Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: Smashwords freebies worth considering

The Mephisto Mysteries  

Say, A3A, have you updated your iPad to the new OS yet?  I find the rich text options including "Add Product" are now available In Safari.  I'm posting this from my iPad 2.

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

[ Edited ]

Currently free

Dolled Up For Murder  

No cover picture available

Author: Deb Baker

Publisher: Deb Baker, Smashwords

"Caroline Birch. Put her away." The message was clutched in the fist of a destitute former doll collector found dead at the bottom of a cliff with a valuable French doll's parasol in her pocket. And the person seen fleeing the crime scene fits Caroline's description. But Gretchen Birch knows her mother is innocent. The problem is, Caroline has disappeared - and she's left an urgent warning that Gretchen is in danger, too.

Inspired Contributor
aharey

I'm bumping this up for people to add new books.

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Currently free

A Luring Murder  

Author:  Stacy verdict Case

Publisher: Smashwords

The irreverent detective is back, and this time she’s on vacation. God help us all. St. Paul, Minnesota Homicide Detective Catherine O’Brien and her loving husband Gavin are vacationing on one of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes. When a local is murdered Catherine is tapped to help the small town Sheriff until the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension arrives to take over the investigation. Catherine is surprised when her partner Louise and Diggs the forensic pathologist, whose crush on Louise is only dwarfed by his own genius, shows up to assist instead of the BCA. Before long Catherine and Louise discover this sleepy little town has a dark side hidden beneath its placid lake charms. Somewhere in the tangle of cheating and deception is a motive for murder.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Still using that iPad, huh, A3A?  I notice the autocorrect nailed you on the author's middle name. :smileyhappy:

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

[ Edited ]
You are right. I was busy attaching a book description, B&N's website did not provide one, that I missed it. Thanks.
The corrected version:

A Luring Murder

Author:  Stacy Verdick Case

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

A3A wrote:
You are right. I was busy attaching a book description, B&N's website did not provide one, that I missed it. Thanks.
The corrected version:

A Luring Murder

Author:  Stacy Verdick Case

I downloaded it and am currently reading it.  It clearly was never proof-read, not even by the author.  Editing errors abound, and the dialog is amateurish. 

After I finish reading it (if I do finish reading it), I might make another attempt to post a "Reader Review" on the B&N Web site.  I have not been able to successfully post such a review for a couple of months. 

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free

A Dream Unfolding  

Author: Karen Baney

Overview
Drew and Hannah Anderson are forced to move to the Arizona Territory in 1863. During their journey they meet the governor and witness several historic events. Will Colter is forced to leave his home, so he heads west to the Arizona Territory. Danger and trials await them in their new home. Will they find their dream of a new life? Or will a new dream unfold before their eyes?

Distinguished Correspondent
aprilbabyAK

Come Fly With Me

Come Fly With Me  

• BN ID: 2940033146109
  • Publisher: Sandi Perry
  • Publication date: 4/4/2012
  • Sold by: SMASHWORDS - EBKS
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 2,482
  • File size: 793 KB

Come Fly With Me is a contemporary novel with a hint of mystery, romance and humor. Allison Ross is a prickly young art gallery owner in New York who has perfected the art of keeping everyone at arm's length. When her father dies tragically, she realizes her own vulnerability. For the first time, she must lean on others for support and discovers her inner strength as she opens her heart to love.

Miss Piggy from Cheap e-Reads
https://www.facebook.com/CheapeReads
New User
Cheryl_Rogers
0 Kudos

I have some freebies available through Smashwords. They include:

The Lesson of Jonah: There is a Price to Pay When You Disobey, a Bible study for 10 to 14 year olds

I Can See God's Word (Skit), an easy-to-perform skit for youth groups, Bible clubs and churches

and 

What You Should Know Before You Hire a Book Desginer, a free ebook for authors who need help with self publishing

Please share the links with your friends. Thanks!

aprilbabyAK

Officer Jones

Officer Jones  

• BN ID: 2940033285273
  • Publisher: Derek Ciccone
  • Publication date: 6/11/2012
  • Sales rank: 3,686
  • File size: 923 KB

After an assignment goes horribly wrong, JP Warner, the fearless international correspondent of GNZ News decides to return to the idyllic town he grew up in, seeking the simple life. But when he looks into the eyes of local policeman, Officer Kyle Jones, he sees the same look he's seen in the many fanatics he's covered over the years, and realizes that he's covering the biggest story of his life.

aprilbabyAK

The Devil's Metal (Devils #1)

The Devil's Metal (Devils #1)  

• BN ID: 2940044995239
  • Publisher: Karina Halle
  • Publication date: 9/16/2012
  • Sales rank: 2,093
  • File size: 866 KB

Put on some Zeppelin, pour yourself a glass of Tang, and get ready for some hot sex, drugs and rock n' roll in this thrilling paranormal romance...

Set in the 1970's, a young music journalist named Dawn Emerson gets the opportunity of a lifetime when she's invited to go on the road with her favorite band. But there are more dangerous complications than Dawn's feelings for the gorgeous guitarist.

aprilbabyAK

Never Say Spy

N

Never Say Spy  

• BN ID: 2940032813873
  • Publisher: Diane Henders
  • Publication date: 10/12/2011
  • Sales rank: 1,958
  • File size: 867 KB

Book 1 of the NEVER SAY SPY seriesDespite her penchant for weapons and ripe language, Aydan Kelly’s resumé reads ‘bookkeeper’, not ‘badass’. She’s leaving the city to fulfill her dream of rural tranquillity when she gets carjacked by a man who shouldn’t exist.Pity her enemies. Because nobody’s tougher than a middle-aged woman who wants her dream back.

aprilbabyAK

Sliding On The Edge

Sliding On The Edge  

• BN ID: 2940044262430
  • Publisher: C. Lee McKenzie
  • Publication date: 1/18/2013
  • Sales rank: 15,420
  • File size: 651 KB

Overview

Shawna Stone is a girl who's destined to be a no one, until she winds up on a California horse ranch with a grandmother she's never known and meets Magic, a doomed horse that "understands" her isolation and her secret desire to destroy herself.

Shawna Stone is a girl who's destined to be a no one, until she winds up on a California horse ranch with a grandmother she's never known and meets Magic, a doomed horse that "understands" her isolation and her secret desire to destroy herself.
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

"No Tears for the Fallen"

"No Tears for the Fallen" -----------------Author and Publisher: Steve Bailey------------- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/no-tears-for-the-fallen-steve-bailey/1113743693?ean=2940045023214 -------------------------------------------------------------------- One sunny afternoon, Nick Price took a stroll through Lumpini Park in Bangkok with his family and friends. At some stage, a joke was cracked, he laughed and placed a hand, intimately, on a young man's shoulder. The event was unremarkable, except that twenty years later a witness testifies that the young man had been Khun Sa, the legendary drug lord from the Golden Triangle. Set against the backdrop of civil unrest in Bangkok in May 1992, DCI Jack Magee visits Thailand to explore Nick Price's murky past in the hope of identifying Khun Sa, unaware that he has been set up by the intelligence services like a goat to catch a tiger.
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free "Alaska Virgin Air"

Free------- "Alaska Virgin Air"---------------Author and Publisher: Izzy Ballard--------- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/alaska-virgin-air-izzy-ballard/1103331803?ean=2940000786222 ------------------------------------------------- Library Journal:---------- When Abigail Vertuccio, a clairvoyant with poor self-esteem, returns to Alaska to help run her grandmother's airline, she soon finds that she is marked for murder. VERDICT Pretty standard fare but the Alaskan setting and the snappy dialog will appeal to readers of cozies.
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

"Susanna and the Spy"

"Susanna and the Spy" --------------------Author and Publisher: Anna Elliott ---------------------------------- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/susanna-and-the-spy-anna-elliott/1108052409?ean=2940044754713
javabird

Re: "Susanna and the Spy"

Bump to remind people about this list.
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

"Miscue"

"Miscue" -------------Author: Glen C. Allison ------------------- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/miscue-glen-allison/1005184531?ean=2940045004824
A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A

Free "Dying for You"

"Dying for You" ----------------Author: Geraldine Evans ------------------ http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dying-for-you-geraldine-evans/1006547910?ean=2940032914617