exactly she had to do "under the radar" to get her little girl out of there!

Frequent Contributor
elsie_kev
0 Kudos

Re: Russian/Siberian Adoption- SHE WAS LEFT ALONE by Bela Wolf

Thanks for the info. I will definately have to look into getting this book.  We adopted our daughter from Russia 8 yrs ago, and the stories we have of our time in Russia. We spent most of our 2nd trip there in hiding.  Not to mention the issues we encountered after we came home. BTW.....my Russian born daughter, no 10 (almost 11) asked me today if she could have a Nook.

Contributor
annie18

Thank you for your response to my book. I decided to let my 12 yr old read my book because her behavior has gotten so bad I have to remind her what hell i went thru to get her out of there. it is easily read for a 12 yr old as well i found out, its 50 pages long and as I said, all illegalities have been omitted but inferred.  if you would buy my book i think you would like it, relate to it, Ive gotten great feedback and responses to it already. if you can, please let me know what you thought of it after youve read it.  Sincerely and have a nice day, Bela Wolf - SHE WAS LEFT ALONE

Frequent Contributor
elsie_kev
0 Kudos

OK, now, I'm confused.....are Annie18 and Bela Wolf the same person?

Contributor
annie18
0 Kudos

Yes, i am annie18. Not to be too paranoid, but Ive had 3 attempted ID thefts as well as 2 attempted cyber crimes. I and my book are descreet now. Would you mind reading my book, SHE WAS LEFT ALONE and let me know if you went through similar difficulties and had to pay for many things we shouldnt have had to. Im happy for you that you got to stay in Russia, at least there is food and water there. Or did you go into Siberia? i am as interested in your story as you may be in mine. My daughter, Viera (her real name) is 11 now too. we may have so much in common and so many stories to share or compare. My ex husband actually left me in the north pole, he couldnt take it anymore. Then I was left alone with 1 crybaby agency lady. Noone else showed up for court or any help promised as there was "TOO MUCH TB " in my area. GREAT!! I was alone and then travelled around as a German woman with an American passport because I saw in 1 place how well a German woman was treated. thank God i studied russian before i went there-my 7th language. I forbed that 1` woman to speak to me in English anywhere as everyone in every little town I needed a signature from knew i was the american woman carrying a bag of cash to take away one of their children, sick as she was. Write me back if you like,  id love to compare horror stories as i broke 38 laws from arizona to mongolia or i couldnt have succeeded. I also coerced as many women -at least- to break certain laws and rules for me and my child. thank God im not shy- and a polyglot or i wouldve failed, im sure. Bela

Contributor
annie18

[ Edited ]

Hey! annie18 the 2nd-   I know who you are and i would never dare put in writing "more of what she went thru" (as YOU wrote). stop using my name, you're confusing real people- you are so not funny-. pest. come over if you want the gory details, if you hold your tongue ill talk to you next time.right now Im enjoying getting emails from another woman who also went thru hell over there so if you want attention, call me or use my hotmail. i rather converse here with  elsie.  I think she and I  have a lot in common. All of us do who've been there and thats our bad news!!      bela

Wordsmith
Po1gara
0 Kudos

elsie_kev wrote:

OK, now, I'm confused.....are Annie18 and Bela Wolf the same person?

Me too!!!! :smileysurprised: How many annie18s are there?

Contributor
annie18
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There is 1 annie18 who is also bela wolf. My comical friend went on my computer while I was on the website, he thinks I shouldve written everything about northern Siberia  "Costs"  along with their suspicious hospitality but since it was the women of Siberia who helped me get my sick child out, whether compensated or not, i would never insult them as they helped me get my daughter out to save her life, suspicious of me as they were. these countless circumstances were clearly omitted, but you must also take into consideration the extreme poverty and harsh living conditions before they might be judged too harshly. in many areas i had to g to to get signatures i couldnt get food or water for many long periods of time. i dont know the mortality rate there, but I cant imagine people live long healthy lives. later they are just buried anywhere under the ice and snow. i will going forward never allow anyone to call themselves annie18. that was foolish of someone and a one time mistake as he feels still very bad for all i had to go through. Nice to meet you.  It is Elsie who also seemsto have had a hard time over there and we can relate to each other in this matter. Our daughters are the same age and it was sweet of her to let me know she also went thru a great deal, Im sure. Have a nice day and thank you for even noticing me, I never expected my book to be getting as much attention as it has. it will be recommended reading at the Albany Adoption Conference and I am surprised as well as grateful for that. My publisher is also featuring it at the NYC 2010 ameican Book Expo. Im thrilled!  (surprised too)        Bela Wolf (annie18)