Inspired Correspondent
DblGee

Soooooo Bummed

I just read that Tom Cruise is going to be Jack Reacher - what a way to ruin a perfectly good series....yuck

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

Re: Soooooo Bummed

Ugh
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

They should have cast Thomas Jane, he would  have been great as Reacher.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

DblGee wrote:

I just read that Tom Cruise is going to be Jack Reacher - what a way to ruin a perfectly good series....yuck

Ok, that's just wrong.  I can guarantee that's a movie I will not go see.   Isn't Jack supposed to be a big guy, like over 6 feet tall and 250+ pounds?  In what universe is Tom Cruise even close to 6 feet tall?

That's horrible casting.

Inspired Correspondent
DblGee
0 Kudos

Thomas Jane - agreed....much more Reacher looking than Cruise

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

DblGee wrote:

Ok, that's just wrong.  I can guarantee that's a movie I will not go see.   Isn't Jack supposed to be a big guy, like over 6 feet tall and 250+ pounds?  In what universe is Tom Cruise even close to 6 feet tall?

That's horrible casting.

He just acts like a big ham.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Reader 2
Capri142

That is soooooooo Badddd. TC does not fit the image of Reacher at all. Reacher is a Big man, not particularaly handsome, a bit weather worn and cynical as hell. How the pansy will ever pull this off..............One movie that I will most defenitely wait till the DVD comes out

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

Plus there was an L. Ron Hubbard book posted as a freebie.  What's happening?  Are they taking over?

paranoid

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

It will definitely prove how good an actor Cruise is.  I've read every Reacher book and somehow Tom Cruise was NOT the picture I had in mind of who Jack Reacher was.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

It will definitely prove how good an actor Cruise is.  I've read every Reacher book and somehow Tom Cruise was NOT the picture I had in mind of who Jack Reacher was.

LOL Alan, not what I had in mind either.  In fact, I probably won't go see it, because if they're going to cast a 5'7" in guy to play a 6'3" character, I'm guessing they're going to destroy the rest of the book also.

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

Reading The Affair right now.  Actually, Reacher about 6'5" and weighs in at about 240.  He has blond hair for God's sake! 

When I heard TC would be playing the part I thought that was the worst casting call ever.  Wonder if Lee Child had any say in that decision.

Of all the novels, Persuader is my favorite.  The Killing Floor is second favorite.

Each full length novel is $.99

Midnight Reflections  - Romantic Suspense

The Necromancer - Paranormal, witches, scary fun  

The Living Image  - Thriller, clones, twins, spies

Inspired Contributor
altreco
0 Kudos

I've not been happy with TC since he participated in the destruction of one of the best television characters of the 70's...Jim Phelps.  Now this.  If true that really sucks.